Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seb Lewis

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Completed his 92 Grounds aswell back in Feb1994 at Grimsby v Charlton 1-0.
  • Options
    Seb must have done 70 plus away grounds with Charlton during his magnificent run. Premiership, Championship and league 1 and cups as well. Probably just the likes of Morcambe and a few other league 2 strugglers left for him.
  • Options

Still got a way to go to beat these two. It's an old article from 2014 so god knows what they're up to now.

Football fan Phil Beeton was attending his 2,000th consecutive Leeds United league match.

On Tuesday evening the 61-year-old, from Garforth, West Yorkshire, celebrated the milestone when he travelled to the other side of the country to watch his beloved team play AFC Bournemouth.

Mr Beeton's run began 29 years earlier.

"It was a game against Manchester City in March 1967 - it was round about the 18th of March, I think," he said.

"All those games at that time always seemed the same. It was the great Don Revie team and we just expected a win."

Over 48 seasons his dedication to Leeds United has outlived 20 managers there, not including the caretaker managers in between.

Between 1968 and 1992 Leeds won four league titles, as well as enjoying success in the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Ever since, however, the trophy cabinet has remained largely empty.

In 2004, just three years after reaching the Champions League semi-finals, the club was relegated to the Championship, where it has remained. Even worse, it then spent a spell in the third tier of English football between 2007 and 2010.

Despite the trials and tribulations, Mr Beeton remains committed.

"I love supporting Leeds as much as I did on day one," he says.

Mr Beeton's unwavering support has also been recognised by the Football League who named him Capital One Supporter Of The Year in January.

A fan of another club - Mark Goodwin - shares that dedication.

The 50-year-old Aston Villa fan has attended 1,568 consecutive domestic league and cup games since 1980.

Mark from Sutton Coldfield, has been supporting Aston Villa since 1972. The self-employed design engineer from Sutton Coldfield has even in the past flown home from a family holiday in Portugal to catch a plane to Iceland to watch his beloved club play.

He has also shelled out £400 for the number plate V111A MG.

But, he says, his devotion revolves around more than just a weekly dose of the beautiful game.

"It's not just the football, it's the whole day out - from a few drinks before the game to meeting the opposition fans," he says.

Not easy getting tickets for Leeds away games as they nearly always sell their full allocation,
    Am gonna guess he has sufficient points for first wave on sale....
  • Options

Leeds fan 2000 games in 29 years. Really?
    Just under 70 games a season for 29 years have they really played that many?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well done SEB
    Legend
    Remember a few years ago on a crap tues night at stadium mk
    SEB doing the worm was the highlight of the
    Evening so never ever knock the worm!
    And benson getting red carded
    A week before the league game at Dagenham!!hum
    Think that was the game?
  • Options

Leeds fan 2000 games in 29 years. Really?
    Just under 70 games a season for 29 years have they really played that many?

Dirty Leeds!
  • Options
    Swindon fan's 2000th consecutive game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46440793

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    Likes his trains and pin badges, doesn’t and has never lived near Swindon .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    I always wonder with things like this how true they actually are, in the last 2 thousand games he has never been really ill and skipped 1 or didnt fancy a long midweek journey, maybe I am to sceptical, but its impossible to prove unless you have evidence of u at every game haha
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    I always wonder with things like this how true they actually are, in the last 2 thousand games he has never been really ill and skipped 1 or didnt fancy a long midweek journey, maybe I am to sceptical, but its impossible to prove unless you have evidence of u at every game haha
    Quite agree, I think the geezer is bull*******g.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    At the same time, it is near impossible to prove that somebody is wrong/not telling the truth.

I don’t doubt for a minute that Seb has done 1,000 in a row for example.

There also is a way of knowing, if you purchase your tickets via the club. They will likely have it on record on their database. Though whether that stretches back to 1981 for the Swindon bloke I highly doubt.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    2000 consecutive games, incredible,well at least Seb knows what his next target is!
  • Options
    I wonder what the world record is for consecutive matches?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    At the same time, it is near impossible to prove that somebody is wrong/not telling the truth.

There also is a way of knowing, if you purchase your tickets via the club. They will likely have it on record on their database. Though whether that stretches back to 1981 for the Swindon bloke I highly doubt.
    Buying a ticket doesnt prove attendence tho, I have a ticket for AFC Wimbledon in The FA Cup from earlier this year.

But I woke up in the morning and couldnt be bothered going.

Also have a ticket for Stevenage, but the day of the game I couldnt afford travel.

