Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    T_C_E said:

When you out walking your dogs and you notice your nieghbourhood has a "Yellow Bin" (clinical waste) collection day. :(

Old, or surrounded by heroin addicts?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

T_C_E said:

When you out walking your dogs and you notice your nieghbourhood has a "Yellow Bin" (clinical waste) collection day. :(

I think the mobility scooter parked by the front door sorts that one out. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

McBobbin said:

T_C_E said:

I think the mobility scooter parked by the front door sorts that one out. ;)
    You say mobility scooter, I say Numer 3 H door to door delivery vehicle. Smackscoot 3
  • Options

You can remember Cup Finals from the 1960s and list most (or even all) of the players, yet you can't remember who contested any of the last five Cup Finals.

Nobody knows who contested the last five cup finals because nobody cares anymore...
  • Options

When you are interviewed for a job you can clearly do, (as you are already doing something similar and have done for years), knowing at the end of the interview,as you’ve experienced years and years of this nonsense, you ain’t getting the job and in your heart of hearts you don’t really give a toss about it anyway because the job you already have is the job you craved for most of your working life.

If anyone from Wellcome HR is reading this, stick you’re well paid, mind stimulating rewarding job up your arse. Your loss not mine, my present employer will continue to have my undivided attention and loyalty until the next time you advertise a similar job.

They hardly have your undivided attention if you're out there interviewing elsewhere.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

When you are interviewed for a job you can clearly do, (as you are already doing something similar and have done for years), knowing at the end of the interview,as you’ve experienced years and years of this nonsense, you ain’t getting the job and in your heart of hearts you don’t really give a toss about it anyway because the job you already have is the job you craved for most of your working life.

If anyone from Wellcome HR is reading this, stick you’re well paid, mind stimulating rewarding job up your arse. Your loss not mine, my present employer will continue to have my undivided attention and loyalty until the next time you advertise a similar job.

They hardly have your undivided attention if you're out there interviewing elsewhere.
    Yer but no, they don’t know that
  • Options
    This'll make others feel worse as am only 35 in a few weeks but a kid made his debut for Fulham last night at the age of 15!!

He wasnt even born when I turned 20 for god sake
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you open link to a series of Twitter posts and you haven't got a fecking clue what you're reading.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    When you wonder why they have to keep replacing the Woolwich Ferry boats every five minutes.
  • Options

This'll make others feel worse as am only 35 in a few weeks but a kid made his debut for Fulham last night at the age of 15!!

He wasnt even born when I turned 20 for god sake

Nor were you when I was, so wind your neck in, sonny
  • Options
    Oh, actually ive just worked out i was 18.
    Senility is a terrible thing.
  • Options
    When you look forward to a chiropodist cutting your toenails.
  • Options
  • Options
    Mametz said:

We have recently moved to Wales and I contacted a utility company to supply our gas and electricity. One of the things they asked me was whether anyone in the property was a pensioner. I replied that I receive a workplace pension.

Yesterday I received a letter from them saying that they had listed me as a “vulnerable person” and I would receive priority to be reconnected in the event of a power cut.

Bless.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Mametz said:

We have recently moved to Wales and I contacted a utility company to supply our gas and electricity. One of the things they asked me was whether anyone in the property was a pensioner. I replied that I receive a workplace pension.

Yesterday I received a letter from them saying that they had listed me as a “vulnerable person” and I would receive priority to be reconnected in the event of a power cut.

Bless.
    As you’re older than me, god knows how they would classify you. They would probably try to flog you a funeral plan!
  • Options
    The age difference doesn't matter anymore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You stop fancying older women.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Redrobo said:

Mametz said:

Bless.
    As you’re older than me, god knows how they would classify you. They would probably try to flog you a funeral plan!
    ....and I will probably buy it!
  • Options
    It pops up on Facebook that REMs green album is 30 years old.
  • Options
    You remember Richard O'Sullivan as the cool 'Man about the house' living with two gorgeous girls.

Then a cruel reality check takes place when he pops up in today's papers, chatting to Meghan Markle, in the Royal Variety residential nursing and care home.
  • Options

You remember Richard O'Sullivan as the cool 'Man about the house' living with two gorgeous girls.

Then a cruel reality check takes place when he pops up in today's papers, chatting to Meghan Markle, in the Royal Variety residential nursing and care home.

Looks like he’s enjoying the nursing home, bang on the gear.
  • Options
    When your posting on the corbyn thread all day
  • Options
    When you think twice twice
  • Options

and then forget what it was anyway.
  • Options
    iainment said:

and then forget what it was anyway.
    Exactly !!!
    And also when you think twice two times...