Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options

You remember Richard O'Sullivan as the cool 'Man about the house' living with two gorgeous girls.

Then a cruel reality check takes place when he pops up in today's papers, chatting to Meghan Markle, in the Royal Variety residential nursing and care home.

Looks like he’s enjoying the nursing home, bang on the gear.
    Thanks, I've just asked Mrs TCE to get me a change of clothes! ;)
  • Options
    Found myself watching Countryfile yesterday and thought that it was actually not bad 
  • Options
    Not sure if this qualifies me but I enjoy watching Gardeners World?
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Not sure if this qualifies me but I enjoy watching Gardeners World?
    Yup. You are firmly in.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You walk past a football without trying to flip it up to do keepy uppies.
    Glad to see I'm not old then

Brought my son a Football the other day, was doing some work in the garden yesterday afternoon and noticed the ball to the side so started kicking it against the wall trying to do some keepy uppies and seeing if I could beat my target of 2!!

The wait continues
  • Options
    When you're old is called getty uppy.
  • Options
    When the best chat up line your mate can come up with is - " have you got any spare fixadent ".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2019
    When the accuracy of guessing the age of someone under 45 is almost always way out
  • Options
    when you remember Steve Smith not getting a fifty against England.
  • Options
    When you go to the gym for the first time in a couple of months then ache like f**k for the next 3 days. I only did a bloody hour.
  • Options
    The candles cost more than the cake!
  • Options
    You drive to the Vets for an appointment and realise you forgot to bring your dog!
    The dog drives you to the doctors.
  • Options
    When you've just posted a song on the 'Today I'll be mostly listening to' thread, that came out in 1969.
  • Options
    When you buy blue pills from the chemist 😩
  • Options
    When your latent tendency to mix up peoples names has now extended to include the dog!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadou said:
    You start to calculate how many more seasons you are likely to see at The Valley.
    Getting old is one thing, but there is no need to depress yourself as well. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    You start to calculate how many more seasons you are likely to see at The Valley.
    Getting old is one thing, but there is no need to depress yourself as well. 
    Yep. Whilst I have done the same myself at times, it doesn't do to dwell.
    There's a Charlton Life to be lived ;)
  • Options
    iainment said:
    When you start to understand why people like gardening.
    When you're glad it's raining because it means you don't have to water the garden.
  • Options
    When you start liking cricket, when you start liking golf and when you follow through in the pub twice in 2 days. 

All recent things where I thought fucking hell i’m getting on a bit 
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    That follow on one isn’t a sign of getting old, you need to get yourself checked out fella!
  • Options
    When you read the title and think struth at those admission prices I’d rather watch on telly!
    😂😂

Big fan zone planned for Greenwich Park for 2020 Euros

• Options
    iainment said:
    When you start to understand why people like gardening.
    There's an old French saying:

If you want to be happy for a day, get a haircut

If you want to be happy for a year, get a wife

If you want to be happy for life, get a garden