Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold

Comments

• My simple folks take , having been too busy to read each and every thing over the last two weeks and skim read a bit (and I will probably be wrong on bits #disclaimer) is that Valley Gold needs Charlton Athletic (Roland's bit of it) involved with it for legal reasons ( lottery style whatever) and grown up adult stuff.
    Therefore they can't just ostracise KM and the other fella from Charlton from the legally formed committee , so this ambiguous statement is released to keep the Valley Gold ship running smoothly (ish)
    They can't come out and say we've told the current Charlton Athletic freak show to poke it and no money is coming because it would leave Charlton in a position where they may pull out and it all collapses due to all the rules etc
    I'm taking it as they've told them (KM and co) unless things change dramatically the next payment will not be forthcoming , whenever it is due and that will then mean we get to a point further down the line without Valley Gold going in to meltdown.
    What happens when we get to the "no you're knocked" point further down the line who knows but if I have misjudged things and there is a payment to the freak show then I as a Valley Gold member from its first day will cancel my subscription straight away but for now I will continue .

If this is the case, then the VG statement was misleading and I would suggest deliberately so in order to shore up the remaining membership.
  • Payment will be made 1st July, you can almost gurantee it.

Perhaps meant lightheartedly, but really that is a ludicrous interpretation and disrespectful to the fans' reps.

About as ludicrous as the issued statement IMHO.

• I have personally decided not to give RD another penny of my money. However despite saying that I have remained in Valley Gold. If another payment is made to the club then it's quite simple for me,I then cancel!
  • edited January 2016
    Well said ...a clarifying statement is basically what we have been trying to obtain ...without success
  • Actually what you've been trying to do is force a member of the committee to act in isolation and depart from the message that could be agreed with the committee. Read Ooahmortimer's post.

I accept Grapevine's point of view, the legal constitution is key but the interests of the scheme are a little more complex than whether members are happy this week or not. I have no issue not being on the committee, but the challenge is clearly that we have two parties in entrenched positions. Changing the personnel doesn't change that and neither party will accept an imbalanced reconstitution. One side holds the sway in terms of funding decisions, but not in terms of the statement that can be issued. It is obviously a compromise.

I will go back to the chair with Grapevine's views, but his independence means he will seek consensus, which led us to the statement. It is not in the scheme's interests to set a date and firm criteria, that's our problem, but as the next funding decision was due in June and the statement says it won't be considered until later in the year members might want to consider when the most effective measure of the club's intentions re the Academy players will next occur.

To be frank I think everything that's been said makes the position of the fans' reps obvious, even if not explicitly stated in a statement with which the club had to agree. It's simply a question of whether you want to believe we're in the club's thrall or batting for the members.

All I'll say on that is a search for two people who would hold the club to account in the context of the scheme more firmly than we have been doing will be a long one.

Have a nice day.
  • Oh do come off it Rik...I haven't tried to FORCE you to do anything ... I asked a simple question as did others.

As I said, I'll now wait for the minutes before making my decision.
  • stonemuse said:

I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall even though we are on the same side.

Let me try and put it simply:

I do not want to leave Valley Gold

I have never wanted to leave Valley Gold

I do not want one penny of my money to go into the club whilst RD and KM are there.

I would like a categorical assurance of the fact that this will be the case.

I do not see why, as a member, I have to 'read between the lines'. Spell it out in Black and White.

Hopefully the minutes will give me the clarification I need.

100%.
  • Sponsored links:

• How dare you ask where your money might be going.....
    You are only a customer.......

etc, etc, wibble. ......
  • stonemuse said:

I feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall even though we are on the same side.

I dare so Rik feels the same. How many more times do you want him to explain how the statement had to be derived ?
    Do you really think you are asking a simple question or are you just pretending you think it is ?

• Pico said:

stonemuse said:

I dare so Rik feels the same. How many more times do you want him to explain how the statement had to be derived ?
    Do you really think you are asking a simple question or are you just pretending you think it is ?

Pico said:

stonemuse said:

Pico, if it was just me then fair enough. But it's not just me is it!

And if you think I am doing this just to get a rise then you can just piss off ...that is a genuinely offensive remark.

There's no point obviously.

I have already stated my decision will be made when I read the minutes.
  • Pico, if it was just me then fair enough. But it's not just me is it!

And if you think I am doing this just to get a rise then you can just piss off ...that is a genuinely offensive remark.

There's no point obviously.

I have already stated my decision will be made when I read the minutes.
  • Wow. Just wow.
  • Stonemuse - Sorry but I just don't understand how you can think you are asking a simple question when Rik and others (eg OoahMortimer) have clearly explained the complexities of the situation.

• Anybody seen the minutes of the meeting yet? or perhaps KM cannot be found to approve them.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Anybody seen the minutes of the meeting yet? or perhaps KM cannot be found to approve them.

Not yet
  • just received
  • stonemuse said:

just received

Get your minutes out for the lads
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Jarman said:

stonemuse said:

just received

Unfortunately the minutes contain no more information than the statement ... therefore I am unable to 'read between the lines'.
  • stonemuse said:

Jarman said:

stonemuse said:

just received

Unfortunately the minutes contain no more information than the statement ... therefore I am unable to 'read between the lines'.
    Not the answer certain members were looking for then?
  • "Members unsettlement and the future of Charlton Club

The Committee discussed the members concerns over comments made by KM at a conference in Dublin.
    A statement is to be made to clarify how VG works, the club’s proposition and the funding of the Academy.
    Statement to go on the VG website and sent to all members with the next mail out."

There is nothing else about withholding or delaying payments and no record of any agreed action or deadline relating to delaying payment
  • Only way to stop them getting your money is it seems to withdraw from valley gold.
  • That was worth the wait.
  • kentred2 said:

Only way to stop them getting your money is it seems to withdraw from valley gold.

• When supporters concerns of KM's comments in Dublin were raised, please can you explain her initial reaction.

Was there an apology or an explanation that the words had been taken out of context? Did she even care that supporters were unhappy about it?
  • stonemuse said:

The truth is out there ...unfortunately it isn't deemed necessary that we be informed of the details behind the minutes.

Too many people are taking the piss at the moment ...this is the briefest precis I have ever seen ...minutes are meant to be precise and a detailed record of the discussions that led to a recommendation and subsequently to the released statement.

Very poor show.

I share Stonemuse's (and others) frustration here, the situation is ridiculous. If the reps on Valley Gold feel that they can't give a definitive, clear statement on whether a payment will be made in June or not they should hold another meeting quickly with this issue being the sole agenda item. Then get back to all VG members to confirm June payment or otherwise.