Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Co-Ordination of Proposed Fan Action

The Supporters' Trust is introducing a dedicated resource centre on our website to help co-ordinate effective but appropriate responses to supporters' concerns. This will be launched on our homepage from tomorrow morning (Thursday 31st December) and we invite organisers to submit details of their upcoming planned actions, their goals and their contact details for inclusion. Please email these details to secretary@castrust.org.

Read more here.

Comments

• Ut oh..
  • Is this being done so the trust can report back to the club?

Seems like it.
  • castrust said:

The Supporters' Trust is introducing a dedicated resource centre on our website to help co-ordinate effective but appropriate responses to supporters' concerns. This will be launched on our homepage from tomorrow morning (Thursday 31st December) and we invite organisers to submit details of their upcoming planned actions, their goals and their contact details for inclusion. Please email these details to secretary@castrust.org.

Read more here.

Great idea, there are numerous protest ideas (see the number of different threads for evidence of that) but if the Trust can play a role in co-ordinating that energy then the impact could be maximised.
  • edited December 2015
    se9addick said:

castrust said:

Read more here.

Great idea, there are numerous protest ideas (see the number of different threads for evidence of that) but if the Trust can play a role in co-ordinating that energy then the impact could be maximised.
    Agree with this and it also demonstrates that the Trust is doing something!

However, and I don't want this to sound negative, I'm uneasy with the words used in the OP - 'effective' and perhaps more importantly 'appropriate'. Does the Trust determine what is effective and/or appropriate and therefore only offer to coordinate those actions?

Would for example the Trust be prepared to consider coordinating the protest being planned for Saturday, instigated by Rick? The 'Spell it Out' campaign now switching to let's spell it out for you as in 'go now'? The call to support any possible takeover (if that's what it was) orchestrated by Reg? Removal of data from CAFC databases? Trying to understand what RM's position is on the debacle now unfolding at the Club? Season Ticket boycotts?

Would the Trust consider any/all of the above effective and appropriate?
  • edited December 2015
    lol lol lol

Cake and eat it?

But maybe a good first step
  • Are they here to help or are they just here to snitch
  • edited December 2015
    Let's give them(CAST) the benefit of the doubt for now surely. It's not exactly a secret society this website so the club will be well aware of what's planned for Saturday without the need for anyone to go all Bertie Smalls.

From reading here the past few days and going on the reports of the reaction v Wolves it appears that the fan base is pretty unified against these muppets and surely the Trust have realised that.

• Sponsored links:

• Well done and thanks to CAST for stepping up with a much-needed and measured response to the on-going situation.

This is a really good idea.
  • secretary@castrust.org not working from U.S.
  • This reads like scratching an itch with gloves on.

You've reached the itch but you're nowhere near the start of solving the problem.
  • If a co-ordination page is there to simply list stuff it is good.

It could have links to various articles
    It could have links to fund raising efforts either the scarf one or the Davo?Curb-it one
    It could list actions proposed (like for Saturday, is it in the ground or outside, is it both, what are the strongest suggestions for any walk out)
    It could (yeah nanny state) suggest that chants are not gratuitously offensive or profane, but aimed to reveal our feelings, and express our wants.
    ...and more.

There are a lot of good reasons why a degree of co-ordination should be initiated, if only as an exchange of information.

Well done the Trust board, if anybody is worried they are a fifth column for the club then they are in a minority.
    If the club wanted to know what's what, and who's who, they could easily do that with an hours effort.
  • Well done the Trust. Very good move.

I may not always agree with everything they decide to do or not do but they deserve our respect and trust (pardon the pun). They've got mine.
  • limeygent said:

secretary@castrust.org not working from U.S.

Unless anybody else is having trouble it should not matter where you are. I just tested it and it seems to work ok for me. You can instead mail the sec through here if you like ,he is Pico. Best not me as I'll be off line for much of the next day and a half

• Sounds like a good move. The thing that's lacking right now is a focal point. If this helps to address that then it must be a positive step.
  • bobmunro said:

se9addick said:

castrust said:

Read more here.

Agree with this and it also demonstrates that the Trust is doing something!

However, and I don't want this to sound negative, I'm uneasy with the words used in the OP - 'effective' and perhaps more importantly 'appropriate'. Does the Trust determine what is effective and/or appropriate and therefore only offer to coordinate those actions?

Would for example the Trust be prepared to consider coordinating the protest being planned for Saturday, instigated by Rick? The 'Spell it Out' campaign now switching to let's spell it out for you as in 'go now'? The call to support any possible takeover (if that's what it was) orchestrated by Reg? Removal of data from CAFC databases? Trying to understand what RM's position is on the debacle now unfolding at the Club? Season Ticket boycotts?

Would the Trust consider any/all of the above effective and appropriate?
    If someone suggests burning down the stands or physical violence, etc. it may not make the list. We do want to encourage the type of creative but effective action for which Charlton fans have long been famous, but we're not going to act as chief censor.

The hub is on our site already, and I've taken the liberty of posting the Spell It Out campaign from Henry's first post on the subject just so there's something there. I'll ask Ben/Joe directly to provide an update for that, and Rick to summarise his for the hub. It would make sense to post information regarding the fundraising too.

It may be that some campaigns will be listed a little more cryptically and link to a private area, where sensitive, but we're aiming for a 'single view' of proposed activities, not a 'view only what we want you to see'. :smile:
  • Tip-toe but a welcome one
  • Sponsored links:

• A very welcome act from the trust.
    Hopefully we can see a unity in fans working together.
    We certainly need to in this increasingly desperate situation.

• limeygent said:

Unless anybody else is having trouble it should not matter where you are. I just tested it and it seems to work ok for me. You can instead mail the sec through here if you like ,he is Pico. Best not me as I'll be off line for much of the next day and a half

Had to do secretary@www.castrust.org
  • edited December 2015
    limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Odd, were u on a corporate network?
  • razil said:

limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Odd, were u on a corporate network?
    Cable provider.
  • limeygent said:

limeygent said:

Had to do secretary....
    Many a businessman's excuse for being late home for dinner.
    Those were the days......
  • Trust say there's been no progress with communication. I thought the T20k group met before the Wolves game and that the trust were involved in that. Can we assume that meeting was cancelled or am I missing something?
  • jamescafc said:

Trust say there's been no progress with communication. I thought the T20k group met before the Wolves game and that the trust were involved in that. Can we assume that meeting was cancelled or am I missing something?

T20k has not been set up for the kind of strategic dialogue we seek ( and in the process get the answers we all seek) so the Trust isn't involved. I believe that it did go ahead.

• jamescafc said:

Trust say there's been no progress with communication. I thought the T20k group met before the Wolves game and that the trust were involved in that. Can we assume that meeting was cancelled or am I missing something?

T20k has not been set up for the kind of strategic dialogue we seek ( and in the process get the answers we all seek) so the Trust isn't involved. I believe that it did go ahead.

Boycott!