Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lookman rumours

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    But he would have to wait 18 months for a move or poor wages - so the agents bluff can be called. The point is - it is obvious we will sell for the right price. We need to play hardball with the release clause but offer a much better financial package and I'm sure Lookman will sign it if on the generous side wages wise. If he doesn't sign it, there looks to be competition for his future signing, so we could probably get a decent price for him in the summer anyway!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Let's not forget he did not come through our academy so we are not entitled to any compensation ..... if we let his contract run down

Is it not that we are still entitled to a fee even if he did not come through or academy as he has been with us from the age of under 18?
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Let's not forget he did not come through our academy so we are not entitled to any compensation ..... if we let his contract run down

We would be entitled just as Burnley were after Ings signed for Liverpool. He came through Bournemouth's academy.
  • Options
    Gumbo said:

colin1961 said:

Chat shit get banged Colin

He just needs to have been offered a contract betta than he is on now and be under 24
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    As I've said before I fear this is already settled and his "injury" is one of convenience.

I don't expect to see him in a Charlton shirt again.
  • Options
    Sadly he will probably go and I actually don't think that this is RD or KM's fault but much more so the inequitable distribution of money in football. We are now at a stage when a meaningless punt for a Premier League club represents essential income for clubs in the league below just to survive. For as long as this situation continues, we will not be the only club to fall foul of this, Premier League clubs will continue to hoover up talent from lower leagues before it's even established and randomly loan it back out to clubs again.

It does help highlight the flaws in RD's plan, though as I fundamentally disagree with his end game, I also don't care too much that his plan to achieve it has holes in it.
  • Options
    Our CEO will get a good deal. £250k upfront. The rest will be international related add on regarding England. But she secretly adopted him when he first signed knowing he will only ever play for Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    just maybe the arrival of Poyet might help as his experience of joining a PL club hasn't been exactly wonderful
    except for the salary
  • Options
    Jenkinson, Poyet, Gomez, now possibly Lookman. I never saw any of the play for Charlton. A few years ago players at least got a couple of seasons under their belt before being snapped up. I know it's not just us but it's so bloody annoying.

Rather than a loan-back I'd prefer to see a deal where he remains our player until the end of the season and then a new contract with Spurs or whoever kicks in, the reason being that I'm half-expecting a number of loan deals and with the number allowed to play at any one time it would be useful for Lookman to be one of our own for the rest of the season. I'd prefer him to stay longer, of course but the current regime probably won't permit that.

RD, KM, KF out!
  • Options

I think he'd prefer to go to a big club rather than Tottenham..........

Like palace
  • Options

I think he'd prefer to go to a big club rather than Tottenham..........

Like palace
    Blasphemer
  • Options
    TorTor
    edited January 2016
    If he goes does it matter how much we receive? I get the feeling 100,000 or 1,000,000 it will not be reinvested into the squad. KM has already told us at the start of the season the team is over budget so is it just to balance the books? Or will it end up being sent to other network clubs disguised as a transfer eg £2,000,000 for Nego etc etc
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

As I've said before I fear this is already settled and his "injury" is one of convenience.

I don't expect to see him in a Charlton shirt again.

See him walk to his car after the wolves game didn't look injured to me was walking fine
  • Options
    I think he genuinely had a hamstring pull - you could see it clearly.
  • Options
    Agent one to agent two.

'What you up to today then mate, still taking money off mug punters?'
    'Funny you should say that, I'm off down Charlton'
    'Are ya? Well that's like picking free money off the street then. Golf still on for Saturday?'
  • Options
    Oh we will never see that Poyet in a Charlton shirt again !! Oh wait...............................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pretty depressing stuff bringing through young players. 5 good games and there off to sit in the reserves of the top 6

Well we hardly brought him through, we only found him a year and a half ago. Indeed 6 months ago, how many of us had even heard of him?

Yeah you're right. Lets give him away. While we're at it, I hadn't heard of Gudmundsson a couple of years ago - let's flog him on the cheap too.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

The big plus is that Lookman himself as said he not interested in a move and wants to become better player with us ........ Now he just has to stand up to his agent

Yep keep going Col me old mucker ignore that everything you say is proved false by nearly every other poster.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Another agent owner trying to make a fast buck and not caring about his client the supporters

edited
    Hate to say it but he was right re Gomez. Even a broken clock, and all that...
  • Options
    Some good points on here. Ultimately we've always been a club that sell our most promising younger players to top flight clubs.

Now, it seems to happen within 12 months of them breaking through as opposed to the three or four seasons you used to get out of a talented youngster.

The question is, is this purely a Charlton thing or more of a wider phenomenon due to Premier League clubs snapping up anyone who shows a hint of promise as soon as they can to try and stop their rivals getting the talent as much as anything else - almost a sort of cluster bomb strategy
  • Options

Some good points on here. Ultimately we've always been a club that sell our most promising younger players to top flight clubs.

Now, it seems to happen within 12 months of them breaking through as opposed to the three or four seasons you used to get out of a talented youngster.

The question is, is this purely a Charlton thing or more of a wider phenomenon due to Premier League clubs snapping up anyone who shows a hint of promise as soon as they can to try and stop their rivals getting the talent as much as anything else - almost a sort of cluster bomb strategy

Everton have just completed a deal for a 17 year old from Bury who's played two games for the Shakers.
  • Options

Pah! That's nothing!

Next year Roland is hoping to sell the unborn children of pregnant women who have relatives who once played in the Woolwich and District league.

• Options
    Really hope it's a low fee so that Roland realises there's no money to be made in us.

If it was OUR club then I would hope for a big fee but there's really no point in this seeing as it would only encourage the twat even more.
  • Options

Everton have just completed a deal for a 17 year old from Bury who's played two games for the Shakers.
    Stones was 18 when they signed him from Barnsley, and Galloway was 18 when they signed him from MKD