Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Update and call for requests for funding

Comments

• Options
    if our organisers do sell things that include a profit will they be leaving themselves open to HMRC interest?
  • Options

My stickers left my coat near the end and can now be found stuck within the ground, hope the cleaners enjoy, will be interesting to see of its still there at the next game.

Loved the stickers. Would like to see them handed out again. As well as being stuck around the ground there are ideal for sticking in various places outside the ground too.
  • Options
    2% cycle jerseys. Given the success of the jerseys sold for the Upbeats I'm sure these would sell. And generate more money for the fund.
    Also what about caps or beanies.
  • Options
    I'd buy a few tshirts. Maybe just plain black ones with white text. Roland out #we want our charlton back. Straight to the point and would look good.

And would buy a few pin badges as well. I'm ready to part with my cash. Make it happen.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    or projection bombing.
    not sure of cost, logistics or legality but they certainly wont be able to take it down.
    imagine a montage of stigs finest works appearing on the valiant house tower block throughout the game.
  • Options
    iainment said:

2% cycle jerseys. Given the success of the jerseys sold for the Upbeats I'm sure these would sell. And generate more money for the fund.
    Also what about caps or beanies.

I'll happily buy a couple too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All sorts of issues with either collection buckets (need a permit from council or met police or both) and making a profit (taxable trade) also problem with expensive merchandise is that you could need to register for VAT if the turnover rather than profit goes above £82k in a year or you buy more than £82k of stuff in a year. Sounds like a lot but it's just over 4000x£20 so if there were say 1000 scarves at £20, 1000 t-shirts, you get the idea.

Not to say it can't be done and I'd be happy to work on setting something up if people were interested but it's a big step up in terms of time for someone in addition to Curbs and Davo to deal with this.

Would be worth it if we are in it for the long haul though as over the next year or so my son is going to have outgrown his Charlton kit and sending him to football in another teams kit isn't good. Sending him in Charlton protest kit would be fantastic.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Davo55 said:

TEL said:

Might be worth mentioning the money raised thus far to the press?

Other views would be welcome though.
    My financial situation means I can't contribute but I agree with y
    PaddyP17 said:

https://www.clothes2order.com/

Used this site to mock up a t-shirt. 500 large red ones would cost approximately £1173.

It says "WE WANT OUR CLUB BACK #ROLANDOUT"

With the following line layout:

WE WANT OUR
    CLUB BACK
    #ROLANDOUT

Definitely would be clear enough to see around and about. Obviously when it came to wearing them, the club has the right to refuse entry yada yada, but there we go.

If enough people think this is a good idea, then possibly a good idea to apportion some funding towards it. I have to say that I certainly don't have the financial capital to sort this myself (even though I presume should this be approved then the fund would be allocated accordingly, but it would require me invoicing in some way I guess), so... yeah.

That's an idea and one that's not too expensive per shirt.

I think selling them for a profit towards the protest fund would be a better idea if it's possible.
    £1173/500 works out at £2.35 per t shirt. I'd happily (among others I assume) pay £10 for one. Giving a £7.17 profit per shirt. Generates another £3585 towards the cause.
    With t-shirts we can wear them under a fleece or something so they are hidden as we enter the ground, then reveal them when we are in our seats. They can't throw thousands of us out. Great idea on profits too.
  • Options
    Latest update - things are hotting up.

Total donations now £6,641

Actual or committed spend now £3,223

Money now being spent faster than it is coming in - but we're not slowing down. As before, we will update you on what we spent money on in due course.

Please keep the money coming in folks. You can contribute by bank transfer to:

Brenda Smith
    Sort code 20-68-04
    Account number 50661678

Giving your CL user name as a reference. PM @Davo55 and @Curb_It too, so we can identify you as the donor and acknowledge.

Those wishing to use PayPal should PM @Curb_It for details.

Thanks to everyone who has donated so far, some of whom have given twice. You are all brilliant.
  • Options
    Quite a few of you now donating for a second time. Very generous.

£6,832 currently donated.
  • Options
    Okay so after totting up this morning, we are 98 pounds short of £7,000 in donations.

Can anyone help get us over that figure. Lot of money going out, need a bit more coming in.

I thank you.

• Options
    What's the total at now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We will aim to do an update tomorrow that will cover donations and spend.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Another idea for a banner protest - how about a large set for either the North lower or covered end?
    Have 3 or 4 large banners that take up the length of the stand - each one having 'random' letters on them (for the sakes of getting them in the ground) but when they are all on show they match up and spell "Roland out" or "duchatelet out" ?

Could get each block to hold above their heads for a certain time and before and after the game (think killer hales che guevara flag)

G block hold : R
    H hold : O
    J & k hold : LA
    OUT

M hold : N
    N hold : D

Would be large scale and easy to see/read
  • Options
    I think more beer mats to be handed out at ground and mass frisbee throwing a lot must land on pitch and cause disruption
  • Options
    We have banners permanently at the back of the Cupboard End. Why not hang one of the new banners there during the match?
  • Options
    Wouldnt really be seen behind the standing crowd
  • Options
    @Robbo on the wing

Tony

Many thanks for the kind words. We have a fight on our hands but I think that the regime have started to understand that Charlton fans aren't going to just let them ruin our club without a major struggle.

There's just a couple of us managing the protest fund, effectively in our spare time, so we can't really get into ring-fencing particular donations for particular activities - but just to say that, although I obviously can't give any details or promises, more billboard advertising is a serious option and any donations will be very welcome.

Alan
  • Options
    We have some fabulously generous fans you know. Another 374 quid added since the total given on Monday.

So I make it £8762 donated so far.