Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options

Good luck to him

Absolutely. Deserves every success & comes across as a nice guy too
  • Options
    was Carlos training for a fight before he found out about AJ?
  • Options

was Carlos training for a fight before he found out about AJ?

If you believe Eddie Hearn then yes he was, I think he was in the gym but no way was he in any way preparing for Joshua
  • Options
    he seems keen but he would be, biggest pay day he's ever had and at the age of 36.
  • Options
    Talks underway for a Joshua/Parker unification in March next year. The Parker promoters want a 50/50 split of the purse so the negotiations could last a long time. Or they could be over very quickly!
  • Options
    Does anyone give Parker any sort of a show?

The NZ government run TAB betting agency has Joshua at just $1.12 and Parker has come back from over $6 to be $5.50 today.

Was just reading how David Price put Joshua down in training with heavy gloves, mind you that was six years ago. All the same, glass chin?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Six years ago AJ was still an amateur! Whyte put AJ down in a fight (also amateur), and Klitschko downed him last year; doesn't mean he has a glass chin! Ali went down (vs Frazier), and so did Larry Holmes (a few times), but they didn't have glass chins...they got up and (usually) won.

I think we know with AJ that he can take a shot, it is only a very good punch that will knock him down, and that he is capable of getting up and winning.

He may not be the best ever, but he's pretty good and one of us too!

He will have to control his mind versus Parker (who is already doing well with the wind-ups), but if he does, I can't see anything other than an AJ win, even if only on points.

Spot on analysis. Ali had one of the best chins of any heavyweight, ever, and Holmes got up from that ridiculous punch from Ernie Shavers to win.

My take is that AJ will win by stoppage in the middle rounds, setting up a huge fight later in the year in the US with Wilder.

• Options
    Rob McCracken is no mug...He will know AJ HAS to come in lighter to give himself the best chance to win, which i think he will btw, Parker is half decent at cutting the ring off at a lighter weight so IMO i think McCracken will working more on the stamina this time round. The power is natural for him so he needs to make sure Parker doesnt wear him down and beat on a tired AJ.

Wouldnt say he has a glass chin though, hes in the division of the big hitters so all fighters chins will be tested at some point! Parker never been infront of a big hitter so his apparent solid chin will be tested!
  • Options

Rob McCracken is no mug...He will know AJ HAS to come in lighter to give himself the best chance to win, which i think he will btw, Parker is half decent at cutting the ring off at a lighter weight so IMO i think McCracken will working more on the stamina this time round. The power is natural for him so he needs to make sure Parker doesnt wear him down and beat on a tired AJ.

Wouldnt say he has a glass chin though, hes in the division of the big hitters so all fighters chins will be tested at some point! Parker never been infront of a big hitter so his apparent solid chin will be tested!

I love it when people say boxers have glass chins

Amir Khan is the biggest example of this, if any professional boxer, even the supposed powder puff hitters connect with the spot on your jaw or temple you are going on your arse. Concentration, tiredness and being unprepared are why boxers mostly get stuck down. occasionally it is a genuine wonder punch mostly it's a lack of concentration
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm still in shock that Hughie Fury didn't get the decision against Parker. Looked like a masterclass from my perspective - very similar to Tyson Fury vs Klitschko
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Carter said:

Amir Khan is the biggest example of this, if any professional boxer, even the supposed powder puff hitters connect with the spot on your jaw or temple you are going on your arse. Concentration, tiredness and being unprepared are why boxers mostly get stuck down. occasionally it is a genuine wonder punch mostly it's a lack of concentration
    agree with you up to a point but there is some genetics to it as well. having a thick skull and a square jaw can help. though that isn't necessarily going to always get you out of trouble if you don't add concentration and stamina.
  • Options

Carter said:

agree with you up to a point but there is some genetics to it as well. having a thick skull and a square jaw can help. though that isn't necessarily going to always get you out of trouble if you don't add concentration and stamina.
    I'm not really a fan of the term glass chin, especially as if someone smashed me in the face I'd be on the floor crying for my mummy. However it certainly seems that Khan, who has been wobbled by jabs, is far more susceptible to being wobbled then a lot of boxers.

Wether this is a genetic issue, I remember when he moved to roach they talked about changing his body shape a bit to help, or due to a stamina/concentration issue I don't know.
  • Options
    Parker will be found out
  • Options

I'm still in shock that Hughie Fury didn't get the decision against Parker. Looked like a masterclass from my perspective - very similar to Tyson Fury vs Klitschko

I'm still in shock that I watched all 12 rounds of that abomination
  • Options
    Parker is just not good enough to beat AJ, end of
  • Options

His promoter said he is.
  • Options
    AJ said it himself in the presser his weight in the Takam fight wasn’t right now my thoughts are based on the press conference AJ is listening and as long as that continues he will come in around 17 st , Parker looked lost he seemed out of his depth and nervous , and has lost the fight already

He will freeze and AJ will knock him out inside 5 rds I would even say AJ ko 1-3

If AJ looks heavy and if he allows the access to him he normally does then Parker’s team will see his weight , if they see he is going for power then Parker is back in the contest and will spoil for 5 or 6 and take AJ into the later rds where AJ will win by decision and there will be a storm as to if the result was right

• Options

His promoter said he is.
    Is promoter isn't getting in the ring with AJ though.
  • Options
    Doesn't sound as if it's really worth the 2,000 quid they're asking for a ringside seat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Doesn't sound as if it's really worth the 2,000 quid they're asking for a ringside seat.

Totally not worthy of that price the sad thing is when he fights the real gypsy king that seat will be 3k

Fucking scandal
  • Options
    Have just heard that an American promoter is offering Anthony Joshua $50 million to fight Deontay Wilder at a venue of wilder' choosing, wilder to receive $12.5 million.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    That’s doing the rounds on Twitter but it started from a fake journalist account.

Hearns offer of 12.5 million to wilder was rejected so don’t think wilder would then offer the same deal

Edit: Hearn confirmed he has reveived offer but no contract. Feels it’s a PR move. Does seem strange. Why offer same deal you’ve rejected?
  • Options
    Eddie believes the fight is worth 40 million and offered wilder a 35% ish split

Wilders team think it’s worth 100 million and offered 50/50

If the 50 million for Joshua is guaranteed then he has to take the fight no question.
  • Options
    Seems like a PR move.

Hearn says there's a meeting planned for Friday.
    Wilder's team make an offer on Wednesday and say they want an answer within 24 hours. But from what Hearn said, literally nothing is known about the offer so they can't accept it yet, and Wilder's team will know that.

Wilder will then announce he's fighting Breazeale.
  • Options
    Some of these modern yanks' arseholes go when travelling to the UK that's why they stay at home in front of their poxy mickey mouse crowds and demand everyone goes running there. Probably started after Lacey got delightfully schooled by calzaghe after giving it the Billy big bollocks.

Joshua should go over there and batter him. Could use some of the $50m to pay for half the UK to go over and support him.

Beat him and be true undisputed champion and they can come to you afterwards.

This is the shit side of modern boxing, just fight each other ffs.

• Options
    Wilder isn't that big a draw on his own, but people will want to see Joshua try to unify the belts. Is $100mil inconceivable?
  • Options
    100 million is possible further down the line imo but not now

AJ is a superstar in the UK, while Wilder is known to boxing fans

In the States neither of them are all that well known to the general public.

To make the 100 million it would need to be a success on US PPV. Wilder has NEVER had a fight on PPV so its a completely untested market.
  • Options
    I think Wilder v Breazeale has been agreed for some time now.
    July sometime, just hasn't been announced yet
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!