Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watt to remain at The Valley (ed. GONE Blackburn to get much needed game time again)

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
BBC reports Charlton Athletic reject Championship rivals Cardiff City's request to extend the loan of striker Tony Watt.

"We put it on the table but they were not interested in the loan," Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo told BBC Radio Wales. "They said no."

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Or someone else will buy him for a cut price.
  • Options
    Cushty
  • Options

So he'll come back and be completely unmanageable. Great!!

is that so ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    purdis said:

Wouldn't it be nice if TW comes back and performs his magic, keeping us in the Championship!
    He would have to be some fucking magician to do that!!!!!
  • Options
    purdis said:

Wouldn't it be nice if TW comes back and performs his magic, keeping us in the Championship!
    It would also be nice if we got rid of Karel Fraeye and got in a manager with a bit of Championship experience, and improved upon a 0-5 scoreline.

But things don't always work out the way you want them to.
  • Options

purdis said:

It would also be nice if we got rid of Karel Fraeye and got in a manager with a bit of Championship experience, and improved upon a 0-5 scoreline.

But things don't always work out the way you want them to.
    Sometimes they do, though - often helped by a bit of positive thinking!
  • Options
    He will keep us up!
  • Options
    I'll be surprised if he plays for us again, he's quite likely already being touted around to any championship club who will listen
  • Options
    Cardiff City have failed in a bid to extend Tony Watt's stay at the club.

Watt's loan from Charlton expired on Saturday and he wasn't included in the Bluebirds' match day squad ahead of their 3-1 win over Wolves at Molineux.

The Bluebirds, who were placed under a transfer embargo on Friday after failing financial fair play, had sought to extend Watt's loan but parent club Charlton have rejected their bid.

It now looks as though he has played his last game for the club.

Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo told BBC Radio Wales : "We put it on the table but they were not interested in the loan. They said no."

Prior to news of the Bluebirds' transfer embargo - which will be in place for the rest of the January window - a permanent £1m deal for Watt had been mooted.
  • Options
    The club seemed keen to offload him, so suspect all this means is his asking price will have to be lowered.
  • Options
    Do we have a definitive truth on why he went in the first place? Is it recoverable under a new manager or has he burned his bridges with the team? Couldn't care less if he doesn't get on with the CEO, neither should she.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Duchatelet needs to shift £2m worth of players to make budget. He will be pimping Watt out all around Europe. Everything is a slave to the budget
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Do we have a definitive truth on why he went in the first place? Is it recoverable under a new manager or has he burned his bridges with the team? Couldn't care less if he doesn't get on with the CEO, neither should she.

I've seen a lot of comments from people with friends ITK but nothing concrete. Latest one I read was that he got overly aggressive with Luzon.
  • Options
    I think they want to sell him and Cardiff can't buy him because of a transfer embargo.
  • Options
    I'd settle for a series of 1-0 to the Charlton, George Graham style.
  • Options

he couldn't be any worse than the other lot out there at the moment & IO don't recall losing 5 & 6 nil with TW in the side.

Give it a week.........
  • Options
    I reckon Riga probably insisted that Watt returned to Charlton.

• Options

I reckon Riga probably insisted that Watt returned to Charlton.

I haven't a clue about anything, like most on here. Even those who are ITK might have received info that is only partially correct.

I wouldn't be surprised though, he still has a couple of weeks of Watt to see if he can handle him or if he is a bad egg, before they have to opportunity to move him on.