Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Proposed Charlton Fans Protest Fund - Your views please

edited December 2015 in General Charlton
I'm looking for your views please - support, suggestions and constructive criticism.

Just yesterday, I posted that we needed to set up a "war chest" to help support the growing number of fans protests. Some requests for financial help have already been made for individual protest initiatives and several of us have contributed financially to these. However, my view is that the time is now right for a fighting fund to be established, the "war chest". This would be used to meet reasonable requests for financial support for all forms of fans protests against Duchatelet and Meire: leaflets, banners, flags, events, props - whatever, as long as it is legal.

Nothing to stop individuals seeking support for their own protest activities but the advantage of having a fund set up and ready to use is that money would be available virtually immediately.

In brief, the proposal is :

* to set up a Charlton Fans Protest Fund

* the fund would be administered jointly by Davo55 and Curb_It, who has agreed in principle to be my co-organiser if a fund is established.

* we would require a brief statement saying what form the protest will take, how much money is sought and what it will be used for. Using email rather than posting details on Charlton Life - for obvious reasons.

* all funding decisions, i.e whether to support and with how much, would be at our discretion taking into account the strength of the claim and the funds available. To be absolutely clear, people who donate would be putting their money and decision making on distribution into our hands, and while popular opinion would naturally be taken into consideration, those donating would not be able to determine how their contribution may or may not be used. There will be no specific decision making criteria beyond its legality.

* a record would be kept of all funds raised and how they were distributed. This, redacted to exclude personal information as necessary, would be available to all contributors at a later point.

* any money donated but not spent for whatever reason would go the Upbeats.

I would kick the fund off with £100 of my own, and I hope we could together make a real difference, and help to get our Charlton back.

What do you think Lifers?

Cheers

Alan

Comments

• Who is Alan? I'm not trying to be funny, but it would be useful to know who the three people involved are.
  • Uboat said:

Who is Alan? I'm not trying to be funny, but it would be useful to know who the three people involved are.

Sorry it wasn't clear. I am Alan, aka Davo55. Plus Curb_It. Just two of us.
  • Joking aside that's a cracking idea
  • Sounds great idea to me
  • I'm in.
  • Floated this idea a few weeks back and am in if you get it organised!
  • Uboat said:

Have either of you spent time in prison for fraud?

Not as yet touch wood. I've held a few 1000 pounds over the last 8 years on behalf of Lifers and not got in any trouble yet. So we should be ok.

The account I have is dormant and is only ever used for the shirt sponsorship. We still have approx 900 quid in there which is already allocated to the Upbeats as and when we have a project for them.

• Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Uboat said:

Not as yet touch wood. I've held a few 1000 pounds over the last 8 years on behalf of Lifers and not got in any trouble yet. So we should be ok.

The account I have is dormant and is only ever used for the shirt sponsorship. We still have approx 900 quid in there which is already allocated to the Upbeats as and when we have a project for them.

Cool. Let's do it then.
  • Uboat said:

They haven't caught me yet No :smile:
  • Curb_It said:

Uboat said:

Who is Alan? I'm not trying to be funny, but it would be useful to know who the three people involved are.

Curbishley.
    Funny enough (or not) I thought about calling it the Charlton United Reject Belgian's System

Could have been confusing though....
  • Please count me in. Is there any chance it could be a just giving type page where we can use a credit card rather than just pay pal? Would help me a lot as can't use my pay pal account and don't have internet banking.
  • Please count me in. Is there any chance it could be a just giving type page where we can use a credit card rather than just pay pal? Would help me a lot as can't use my pay pal account and don't have internet banking.

Thanks @HantsAddick The problem with Just Giving is that they take 5% of all donations as a fee. That put us off, to be honest.
  • Didn't know that, fair enough.
  • Hants if it goes ahead it can work just how we raise funds for the sponsorship. Cheques, online or Paypal. All payment details would be the same.

• Sounds good to me
  • Fine with me
  • I hope that as I have been collecting money from strangers for a fair few years now that you all trust me enough. It would all be the same details.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    Good idea, happy to contribute.
    Can i be the first to volunteer to lead a two week protest around belgium sampling beer against Roland
  • Selling scarfs online would be good, it helps spread the msg and gets funds trickling in
  • Count me in
  • Who are The Upbeats?

• Excellent - I'm in
  • I'll put money in chaps. Happy to
  • Count us in , please.
  • Sounds good