Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football for a Fiver

As briefly mentioned on another thread... Apparently Football for a Fiver is back for the Reading Match on Saturday 27th February 2016.

Surely its going to be the best day to get any large scale protests going etc.?

(Feel free to turn this into a Members Only thread for obvious reasons)

Comments

• Options
    Good shout FA!!
  • Options
    I was also thinking hijack the trending attempt on twitter when they try it #footballforafiveryouarehavingalaugh or #rolandoutforafiver,

I am sure someone can come up with something better, but this could be a big chance for us to really make a stand
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Strange choice as Reading would have generated a lot of ticket revenue, which makes it impossible to stack up financially. Either they don't care about the cost or they are financially illiterate. I tend to the latter. They don't seem capable of constructing or understanding a simple business case.

They do have an option to charge Reading a higher price, but that would cause all sorts of issues.
  • Options
    surely a game against say blackburn or mk dons would serve better as football for a fiver. reading will likely sell out anyway.

clueless
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Strange choice as Reading would have generated a lot of ticket revenue, which makes it impossible to stack up financially. Either they don't care about the cost or they are financially illiterate. I tend to the latter.

Other possibilities.
    1) They care about the community and want to allow as many people in as possible to experience top-class football in a warm and friendly atmosphere
    2) They want to boost the average attendance figure as that weekend is when Roland's men are auditing
    3) They think that a large influx of casual supporters will drown out the protests as the day before it is announced that Valley favourite Les Reed is to replace interim interim manager Guy Luzon as the new head coach

• Options
    edited January 2016
    mogodon said:

Strange choice as Reading would have generated a lot of ticket revenue, which makes it impossible to stack up financially. Either they don't care about the cost or they are financially illiterate. I tend to the latter.

Other possibilities.
    1) They care about the community and want to allow as many people in as possible to experience top-class football in a warm and friendly atmosphere
    2) They want to boost the average attendance figure as that weekend is when Roland's men are auditing
    3) They think that a large influx of casual supporters will drown out the protests as the day before it is announced that Valley favourite Les Reed is to replace interim interim manager Guy Luzon as the new head coach

Or maybe RD is expected in the crowd ground, for some reason.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how many attend this match as they normally attract 25k+ gates.

This could be a great opportunity to strike and embarrass the club greatly
  • Options

in my opinion the Reading game would be the one to boycott

Katrien will be expecting 25k plus so would be a kick in the teeth to see a small crowd

Nah too many people are going to take up the £5 offer...

The people that'll end up coming will just replace those who dont... i.e. the home areas are usually 12 / 13k at the moment
  • Options
    I'm due to leave London two days before!!!!! Ugh. May look at extending the trip then...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As briefly mentioned on another thread... Apparently Football for a Fiver is back for the Reading Match on Saturday 27th February 2016.

Surely its going to be the best day to get any large scale protests going etc.?

(Feel free to turn this into a Members Only thread for obvious reasons)

Very good shout.

I'll happily go to that one.
    (Club won't make anything extra really out of our £5's it'll just reduce the losses on that day)
  • Options

Maybe they should set up a business development group involving fans with a background in marketing and business development to point out obvious things like which game to pick for football for a fiver.

They won't do that because "They know best" and any useful idea will get lost in all of the "Time wasters offering investment" pile
  • Options

surely a game against say blackburn or mk dons would serve better as football for a fiver. reading will likely sell out anyway.

clueless

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
  • Options

clueless

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31882515

Last year's match had a crowd of 15007 with 953 away fans, so hardly a sell out
  • Options
    six nations is on that day so would rather go for a few and watch that.
  • Options
    do you get a free black and white scarf with the £5 ticket?
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Other possibilities.

4) After rationing the chips all season they have a load they need to get rid of.
  • Options

in my opinion the Reading game would be the one to boycott

Katrien will be expecting 25k plus so would be a kick in the teeth to see a small crowd

In theory a good idea, but I reckon the once a year merchants will attend so making a boycott pointless.

I reckon we should go with the Blackburn game.
  • Options
    Do you need to pay for a 1-year old to have a ticket at Charlton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Officially, yes
  • Options

Officially, yes

FFS!!... Seriously?
  • Options
    You do have to pay had this with my 1 year old daughter last year.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    2. How many tickets?

North Lower Block A-F (Adult)

£5.00

North Lower Block A-F (Over 65)

£5.00

North Lower Block A-F (Under 11)

£5.00

North Lower Block A-F (Under 18)

£5.00

North Lower Block A-F (Under 21)

£5.00

Madness.
  • Options
    Mate has bought a few and asked me along. I have not watched Charlton play in the flesh for three years. I want to go but am only looking forward to the protest outside of the West Stand afterwards. I am sure the footballing ambition on the pitch will be poor, stunted and as disapointing as it was in 2013 when i last rocked up. But i love the place and the hair will stand up on the back of my neck when we run out to the RRR...
  • Options
    I can imagine all those who will only come 'cos it's a fiver... they will probably not have a clue about what's been going on so just don't expect the guy sitting next to you - who you have never seen before - to "Stand up if you want them out" rings round The Valley!
  • Options
    The 15 quid saved can be spent on beer and food at half time.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I can imagine all those who will only come 'cos it's a fiver... they will probably not have a clue about what's been going on so just don't expect the guy sitting next to you - who you have never seen before - to "Stand up if you want them out" rings round The Valley!

The Reading match could be a fantastic CARD recruitment opportunity.