So as far as the club are concerned I attended both, but I didnt
  • Options
    cafctom said:

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .

Buying a ticket doesn’t mean you attended the game.
  • Options

Still got a way to go to beat these two. It's an old article from 2014 so god knows what they're up to now.

Football fan Phil Beeton was attending his 2,000th consecutive Leeds United league match.

On Tuesday evening the 61-year-old, from Garforth, West Yorkshire, celebrated the milestone when he travelled to the other side of the country to watch his beloved team play AFC Bournemouth.

Mr Beeton's run began 29 years earlier.

"It was a game against Manchester City in March 1967 - it was round about the 18th of March, I think," he said.

"All those games at that time always seemed the same. It was the great Don Revie team and we just expected a win."

Over 48 seasons his dedication to Leeds United has outlived 20 managers there, not including the caretaker managers in between.

Between 1968 and 1992 Leeds won four league titles, as well as enjoying success in the FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and Inter-Cities Fairs Cup.

Ever since, however, the trophy cabinet has remained largely empty.

In 2004, just three years after reaching the Champions League semi-finals, the club was relegated to the Championship, where it has remained. Even worse, it then spent a spell in the third tier of English football between 2007 and 2010.

Despite the trials and tribulations, Mr Beeton remains committed.

"I love supporting Leeds as much as I did on day one," he says.

Mr Beeton's unwavering support has also been recognised by the Football League who named him Capital One Supporter Of The Year in January.

A fan of another club - Mark Goodwin - shares that dedication.

The 50-year-old Aston Villa fan has attended 1,568 consecutive domestic league and cup games since 1980.

Mark from Sutton Coldfield, has been supporting Aston Villa since 1972. The self-employed design engineer from Sutton Coldfield has even in the past flown home from a family holiday in Portugal to catch a plane to Iceland to watch his beloved club play.

He has also shelled out £400 for the number plate V111A MG.

But, he says, his devotion revolves around more than just a weekly dose of the beautiful game.

"It's not just the football, it's the whole day out - from a few drinks before the game to meeting the opposition fans," he says.

Not easy getting tickets for Leeds away games as they nearly always sell their full allocation,
    Despite being on sky every week.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    With the new scanned ticketing stuff I guess it is easier to prove attendances.

I have to say Seb's attendance is amazing and totally believable as he's been to every (about 30 very random) away games I've been to including pre season friendlies and cup games he's always been there.

I simply cannot believe that on AVERAGE this Leeds fan has attended 70 games per season or is this also including pre season and unders games?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

MrOneLung said:

What a legend .
    Surely you have to ask yourself why he'd bother lying? And if it wasn't true i'm sure someone would call him out on it, especially as the club must have at least a fairly recent record of it and they are doing match presentations for him.
    Let's face it, whenever Seb does his 2000th game is anyone on here going to doubt him? Nope.

But yes i do agree it's incredible that he's never been ill, couldn't be arsed etc for a single game in nearly 40 years.
  • Options
    I bet a lot of you regulars always look for Seb at the away games and would notice if not there.
    Am sure the Swindon lot do too. This fella, not Seb !!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Sebs been to more games in a row then there are fans in the stand behind him.

Looks that way don't it?
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

Sebs been to more games in a row then there are fans in the stand behind him.

Looks that way don't it?
    I wish I had this man's dedication.
  • Options
    I have a mate who is an Aston Villa fanatic and for the last god knows how many years he goes to every Villa home and away game and includes the reserves home and away, he told me the other day he is 24k in debt following this obsession.

Strange thing is he is a courier driver that works between London and Birmingham and does this every day Monday to Friday, but he is not allowed to leave the van anywhere, so he drives back to London and then drives back up the M40 for games on the same day, assume for evening matches. He does finish after lunch as he starts early in the morning, otherwise I am sure he couldn't do this.
  • Options

LouisMend said:
    I'm pretty sure that Richard Grove used to be known as "The Man in Black"

He was part of our away gang in the mid early to mid 80's. Also, in that group; Richard Birch, Steve Dixon and "Dowman"
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Am sure the Swindon lot do too.

"Your Swindon lot are little slugs...!"
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

LouisMend said:
    I'm pretty sure that Richard Grove used to be known as "The Man in Black"

He was part of our away gang in the mid early to mid 80's. Also, in that group; Richard Birch, Steve Dixon and "Dowman"
    Correct (Man in BLACK)

Happy days spent with him early 1990,s just loved Italy .