Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VOTV: ex-directors ready to talk to Varney about debts

Comments

• I don't really understand this, but these guys are owed 2.5 million repayable on promotion. Could RD technically pay them off and nothing changes? Im no businessman as you may gather..... :(
  • edited December 2015
    More positive news. If Duchatelet is having any thoughts about offloading, it's almost on a plate for him. I just can't help but feel he is here for the longer term. Maybe all this news (if it gets to him of course) would give him something to consider. Clearly they are struggling and relegation to League One isn't going to help anybody. Would he take the money and run? Or is this experiment of his so important, that he will not mind losing a boat load of cash trying to prove something that just isn't possible?
  • He could settle that debt now if he wanted to, but why would you? As it stands its money he looks unlikely to ever need to shell out. Plus any investor may be happy to service that debt on the same terms.
  • He could settle that debt now if he wanted to, but why would you? As it stands its money he looks unlikely to ever need to shell out. Plus any investor may be happy to service that debt on the same terms.

Can this debt force his hand?
    If these guys want to talk on the strength on the debt are the choices, Talk or pay up?
  • Airman, you could at least warn us to fasten our seat belts.
  • Davo55 said:

What else you got up your sleeve @Airman Brown?

If the deal is already done and you're just keeping it quiet, toying with us, we will hunt you down... :smile:

Yes but we'll have to move quick don't forget he's got an airplane parked in his drive :wink:
  • I was under the impression it was "investment" as opposed to a takeover ....or has someone let something slip
  • It was stated yesterday that it was a full takeover.
  • edited December 2015
    If the 3 ex-directors wont get a penny back until the Premiership is reached, they can see that they wont get a penny for years if we go backwards. I guess they would have had a clause put in their contracts that should the club become worse off then any potential new investors will have to be invited for talks and will have to speak to those who are still waiting for their money. It would not be in their interests for us to be relegated and perhaps they can force RD to the table to talk. As @TCE says - Talk or pay up!!
  • Sponsored links:

• So the threat of relegation means nothing to him.

• It doesn't matter if he's in league one or the premier league. He probably sees the former directors as a group of suckers from the past. Not sure why Murray stays involved.
  • Whilst I understand your points, if he does have any misgivings, here is a legitimate opportunity for him to get out. Just seeing this news may well give him some food for thought.
  • edited December 2015
    Not sure its relevant (unfortunately) as they have (edit: nearly) zero power, and more recently influence having been turfed out of their free boxes recently
  • Isn't what they are saying more, 'we won't let our loans get in the way of a bid'. So as to encourage a new bidder by potentially taking debt away?
  • Maybe, they could veto a sale but why would they in this case
  • centurion said:

So the threat of relegation means nothing to him.

I know it seems a long time ago Now but wouldn't the price that Duchatelet paid for CAFC of been, 5 million less if we were relegated in his first season
    at the club ?
  • The price was a quid in League one according to Zoopla..
  • Maybe PV could purchase the debts and gain leverage.
  • Sponsored links:

• We enquired when I was on the TB and were told they couldn't be transferred, of course that may have been a polite no thanks, they are also limited in leverage, except during a sale
  • I suppose if they have talks and they are favourable, they become against the current owner. In all honesty, I'd offer them a quarter and they would be foolish not to accept as a quarter of a possible something is more than 100% of nothing. They must realise there is no way this crazy owner can take us to the Premiership.
  • centurion said:

Mr Duchatelet doesn't give a shit what division we are in. It's a business project for him, a vanity project even. He just doesn't understand football supporters. Katrien's restaurant interview in Dublin proved that. S

Well nobody in the history of football has ever benefited financially from relegation to L1, and making the club TWO divisions from the "pot of gold" that is the PL.
  • This is more pressure on the Puppet , that's all good.
    Although we are dealing with RDs ego there was a businessman instead him once. He might take the offer if they can get to sit down with him
  • and in league one your players are worth even less. It would be very damaging for the owner and I think he does know that, but he has got out of jail a couple of times and probably expects to do so again. But as they say. If you keep playing with fire, at some point you will bet burnt.
  • It was stated yesterday that it was a full takeover.

If what is proposed is a full takeover but RD is a reluctant seller, which it would seem he is, then it makes zero difference to RD that the ex-directors may be prepared to negotiate with the "buyer" what's due to them.
    It's only if RD wants to sell, some or all of his holding, that he needs their co-operation or could be incentivised by some give on their part (if that is what is being suggested).
  • Airman - bearing in mind a first meeting hasnt even been held yet (between Varney and the Cafc leadership team / owner), is it realistic to think that there is any chance of a takeover being concluded before the end of the transfer window?...as you mention the window being key to our survival and the reason why a more significant protest needs to take place at the forest game / now.

Surely even if Roland agreed to sell this week it would take longer than the end of Jan to carry out due dilligence on such a complex purchase (when you consider the debts owed to previous board members / valuation of the new training ground facilities etc).
  • Airman - bearing in mind a first meeting hasnt even been held yet (between Varney and the Cafc leadership team / owner), is it realistic to think that there is any chance of a takeover being concluded before the end of the transfer window?...as you mention the window being key to our survival and the reason why a more significant protest needs to take place at the forest game / now.

Surely even if Roland agreed to sell this week it would take longer than the end of Jan to carry out due dilligence on such a complex purchase (when you consider the debts owed to previous board members / valuation of the new training ground facilities etc).

That is a very good point about due diligence, unless that has already started by some miracle!!

Gets quicker if ex directors waive the debt though...
  • Much as I'd love PV to launch a takeover bid, is there not a feeling that, that ship has sailed, and bridges have been burnt?

Imo relegation to league one could set this club back 10 - 15 years and lose another generation of supporters.