Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold

12346»

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:

I think that reply from Sharron was fair enough, she's just doing her job and that doesn't include answering questions about future payments or the strategy of the football club, how could she possibly ?

Pick your targets carefully.

I am not picking on Sharon personally, she is obviously just doing as she is told, but the point I am making is that the attitude is indicative of the way things are going. Nobody seems to care about what is upsetting the people who have supported the club and academy by way of season tickets and valley gold contributions for many years, what kind of way is that to run a business?
  • Options

se9addick said:

I think that reply from Sharron was fair enough, she's just doing her job and that doesn't include answering questions about future payments or the strategy of the football club, how could she possibly ?

I am not picking on Sharon personally, she is obviously just doing as she is told, but the point I am making is that the attitude is indicative of the way things are going. Nobody seems to care about what is upsetting the people who have supported the club and academy by way of season tickets and valley gold contributions for many years, what kind of way is that to run a business?
    His original email explained why he wasn't renewing, if she had just replied with a 'why' or 'what can change your mind' she would have been slated for not 'listening to customers' by actually reading the email!
  • Options
    When I threatened to pull out moons ago , I can't remember why , Steve Dixon rang me up and persuaded me to stay in it
  • Options

se9addick said:

His original email explained why he wasn't renewing, if she had just replied with a 'why' or 'what can change your mind' she would have been slated for not 'listening to customers' by actually reading the email!
    But surely something like " would you reconsider?" would not hurt? Its just basic common sense and good business practise, we have all been on here moaning about how the club doesn't care about us and how badly they are running it and surely this kind of attitude towards the loss of our contributions just serves to prove us correct?
  • Options

se9addick said:

But surely something like " would you reconsider?" would not hurt? Its just basic common sense and good business practise, we have all been on here moaning about how the club doesn't care about us and how badly they are running it and surely this kind of attitude towards the loss of our contributions just serves to prove us correct?
    The guy has made a clear statement as to his reasons for not renewing and that he won't give another penny until the regime has changed. Sharron's in a no win here because if she tries to persuade she'd be accused of siding with the club and/or disrespecting the guy and the reasons given (or not listening).

What she's done is respected the person's decision but left the door open should he reconsider. She's got the balance spot on in my view.

In answer to an earlier question, membership has fallen but it's far from a landslide. Social media does tend to give false perceptions of groundswell.

As for paying the club in June, Sharron already indicated that any major funding decision would be after that, later in the year meaning H2. Because of the club and VG fiscal years running July to June clearly this has already had an impact.
  • Options
    Seeing the Crossbar Challenge reminded me that I am still a member of VG. Can anyone in the know tell me if VG have given the club any of the money this year?
  • Options

Seeing the Crossbar Challenge reminded me that I am still a member of VG. Can anyone in the know tell me if VG have given the club any of the money this year?

No, they didn't give them any money this summer
  • Options

Thought of this myself...
    The 'advert' for the crossbar challenge at HT stated that Valley Gold we're sponsoring this (and presumably the prize money?)
    Any idea how/why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:

Thought of this myself...
    The 'advert' for the crossbar challenge at HT stated that Valley Gold we're sponsoring this (and presumably the prize money?)
    Any idea how/why?
    Not sponsored, run by.

The exciting new initiative is being run by Charlton Club, the organisation behind Valley Gold
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-football-club-crossbar-challenge-jackpot-3303394.aspx#MmF38ja4VbwcbC82.99
  • Options
    Good initiative. Pity it wont get me to rejoin.
  • Options

I threatened to pull out

Said that to the girlfriend last night.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Looking for a new promoter. Will be like hitting your head against a brick wall until RD/KM leave.

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/2016/09/15/vacancy-promoter-charlton-club/

• Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Looking for a new promoter. Will be like hitting your head against a brick wall until RD/KM leave.

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/2016/09/15/vacancy-promoter-charlton-club/

Poisoned chalice at the moment.
  • Options
    WHY JOIN VALLEY GOLD?
    VALLEY GOLD
    Support the club
    Valley Gold enables fans to support the club in unearthing the talents of tomorrow – so that they can be sold to Premiership clubs to line Roland's pockets.
  • Options
    @jamescafc @Mametz read this thread to settle the argument. Namely the convo between HI and RF
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

@jamescafc @Mametz read this thread to settle the argument. Namely the convo between HI and RF

What are we looking for?
  • Options
    I'm not sure either. What page Neil?
  • Options

So will VG be making a donation to the club on June 2016? Yes or no

rikofold said:

The statement is what we're saying on the matter. Others have understood it.

rikofold said:

The statement is what we're saying on the matter. Others have understood it.
    It's a reasonable question from a member. why won't you give a straight answer?

