Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jordan Cousins is a Charlton hero

On hearing that Cousins played through illness and fainted at half time - I have nothing but admiration for him. Too much is being asked of him and it is detracting from his game, but the fact that he is still giving his all, and more deserves some recognition. Let's show him how much we appreciate him.

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2015
    He realises that he has to provide the workrate for 1 1/2 men, which he tries to do but that detracts from his game. It is based on endeavour but has quality too. At the moment, with the team-mates he has, he needs to be part of a three man midfield, then you will see the best of him as he can re-balance accordingly . He will go on to play in the Premiership - mark my words.

When Brighton beat us 1-0 at the Valley last season, in an overall dire performance, I saw in him glimpses of what a great player he could be. I focused on him for a bit. as the rest of the game didn't warrant it, and there is definitely something special there. He needs a manager who has the football knowledge and vision to see what some of us can see and build the side around him IMO.
  • Options
    Must have played almost every game for the past two seasons, a real lynchpin and a great player. Hope he recovers swiftly because we need him firing on all cylinders.
  • Options

He realises that he has to provide the workrate for 1 1/2 men, which he tries to do but that detracts from his game. It is based on endeavour but has quality too. At the moment, with the team-mates he has, he needs to be part of a three man midfield, then you will see the best of him as he can re-balance accordingly . He will go on to play in the Premiership - mark my words.

When Brighton beat us 1-0 at the Valley last season, in an overall dire performance, I saw in him glimpses of what a great player he could be. I focused on him for a bit. as the rest of the game didn't warrant it, and there is definitely something special there. He needs a manager who has the football knowledge and vision to see what some of us can see and build the side around him IMO.

Couldn't agree more, MuttleyCAFC. Jordan has been a constant in this team and always works his socks off. People seem to have forgotten his age and just how much he is giving week in week out. Poyet, someone his age, isn't playing every game like Cousins! I felt truly upset and sick in my stomach when I read that Jordan had fainted at half time through illness! What are we doing to our youngsters? How much mental and physical damage are they going to inflict on their prize possessions as they see them?
    Surely even the megalomaniac that is RD and the puppet that is KM can see that this is wrong.
    Oh no, they weren't at the game... and don't care! They will never understand the pride, love and attachment that we all feel for players like Jordan, Solly or JJ , CAFC through and through.
  • Options

Playing a man who is ill is just another sign of extremely poor management.

In particular it looks like a sign of two things:

1. The squad is so paper thin Fraeye has no choice but to play a man who is ill

2. Fraeye is so inept he has no idea of the health and fitness of his players

Not sure if it's one, the other or a combination of both.

Would be interested to know if the PFA have a take on the situation as surely making a player play when he is quite genuinely unwell goes against that player's rights.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was crap yesterday, however, based on what has emerged, he is excused ! (then again, 90 per cent of the others were crap too)
  • Options
    Cousins is a good lad so he gave it a go but he's not the first player to have played ill.
  • Options
    Legs have gone
  • Options
    His effort and commitment are never in doubt. His ability to pass or control the ball always will be. I think he'll end up playing in defence, which would suit his skill-set more
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    yes, unfortunately and if you ask him to put in a shift, he does what he can and more but it takes away from the other part of his game. JJ still has something to offer but needs to be used intelligently. If KF feels he has no choice due to the squad, it highlights the problems in player acquisition. If you are working to a tight budget, you need a far more balanced squad with one or two utility players. Cousins is also a utility player as he could do a job in other positions if called upon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great guy, all the heart in the world and 10000x more of a captain than than Solly, but at the moment he is a bang average midfielder who can't control a ball very well and misplaced a lot of passes. Has a great engine and will run into the ground for the team, and has a great shot on him that he needs to use more, tackling and tracking back he excels in though.

Don't get the mismanagement comments, Cousins played because he wanted to, and managers won't turn down the opportunity to play a first team regular
  • Options
    Leuth said:

His effort and commitment are never in doubt. His ability to pass or control the ball always will be. I think he'll end up playing in defence, which would suit his skill-set more

Isnt a bad shout... After seeing him at Right-Back against Hull I wonder if its worth playing him in Defence alongside Bauer whilst Diarra sits in Midfield with Jackson rather than the other way round.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    sam3110 said:

Great guy, all the heart in the world and 10000x more of a captain than than Solly, but at the moment he is a bang average midfielder who can't control a ball very well and misplaced a lot of passes. Has a great engine and will run into the ground for the team, and has a great shot on him that he needs to use more, tackling and tracking back he excels in though.

Don't get the mismanagement comments, Cousins played because he wanted to, and managers won't turn down the opportunity to play a first team regular

We beg to differ, if they care for the wellbeing of their players they do and take a longer term view on things, there again if you are an interim Manager you haven't got much time............well I can hope can't I? :smiley:
  • Options
    Either cousins is a legend for playing OR the manager is a tool for letting him... We can't have it both ways.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    shine166 said:

Either cousins is a legend for playing OR the manager is a tool for letting him... We can't have it both ways.

Of course you can. Some players would play whilst clearly not fit enough, and that is too their credit and the sort of player you want in your team, but you also shouldn't play them until they are fit enough.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I think JC has probably suffered more than most (supporters aside) with the 'management' changes.

Not sure what the deal was behind him playing yesterday. I would usually think it was down to him wanting to play. However, this isn't a usual club anymore, so it's all bit of a lottery.
  • Options
    Whatever you may or may not think of Jordan's ability, he is a whole hearted player who puts in a shift and always gives his all.

Yesterday he was very subdued in the first half, and in line with what apparently happened at half time, it's not a surprise, because he just didn't look right, to be fair he shouldn't have even been on the pitch if he'd not been well.