Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Twenty years after she started working as a tv presenter, your first thoughts whenever you see Gabby Logan are - it's Terry Yorath's daughter!
  • You can remember the Festival of Britain in 1951.

I was taken as a nine year old and can remember being almost literally dragged there as it meant missing our home game against Manchester United. It seemed ridiculous at the time being taken to an exhibition when there was an important match at the Valley.

As a matter of interest - I just googled it - we lost 2-1 in front of a crowd of nearly 32,000.

I was taken as a nine year old and can remember being almost literally dragged there as it meant missing our home game against Manchester United. It seemed ridiculous at the time being taken to an exhibition when there was an important match at the Valley.

As a matter of interest - I just googled it - we lost 2-1 in front of a crowd of nearly 32,000.

@ElfsborgAddick was mascot that day at the age of 21.
  • When you hear that Mark Kinsella who you didn't think was that much older than you, has a 17 year old daughter who's just won a gold at the Commonwealth games.

Now I do ball boy duties.

Now I do ball boys duties.
    Easy Rolf

Now I do ball boys duties.
    Easy Rolf
    Give me back my original post and I'll remove the flag!
  • When you read the thread about the retro shirts and think that they’re not that old.
  • edited April 2018
    When Lindsay Buckingham quits Fleetwood Mac and is replaced by Neil Finn (Crowded House) and Mike Campbell (Heartbreakers)!
  • Sponsored links:

• When a schoolkid gets up and offers you a seat on the tram.
  • I toyed with putting this on the things that annoy you thread, but thought it was likely to be an age thing.

Sourcing what appears to be a really good film on Sky, Netflix or terrestrial TV only to discover after 5, 10 or 20 minutes you've already seen it! Even though I can't remember what happened I seldom continue to watch it.
  • You see Kylie nearing 50 and think how much she looks like Joanna Lumley.
  • Your GP wants to put you on statins because " you may have a cardio-vascular "event" within the next 10 years"
  • Your GP wants to put you on statins because " you may have a cardio-vascular "event" within the next 10 years"

You can’t be that old if he thinks you are going to live another 10 years...
  • You know you're getting old when 10 years doesn't seem like a long time!

Mmmmm, interesting, I got a call from my doctor in the week saying the results from my recent blood test are in and he wants to see me to discuss putting me on statins.

My BP is a little high and I take a daily pill to keep it under control but other than that I am as fit as a butchers dog.
  • Sponsored links:

Mmmmm, interesting, I got a call from my doctor in the week saying the results from my recent blood test are in and he wants to see me to discuss putting me on statins.

My BP is a little high and I take a daily pill to keep it under control but other than that I am as fit as a butchers dog.
    I presume it means that your cholesterol count is high, Mike?

I am in the same boat as you insofar as taking a daily tablet for blood pressure.
    Other than that I am in pretty good shape - weight normal, never smoked, drinking fairly moderate, good diet.
    My GP didn't even check my cholesterol!!!
    Apparently on the basis of blood pressure and age I rated at 18% on Q Scale (yeh, me neither).
    She told me that until recently NHS England recommended Statins if Qscore was over 20%, but now they have lowered to 10%.

I really don't want to go down the statins route and told her so, but I am now supposed to be "thinking it over"
  • ...you can't make it to the end of the Super Bowl.

Falcons definitely couldn't
  • When you've never heard of KSI or Logan Paul.
  • When you've never heard of KSI or Logan Paul.

Who?
  • edited August 2018
    ross1 said:

When you've never heard of KSI or Logan Paul.

Who?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45271254

KSI and Logan Paul, YouTube stars with 37 million subscribers between them, will take their beef into the boxing ring on Saturday for a fight billed as "the biggest event in internet history".
  • hairs grow on your knob not just around it ...