Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 World Heavyweight Champions (AJ v Klitshko from Page 20)

Comments

• Options
    Hug hie Fury v Joseph Parker has been confirmed for September 23 in Manchester. Parker will be ringside when Fury has a warm-up in July.
  • Options
    Klitschko announces his retirement. No Joshua rematch.
  • Options
    Does anyone give Hughie Fury much of a show against the battle-hardened Joseph Parker next Saturday.

Tickets not exactly being snapped up. Only around 3,000 sold a couple of days ago.
  • Options
    Parker hasn't looked great in his last two fights (came in too heavy imo) but I expect him to have too much for Fury.
    Think we will see Parker back down at around 235 next week
  • Options
    I don't fancy Parker's chances of getting any decision in the UK with Furys people pretty much running the show. Parker will need a KO just to get the draw
  • Options
    My faith in judging has been restored. Right decision tonight with Joseph Parker retaining his title against Hughie Fury.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    World Heavyweight Champions as of September 2017

WBC - Deontay Wilder 38-0 (37 KO)
    WBA & IBF Anthony Joshua 19-0 (19 KO)
    WBO - Joseph Parker 24-0 (18 KO)

Combined 81 Wins - 0 Defeats - 74 KOs
  • Options
    118-110 is the new WTF? Though Parker certainly won. I had him 5 up
  • Options
    Good to hear Stewie. Thanks for that. I had to follow the fight the hard way online with written comments only and it seemed to possibly go either way. We're out in the wap wraps at the moment.
  • Options

If you think that giving it to Parker by that much restores your faith then I really don’t know what to say. To only give Fury two rounds is laughable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

If you think that giving it to Parker by that much restores your faith then I really don’t know what to say. To only give Fury two rounds is laughable.
    100% Parker looked like a novice in the first half of the fight swing and missing wildly with piss poor footwork. I had it 8-4 Fury and couldn't see any result other than Fury win. Hit and don't get hit is boxing... Although Fury not best to watch!
  • Options
    Shocking scoring but the right result reached I had Parker winning but wow he gets ko d if he gets in with anyone from whyte upwards , Daniel Debois would ko him right now , hughie tried to copy Tyson with footwork and shot picking but was off in timing and didn't do enough in work rate

Parker the worst champ I have seen in years
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Parker has shown that the punch power he displayed against stiffs early in his career was vastly overrated. Three world title fights now and all of them by decision against C and D level challengers. He needs to cash out against AJ now before he loses the opportunity. Joshua wins by heavy KO
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Didn’t say I agreed with the scoring but my faith is restored in the right fighter getting the decision after GGG had his pants pulled down last week.

Everything about this fight was fishy, including switching it from NZ to the UK after Hughies ‘injury’. I was positive Fury would get a hometown decision on a Hennesey promotion.
  • Options

Shocking scoring but the right result reached I had Parker winning but wow he gets ko d if he gets in with anyone from whyte upwards , Daniel Debois would ko him right now , hughie tried to copy Tyson with footwork and shot picking but was off in timing and didn't do enough in work rate

Think you are forgetting Charles Martin.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Parker worse than Charles Martin in fact I'd have Martin the crack head to beat him
  • Options

Parker worse than Charles Martin in fact I'd have Martin the crack head to beat him

No chance , Parker is bang average but Martin was next level shit.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Not arguing that Parker isnt a weak champion but still has a better resume than Deontay Wilder,although that’ll change if Wilder beats Ortiz in November. The WBO does have a history of forgettable heavyweight champions ie Michael Bentt, Herbie Hide, Henry Akinwande and Siarhei Liakhovich!!!!!
  • Options
    Henry Akinwande! His title fight against great qhite hope Scott Welch was one of the worst I've ever seen. Not too far off the parker Fury fight tbf
  • Options

buckshee said:

Didn’t say I agreed with the scoring but my faith is restored in the right fighter getting the decision after GGG had his pants pulled down last week.

Everything about this fight was fishy, including switching it from NZ to the UK after Hughies ‘injury’. I was positive Fury would get a hometown decision on a Hennesey promotion.
    sorry mate I can't agree with this. You said your faith has been restored in judging?

Because you thought Fury would get a hometown decision, you are happy that the judges went the other way. No way did Fury win only 2 round last night, he won a minimum 4. I would have scored it 6-4 Parker with 2 too very close. A winner by 3 would probably have been the fairest decision.

Yes the decision was probably right but to give Fury 2 rounds was a joke, but because you thought Parker needed a KO to even get a draw, faith in judging restored? Not by a longshot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

not sure on that one, Martin was a joke. But do agree in principle, Parker is bang average and needs to lose soon.
  • Options

A friend mine mentioned Daniel Dubois to me ages ago as being the next big thing. Is he any good?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

A friend mine mentioned Daniel Dubois to me ages ago as being the next big thing. Is he any good?
    Trust me he is.
    And he comes from Greenwich
  • Options
    Seen his last couple close up , hard to tell as his opponents ain’t been up to much but he can’t half bang and is only 19.
  • Options
    Daniel Dubois is the most perfectly balanced boxer out there at the minute his footwork and ability to transfer power and real power much harder hitter than AJ is unbelievable considering his age and experience

I have seen him close up and watched him train it's amazing DDD will rule the world 100%
  • Options

sorry mate I can't agree with this. You said your faith has been restored in judging?

Because you thought Fury would get a hometown decision, you are happy that the judges went the other way. No way did Fury win only 2 round last night, he won a minimum 4. I would have scored it 6-4 Parker with 2 too very close. A winner by 3 would probably have been the fairest decision.

Yes the decision was probably right but to give Fury 2 rounds was a joke, but because you thought Parker needed a KO to even get a draw, faith in judging restored? Not by a longshot.

I don’t think the judges went the other way at all. The judge who scored it a draw was furthest off the mark. Fury won 4 round at the very most, if you’re generous. He didn’t take one forward step, he didn’t sit down on a single punch and his jab was practically a semi contact flick. In truth, Fury did nothing in this fight but run and hold. What bothers me about these so called fighting men ‘travellers’ is their reluctance to actually fight. That goes for Tyson’s win over Klitschko in what was possibly the most boring heavyweight championship fight in history. Like Hughie, he averaged 10-15 punches per round. Sorry I digress. Anyway, I’m just glad the fix wasn’t in as I expected with Mick Hennessy and the Fury’s pulling a fast one. With Hennessy losing so much coin with this promotion I was convinced it hinged on Fury taking the belt and them milking the cash cow clash with AJ.

Re Daniel Dubois - he punches like a train. He hit me with a playful left hook in sparring back in March of this yea and it span me 180 degrees onto my knees and I was taking tramadol for a week afterwards. Beast.

• Options
    I agree ref hughie he did not do anywhere near enough to win the fight

But I take you to task ref Tyson , we all like a scrap in our boxing matches But there's also artistry and Tyson was punch and foot perfect against vlad

Why stand and trade which Tyson can and has let's not forget but you can also box smart and with the skills and footwork that allows you not to get hit

Tysons win was one of great boxing ring craft and skill and can not be diminished

DDD now you are nail on head there his power is so good I just pray they can teach the defense side to match his natural balance and power and power transfer which is all natural and gifted by god I really rate him higher than I ever rated AJ I still believe AJ is beatable and Is very easy to hit

• Options
    Joshua said he wanted to come in lighter this time compared to against Wlad.

Instead he weighs in even heavier than he did in May.
  • Options
    Joshua getting a reported £10m for what's going to be an easy nights work
  • Options
    Good luck to him
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!