Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Zac Clough to Bristol City?:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35283508
Bristol City manager Steve Cotterill has confirmed the Robins have had a £2m bid for Zach Clough accepted by Bolton.
While Bolton are clearly desperately trying to raise cash, that would be a big buy for City, one of our direct relegation rivals

Comments

• Is he even any good?
  • Missed a glorious chance against us at the Valley... not worth £2m

Bristol City are panic buying with this transfer, they tried bringing in a big name from the Championship in the Summer (remember they had a bid accepted for Andre Gray) that failed a few times so they're trying again
  • They should pick Waggy
  • Nicholas said:

Is he even any good?

He's a very promising youngster, it would be like us selling Lookman to Bristol City though, a strange move for the player if he agrees to it
  • I think that's a steal personally, his touch is superb, perhaps a bit lightweight for the Prem/top 6 of Champ just yet.
  • I think that's a steal personally, his touch is superb, perhaps a bit lightweight for the Prem/top 6 of Champ just yet.

Agreed, a massive talent. We have not produced anything like him until Lookman came along. His touch and technique is very good for someone of his age and very little experience. Scored some goals for them too by all accounts but has had some injuries of late since he burst on the scene last season.
  • A great buy for Bristol City. Gutted when Zach was fit to play against us as he brings a nice bit of danger in the attack. Should help cement Bolton down the bottom.
  • A great buy for Bristol City. Gutted when Zach was fit to play against us as he brings a nice bit of danger in the attack. Should help cement Bolton down the bottom.

I'm more concerned about Brissle, 1 point and 1 place above us!

Unfortunately we really need to finish above Bristol City too so anything which strengthens them is a worry

I'm more concerned about Brissle, 1 point and 1 place above us!
    Agreed. And we got RoJo.
  • Sponsored links:

Unfortunately we really need to finish above Bristol City too so anything which strengthens them is a worry
    Agreed. To be fair, if Carol did sign him he'd only make him play in an eight man attack.
  • If I remember rightly, Bristol City paid a lot for a striker the season they were relegated to Division 1
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35308514

Interestingly Zak Clough turned down the move to Bristol. I can't blame him really, leaving the bottom team to go to the 3rd bottom team isn't much progress!
  • This keeps happening to Bristol City, they have cash to spend and keep missing out on players. Always get offers accepted and fall down on personal terms. Either they have a tight wage structure or are having difficulty selling Bristol to the players.

This happened with three strikers in the summer,
  • Thommo said:

This keeps happening to Bristol City, they have cash to spend and keep missing out on players. Always get offers accepted and fall down on personal terms. Either they have a tight wage structure or are having difficulty selling Bristol to the players.

Maybe no one wants to work with Steve Cotterill?
  • Thommo said:

This keeps happening to Bristol City, they have cash to spend and keep missing out on players. Always get offers accepted and fall down on personal terms. Either they have a tight wage structure or are having difficulty selling Bristol to the players.

In the summer it looked like they were adding one expensive striker to what might be a poor, relegation threatened squad. Now it's clear that's the case.

Also if Bolton go belly-up, Clough becomes a free agent and gets more in his pocket from a transfer.

Thought Bolton had a deadline by which they needed to raise millions? Guess either I was mistaken or the deadline moved.
  • Bolton have been served with a winding-up petition by HMRC, which is due to be heard on January 18. chances are they will pay some and it will be deferred but you never know.
  • Bristol are setting their sights to high. They need to aim for a Makionok or a Reza type as these kind of players are just as desperate as they are.
  • Doesn't surprise me that Zac Clough has turned them though, thought it would happen

They need to get into mid-table before they can consider him and Play-Offs before they can consider Andre Gray
  • Thommo said:

In a way it's a similar problem newly promoted clubs face in the PL. You look at Bournemouth's signings, virtually all have been from Championship clubs, as they're not attractive to established PL clubs.

I've been surprised that of the promoted L1 clubs, Preston have done the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• We need an attacking midfielder. Why not spend the Watt money on him? I mean, I know he's good, English and knows the division, but sometimes we just need to break our own rules
  • Bolton have been served with a winding-up petition by HMRC, which is due to be heard on January 18. chances are they will pay some and it will be deferred but you never know.

Sky mentioned they have to pay at least £15m on Monday
  • ross1 said:

Bolton have been served with a winding-up petition by HMRC, which is due to be heard on January 18. chances are they will pay some and it will be deferred but you never know.

Sky mentioned they have to pay at least £15m on Monday
    A fire sale of their best players would only generate a fraction of that sum, I guess the decision for them is to whether make a token part payment or not bother