I ask again, will VG be making the planned payment to the football club in June 2016, yes or no?

stonemuse said:

To be fair Rik, it's a fair question.

The statement says:

However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

That could mean payment will be made in June .... which, as you know, many of us do not want.

It is a fair question and the longer Rich avoids it the more it seems that the answer is not one that you or I would like.

That could be easily and quickly disproved by @rikofold giving a direct answer.

We know he opposed the idea of withholding a payment in June and argued against it.
    rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

However, the supporters’ representatives felt that they could not overlook the concerns raised, and indicated that they would not consider any further major donations to the football club until later on in the year.

That could mean payment will be made in June .... which, as you know, many of us do not want.

It is a fair question and the longer Rich avoids it the more it seems that the answer is not one that you or I would like.

We know he opposed the idea of withholding a payment in June and argued against it.
    I'm not avoiding the question, but the committee agreed a statement and it's not for me to make my own variation.

What I will say is what Sharron has already said to you Henry - that it's reasonable to assume we're talking about the second half of the year. Make of that what you will, but as I say most people seem to have understood what the statement is saying.

I'm not the enemy, try not to forget that everyone, but I am constrained by my role.

rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

I'm not avoiding the question, but the committee agreed a statement and it's not for me to make my own variation.

What I will say is what Sharron has already said to you Henry - that it's reasonable to assume we're talking about the second half of the year. Make of that what you will, but as I say most people seem to have understood what the statement is saying.

I'm not the enemy, try not to forget that everyone, but I am constrained by my role.
    But Sharon isn't a committee member, you are and I don't want to assume incorrectly.

Answer the question.
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

stonemuse said:

The statement says:

But Sharon isn't a committee member, you are and I don't want to assume incorrectly.

Answer the question.
    You have no right to demand something of me you know very well I'm not free to say. The Committee agreed a statement, make of it what you will. I've said all I'm going to say on it, and if you really haven't worked it out by now then you've gone down in my estimation Mr Irving.

But you know exactly what the situation is and are just making the usual mischief.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now I remember all this discussion before.

The way valley Gold is set up is like a charity, you have to have certain aims in order to be able to operate without tax and that.

There seems to be some legal requirement to pay over money's towards a certain goal (no pun intended eh Russell?) otherwise the structure folds.

Not close enough to this to know whether these founding terms can be amended and if so by whom, what vote etc, while I'm sure it must have been looked at, just have no visibility on it.

The clearer it is, the easier it is for people to decide. The money goes to this, are you happy with that? If not, cancel, if yes, stay.

If the money goes to the women's team, to the under 15's etc, does this mean we are saving the regime money?

I just don't know. The concern would be that these are areas that his regime is too incompetent to care for and yet are required for the future of our club. If you believe that, join.

The counter argument is that he would instead spend the money himself and this is just money off his bill. No personal experience of him or regime being clever enough to buy food when starving never mind about growing food for when the winter arrives.

Better transparency is good, targeted initiatives that would not get funded otherwise are good. If this can be achieved this looks well worth the subscription to me.
  • Options
    Two recent good news stories from Valley Gold

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/2016/10/14/valley-gold-donates-2500-charlton-athletic-womens-team/

http://www.valleygold.org.uk/2016/10/11/charlton-athletic-deaf-fc-thanks-valley-gold/

The club should also support these teams, and maybe they do, but it is good to see that supporters money is going to these teams which are part of Charlton
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Thinking about signing up..
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Thinking about signing up..

worth it just for the priority for away tickets. Save yourself the scramble for Walsall away

• Options
    So fans of other clubs can’t watch the tournament then?
  • Options
    Has this really been thought out properly ?

Apart from MOL's comment above re attendees( which IMO is very short sighted) isn't Sunday 13th May designated as a semi final of L1's playoffs ?

Please forgive me if I have this wrong but if correct, it seems as though the club is already throwing in the towel with regards to promotion and is the wrong message to send out to all Addicks' fans.