Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Bowie - RIP

Comments

• Options
    One of music's true legends, someone who influenced a generation.

RIP
  • Options
    how very sad, David Bowie undoubtedly contributed to the soundtrack of many of our lives and 69 is no age, a real shocker to wake up to this morning
  • Options
    Starman RIP
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Absolutely devastated by this news. One of the best. One of my very earliest musical memories. One of a kind.
  • Options
    musical genius and legend.

RIP
  • Options
    Blimey that's a shock! I wonder if they'll pull his ex wife out of CBB? They probably will.

RIP Bowie really sad :cry:
  • Options
    Another true legend gone Rip
  • Options
    RIP David
  • Options
    Shocking, RIP to a music legend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was a god - was enthusing about his new album yesterday - very sad
  • Options
    A genius, his musical and creative contribution to the world of popular music is up there with Lennon, the Stones and Elvis.
    We all new at was coming following the news of his illness, nevertheless today the world is a poorer place due to his passing, genuinely saddened.
    RIP Jonesy.
  • Options
    Arguably the most famous person to have come from Bromley. (H.G. Wells isn't that famous!). I'm in shock, there were recent rumours of a Labyrinth sequel. At the height of his fame in the 80s he picked up his nephew from Langley Boys, the mother's were so shocked that they froze.

R.I.P.
  • Options
    The greatest ever, that is so sad, such a loss.

RIP Starman

Gutted about this
  • Options
    Terrible news.

RIP Sir David
  • Options
    Top notch both as a writer and a performer. Very sad. RIP
  • Options

As Nick Robinson has just said, a giant, and a South London boy to boot.

Isn't there a quite new album out?

RIP.

He released Blackstar last week to coincide with his 69th birthday. Just watching a recording of Countdown (from Friday) and somewhat prophetically Nick spends the first five minutes talking about him.
  • Options
    Shocked to hear the news driving to work

RIP

Heroes

• Options
    So shocked. One of the absolute greats - he was a musical genius.

The loss of a brilliant man.
  • Options
    RIP defo 1 of the best, shaped so many people's music over the years .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just love that appearance on the OGWT,in his ziggy days........ and the American chat show where he sings 'Young Americans' live,
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Just reported on 5L...RIP one of my first singles was 'John I'm Only Dancing'.

Mine too,the first one was Hawkwind-Silver Machine.

RIP
  • Options
    Ashes to Ashes, RIP Starman.
  • Options
    One of my music heroes. Total legend RIP.
  • Options
    RIP a legend.
  • Options
    Really sad news. I genuinely refrain from posting in these RIP threads, but even though David Bowie was definitely part of my mums generation (she's a huge fan) I thought I'd post in here, as I always got the impression he was a pretty decent bloke.

I thought his little skit in Extras with Ricky Gervais was absolutely brilliant, and I've just gone on Spotify to see what his new album was like... I'm utterly stunned my how much he'd done during his career.

RIP
  • Options
    Absolute legend. RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad news - a true legend. RIP