Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Bowie - RIP

Comments

• Options
    @simonmatthews said

We've got more than enough on our plate at present, so hardly surprising that the demise of David Jones of Brixton and Bromley hasn't been commented on........

If he had an interest in football - and no one has suggested he had - it's more likely that he was a Palace man, nor did he play the Who Valley gig in 1974 or anything similar.

However, one Bowie memory that comes to mind for me is the home game against Oldham in October 1975 (we won 3-1) when Space Oddity was played as one of the half time requests, the music drifting around the huge old ground (there were all of about 8,000 of us there) at enormous volume and sounding all a bit surreal.

The other memory of that game is that Alan Groves had an outstanding match on the wing for Oldham. He died in a car crash a couple of years later at only 28.

Funny the things you remember.
  • Options
    RIP David.
    Died one year ago today.
    Probably the most incredible unique musical artist the world has known.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

RIP David.
    Died one year ago today.

Oooooooh........as successful and talented as he was, that's one hell of a sweeping statement El Presidente!
  • Options
    Could not agree more @The_President
  • Options

RIP David.
    Died one year ago today.

Mozart?
  • Options
    Mike Batt?
  • Options

Mike Batt?

For the younger Lifers:

• Options

RIP David.
    Died one year ago today.

He was ok, but he was no Rick Parfitt.
  • Options

Could not agree more @The_President

Well there's a surprise! LOL.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One year on and the shock of hearing the news comes flooding back. I think I'd like to spend the day listing to his music with joy this year rather than sadness.
    RIP David Bowie.
  • Options
    I was listening to "The Man Who Sold the World" in the car this morning with a smile and a tear, rather than just the tears of last year.
    RIP David
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The Bowie Roundabout....
  • Options
    Greenie said:

RIP David.
    Died one year ago today.

He was ok, but he was no Rick Parfitt.
    Those LOLs are a bit unfair - I'm pretty sure Greenie was being serious.
  • Options

Really looking forward to watching "Beside Bowie:The Mick Ronson Story"

For anyone else interested in this, it's on at 9.00 on Sky Arts tomorrow night.

Should be a good watch, I have seen some reviews of the program and all have been positive.
  • Options

Really looking forward to watching "Beside Bowie:The Mick Ronson Story"

For anyone else interested in this, it's on at 9.00 on Sky Arts tomorrow night.

It's a God-awful small affair.
  • Options
    I just watched the David Bowie documentary Finding Fame, about his early years.
    It's available on iplayer until early March, worth a watch for Bowie fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just watched the David Bowie documentary Finding Fame, about his early years.
    It's available on iplayer until early March, worth a watch for Bowie fans.

I saw it over the weekend - excellent documentary.
  • Options
    Was away at the weekend, haven't watched it yet. Aiming to sit and watch it tonight
  • Options
    I was listening to "The Man Who Sold the World" in the car this morning with a smile and a tear, rather than just the tears of last year. RIP David
    Oddly i was listening to this in the car today,forgot how good it is. I also like the kurt cobain cover but its annoying how many people think its a Nirvana song.
     RIP both
  • Options
    I was listening to "The Man Who Sold the World" in the car this morning with a smile and a tear, rather than just the tears of last year. RIP David
    Oddly i was listening to this in the car today,forgot how good it is. I also like the kurt cobain cover but its annoying how many people think its a Nirvana song.
     RIP both

Or Lulu's before that!
  • Options
    Never heard her version or even knew
  • Options
    It reached number 3 in the Charts in 1974. Bowie played sax and provided backing vocals on it.

• Options
    Seeing Holy Holy at London Palladium next week, band which includes Woody Woodmansey (Spiders drummer) and Tony Visconti along with Glenn Gregory (Heaven 17) on vocals. They are performing Man Who Sold the World and Ziggy Stardust albums in their entirety, saw them last year as well and they put on a fantastic show.
    Well worth seeing for any Bowie fans.
  • Options
    Thanks. Just listened to it
  • Options
    It reached number 3 in the Charts in 1974. Bowie played sax and provided backing vocals on it.

And provided the sassy lass with a good seeing to, according to the lady herself 
     ;) 
  • Options
    Watched the documentary last night, excellently put together and a real insight into his determination to make it from those around him at the time.