Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley Gold

Comments

• Options

stonemuse said:

The truth is out there ...unfortunately it isn't deemed necessary that we be informed of the details behind the minutes.

Too many people are taking the piss at the moment ...this is the briefest precis I have ever seen ...minutes are meant to be precise and a detailed record of the discussions that led to a recommendation and subsequently to the released statement.

Very poor show.

I share Stonemuse's (and others) frustration here, the situation is ridiculous. If the reps on Valley Gold feel that they can't give a definitive, clear statement on whether a payment will be made in June or not they should hold another meeting quickly with this issue being the sole agenda item. Then get back to all VG members to confirm June payment or otherwise.
    It maybe too late for that, as people now may (or have) cancel their standing orders as they have not got a definitive answer in the minutes.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

stonemuse said:

The truth is out there ...unfortunately it isn't deemed necessary that we be informed of the details behind the minutes.

Too many people are taking the piss at the moment ...this is the briefest precis I have ever seen ...minutes are meant to be precise and a detailed record of the discussions that led to a recommendation and subsequently to the released statement.

Very poor show.

I share Stonemuse's (and others) frustration here, the situation is ridiculous. If the reps on Valley Gold feel that they can't give a definitive, clear statement on whether a payment will be made in June or not they should hold another meeting quickly with this issue being the sole agenda item. Then get back to all VG members to confirm June payment or otherwise.
    It maybe too late for that, as people now may (or have) cancel their standing orders as they have not got a definitive answer in the minutes.
    I agree and it will only get worse until the situation is clarified. Whether they like it or not these people are managing other people's money and have a responsibility to clarify the June payment situation unequivocally
  • Options
    I withdrew my membership when I got the response from Sharon until I get 100% confirmation that the money won't go to the club. I won't be joining again.

The money will go to Rolland in July guaranteed because they have already said if the club doesn't back VG it will cease to exist, therefor these so called committee members will be out of a job, so why would you expect them to give honest answers. If they did you would all leave the scheme and they would loose there jobs.

The next protest should be to setup a new fund for VG that will be paid to them when RD has sold up.

• Options
    Took a big hit today with the jackpot first prize being £225 average so for this season is about £350. With the second prize being a fixed £100 how long before the second prize is worth more than first.
  • Options
    Don't worry ladies and Gents the money will be used to build the flats at the Jimmy Seed end.

Anybody still giving this regime any excuse to "take your money" must be mad and can you really believe anything KM, RM or Rolly himself tells us?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    kentred2 said:

Only way to stop them getting your money is it seems to withdraw from valley gold.

100%.
    Again, I ask, are "we" giving money to RD or not ?
    1). Yes.
    2). No.
    3). There is no option 3.
  • Options
    anyone able to get current VG membership numbers? would be intresting to see if they had plumeted?
  • Options
    I was surprised this was not covered at the last meeting, as it was not referred to in the minutes, i would have thought it would have been a standing item on the agenda.
  • Options
    I thought we weren't under the current circumstances - If that position has changed I'm out. I'll wait for the confirmation with interest.
  • Options
    It's hard because I have been a member of Valley Gold since it started. I have never considered leaving before, even when we had some tough years - but I always reckoned that the club needed it's fans. It clearly doesn't think it does now and openly disrespects them. It really is time to go. From being a Charlton nut virtually all my life, next season, I and my family will no longer be season ticket holders and I will be out of Valley Gold. I feels a bit like a divorce.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dear Paul

RE: VALLEY GOLD MEMBERSHP NUMBER 3367
    It’s that time of year again!!
    Your Valley Gold membership is due for renewal on 02nd March 2016. Please can you forward your remittance of £60.00 as soon as possible, cheques should be made payable to Charlton Club – Valley Gold. Please accept my apologies if you have forwarded your remittance within the last week. If you would like to make your payment via internet banking or pay pal, email me at (valleygold@cafc.co.uk) and I will give you the details.

Thank you for your continued support of the scheme and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.
    Yours sincerely......
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sharron,
    Apologies for the delay in replying, haven't been too good recently.
    I'm afraid I shall not be giving any more money to Valley Gold, or indeed the Club, until the current board have been removed and/or I have a 100% guarantee that VG will not be passing on any money to them in the future.
    Apologies,
    Thank You

Paul.

