Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Valley Gold Members meeting - Action required from Valley Gold members

Apologies for starting another thread but this is to ask VG member to back the call for a meeting.

I have today emailed Sharron Sherress the following.

The Valley Gold site doesn't give emails for the five committee members so I was unable to inform them.

I politely request that all current members do the same adding their own names and membership numbers.

I also ask people to pass this on to other members who may not see it here.

Thank you.

Dear Sharon,

As a Valley Gold member I wish to call a members meeting.

For reference I quote the articles of the club below

GENERAL MEETINGS

(a) Meetings of Members Convened by the Management Committee: The Management Committee shall have the power (but shall not be obliged to do so) to call a meeting of the Members at any time on 30 days’ notice to discuss such business as it deems necessary. Notice shall be in writing to each Member’s last notified address.

(b) Meetings of Members Convened by Members: Any group of Members representing not less than 10% in number of the then-current Members shall have the power (but shall not be obliged) to call a meeting of the Members at any time on 30 days’ notice to discuss such business as they deem necessary. Notice shall be in writing to each Member’s last notified address.

(c) Chair: The Chair shall preside at any such meeting of Members or in the Chair’s absence, an Officer.

My proposed agenda for the meeting is:

Item 1: That Charlton Club (Valley Gold) immediately cease making payments to Charlton Athletic Football Club in any form and that funds raised are held in account until such time as the members of Valley Gold see fit to resume payments to Charlton Athletic Football Club.

Item 2: That Valley Gold members have no confidence in Katrien Meire and David Joyes’s contribution to the running of Charlton Club (Valley Gold).

I await your reply.

Ben Hayes
Membership number 3113

Comments

• Done, membership number 3600
  • Done - membership 1700
  • What's her email address?
  • What's her email address?

You could try this Valleygold@cafc.co.uk
  • sharron.sherress@cafc.co.uk
  • edited January 2016
    Badger said:

What's her email address?

You could try this Valleygold@cafc.co.uk
    Have sent it to that address, thought they may have one that didn't belong to the football club.

• I have done this to both emails and sent the info to all my Charlton friends emails too asking them to spread the word and request the meeting. We have to get the word out there and fast.

Only trouble is now that we don't know how many people have requested the meeting. Pity that rikofold didn't offer to do this for us.
  • I have done this to both emails and sent the info to all my Charlton friends emails too asking them to spread the word and request the meeting. We have to get the word out there and fast.

Only trouble is now that we don't know how many people have requested the meeting. Pity that rikofold didn't offer to do this for us.

Keep track on here - anyone that sends the email, let us know.
  • Great idea. Done 971
  • @Henry Irving I'll email the committee Chair for you.

The motion of no-confidence would need committee ratification, and I'm duty bound to say to you again that Valley Gold would be nigh on impossible to run without the two senior operational decision makers at the table. I understand the sentiment, but this isn't the club and they make no decisions on donations themselves. If anything, it would make the individuals' lives easier.
  • Sponsored links:

• If it is going to be too much trouble to get this done, we will just leave.
  • rikofold said:

@Henry Irving I'll email the committee Chair for you.

The motion of no-confidence would need committee ratification, and I'm duty bound to say to you again that Valley Gold would be nigh on impossible to run without the two senior operational decision makers at the table. I understand the sentiment, but this isn't the club and they make no decisions on donations themselves. If anything, it would make the individuals' lives easier.

That is their choice

This is a members meeting and it is for the members to agree or disagree with the two agenda items not the committee.
  • rikofold said:

That is their choice

This is a members meeting and it is for the members to agree or disagree with the two agenda items not the committee.
    If all goes to plan, those two decision makers will be out of the club.
  • done
  • rikofold said:

That is their choice

You seem to have forgotten we're on the same side.
  • edited January 2016
  • rikofold said:

Probably best to delete that as we are all on the same side. We all need to to take a breath.

Like I said before I don't want a row with you, really.
  • rikofold said:

Probably best to delete that as we are all on the same side. We all need to to take a breath.

Like I said before I don't want a row with you, really.
    That's why I deleted it. Peace out.
  • Done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Received the following reply from Sharron -

Thanks for your email; the committee are meeting on Monday 11th and this will be on the agenda.
    I will update you after this.

Many thanks

Sharron
  • Response already received:

Thanks for your email; the committee are meeting on Monday 11th and this will be on the agenda.
    I will update you after this.

Many thanks

Sharron
  • I suggest we see what the update is and take from there
  • Imagine getting back to work after a nice Xmas break to these emails
  • Well done Sharon for replying to all these emails.

None of us want to give her more work to do and I'll say again that the idea is to protect VG by encouraging members to remain members and not leave.

I'll also say that the committee have no right to veto or block a meeting called by members although they can call one themselves.

(a) Meetings of Members Convened by the Management Committee: The Management Committee shall have the power (but shall not be obliged to do so) to call a meeting of the Members at any time on 30 days’ notice to discuss such business as it deems necessary. Notice shall be in writing to each Member’s last notified address.

(b) Meetings of Members Convened by Members: Any group of Members representing not less than 10% in number of the then-current Members shall have the power (but shall not be obliged) to call a meeting of the Members at any time on 30 days’ notice to discuss such business as they deem necessary. Notice shall be in writing to each Member’s last notified address.

(c) Chair: The Chair shall preside at any such meeting of Members or in the Chair’s absence, an Officer.

• Done
  • Do we know current membership levels? As such, do we need to rally 10% of 1000, or 2000?
  • Well done Sharon for replying to all these emails.

None of us want to give her more work to do and I'll say again that the idea is to protect VG by encouraging members to remain members and not leave.

I'll also say that the committee have no right to veto or block a meeting called by members although they can call one themselves.

Quite right, and no-one's trying to block it Ben.

I'll say again, I think there's another way through Paul and I that would save the time and expense of a meeting. As Sharron says it's on the agenda, and it was before you started this thread. We understand the strength of feeling and what people are asking for.
  • I didn't say anyone was trying to block it, only that they can't.

Glad that you and Paul are on the case. The call to block payments from June only strengthens your hand as now they will be a consequence to KM not listening and acting.