Hi Paul

Thanks for letting me know and I hope you feel better soon.
    Can I just say a big thank you for your contributions over the years and if you wish to re-join at any time please just let me know.

Sharron

This is just beyond belief, not the slightest hint of an attempt to persuade you to change your mind, wtf?

• Options
    Good to see that a bit of dignity can be maintained by both parties there.
  • Options

Dear Paul

Your Valley Gold membership is due for renewal on 02nd March 2016. Please can you forward your remittance of £60.00 as soon as possible, cheques should be made payable to Charlton Club – Valley Gold. Please accept my apologies if you have forwarded your remittance within the last week. If you would like to make your payment via internet banking or pay pal, email me at (valleygold@cafc.co.uk) and I will give you the details.

Thank you for your continued support of the scheme and please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any queries.
    Yours sincerely......
    Dear Sharron,
    I'm afraid I shall not be giving any more money to Valley Gold, or indeed the Club, until the current board have been removed and/or I have a 100% guarantee that VG will not be passing on any money to them in the future.
    Apologies,
    Thank You

Paul.

Hi Paul

Can I just say a big thank you for your contributions over the years and if you wish to re-join at any time please just let me know.

Sharron

No reply to your question re future payments to the club. Interesting that was not mentioned but at least you got a reply, unlike Meire.
  • Options
    That's the standard response that I got when I cancelled my VG, with the amount of cut & paste that response is getting surprised it's not trending on Twitter.
  • Options

Dear Paul

Yours sincerely......
    Dear Sharron,
    Apologies,
    Thank You

Paul.

Hi Paul

Sharron

This is just beyond belief, not the slightest hint of an attempt to persuade you to change your mind, wtf?

I didn't even get a response I seem to recall when I cancelled.
  • Options
    I got the same response from her last month.

Why fight for fans to renew when she probably thinks the same as us!!!
  • Options
    To be fair, and I don't know the ins and outs here, if Rikofold feels he can't deliver a clearer answer than the one you have, Sharron is probably in no position to do more, as she is an employee, ans an apology might be seen as condemning her boses.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also had this response when I cancelled my VG last week. Bit unfair to suggest Sharron should be doing any more, trying to apologise or persuade people to remain, she's just doing her job and I actually appreciated the fact they asked why I was resigning my membership: a chance for my anger to be expressed along with an actual act of defiance which ultimately hurts the club in the pocket.

I told Sharron that if and when the club is placed under an ownership I feel has the best interests of CAFC at heart then I will happily rejoin. The aims of VG were, and should be, to produce young talent capable of allowing our club to challenge on the pitch and progress up the leagues. Hopefully the time will come when the ownership of our clubs shares this ambition.
  • Options
    What do people want? Sharron to beg you to stay?
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Jarman said:

Apologies,
    Thank You

An answer to the request of a 100% guarantee that VG will not be passed whilst the current board are at the club?
  • Options

Jarman said:

Apologies,
    Thank You

An answer to the request of a 100% guarantee that VG will nor be passed whilst the current board are at the club?
    They cant answer this question. If they do with hold the money then VG would be wrapped up I think - therefore they would loose there jobs.

They are hoping by July everything will be ok :)

• Options
    I have cancelled as my impression is that the money will be paid in June. I can not give anymore to this regime.
    I will re join when they are gone

SAD TIMES
  • Options
    Funding kids to grow and end up in this regimes Charlton machine is not,to my mind, giving them oppurtunity.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Nobody is suggesting that she should beg but surely it would be prudent for her at least to ask if the person is sure and have some form of justification prepared as to why they would hope that the person cancelling would reconsider. I know Valley Gold is not a business in the usual sense but it must be poor practice to just glibly accept cancellations without at least trying to get them to think again, its not begging.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think that reply from Sharron was fair enough, she's just doing her job and that doesn't include answering questions about future payments or the strategy of the football club, how could she possibly ?

Pick your targets carefully.

Agree
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think that reply from Sharron was fair enough, she's just doing her job and that doesn't include answering questions about future payments or the strategy of the football club, how could she possibly ?

Pick your targets carefully.

I agree!