Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Former Charlton Director Jimmy Hill had died

Comments

• RIP. A true football man.
  • Met him at Sheffield United just after the famous announcement - he had a massive input into it, for which I cannot forgive. RIP.
  • edited December 2015
    RIP, a football legend for what he achieved for the game
  • Pedro45 said:

Met him at Sheffield United just after the famous announcement - he had a massive input into it, for which I cannot forgive. RIP.

I'm not sure now is the time for such comments
  • RIP Jimmy. A very influential and significant figure in British football.
  • Very sorry to hear this. R.I.P. Jimmy.
  • Every professional footballer playing this afternoon should give heartfelt thanks to Jimmy and all he did for players
  • A good football man. He was concerned more for the players and than the fans( good for him)
    He was a main advocate of CAFC leaving the Valley, he saw it as the practical thing to do. I spoke to him as he went into the ground for our last game at the Valley. I asked him if he would be so enthusiastic if it was Fulham he was moving- he did not answer.
    Jimmy Hill a good football man R.I.P.
  • RIP. A great friend of Derek Ufton.
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP to a real football man
  • RIP. A tough last few years for him health wise.
  • RIP. Met him a few times and always found him to be an impressive, honest and charming man. He was President of the PFA and played an influentual part when Johnny Haynes became the first professional footballer to be paid the enornous wage of £100 per week.
  • RIP Jimmy.

A decent, honest football man from a bygone age.
  • Watched him front MOTD for 3 decades, RIP Jimmy
  • Very sad news. He was part of football in my youth.
    RIP Jimmy
  • If I remember right, he was brought in to play by Man U just after the plane crash. I also remember him doing a great job for Coventry in the 60's. A real football man. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2015
    RIP Jimmy. As a teenager I avidly read his weekly magazine 'Jimmy Hill's Football Weekly'. I also met him once as I played against him in 1972 at Wealdstone FC. I was playing for the FA Staff against London Weekend Television Staff. He came up to me and complimented me on a fine shot from me that hit the bar from twenty yards. Goodbye Jimmy.
  • Driving force behind 3 points for a win. Campaigned for it for several years before it was introduced.

Also first English all seater at Coventry was down to him I think.
  • That great footballing partnership of Brian Moore and Jimmy Hill to be rejoined in the heavens ... RIP Jimmy
  • Rip jimmy a very kind man who I met a fair few times,

Spoke so much sense on those evenings about football and had a place in his heart for cafc
  • RIP

A football man who had an influence. Seemed to genuinely love the game, and sad to read of his deterioration in recent times. No real interest now in his involvement with us

Hope MOTD do a decent tribute.
  • RIP

A football man who had an influence. Seemed to genuinely love the game, and sad to read of his deterioration in recent times. No real interest now in his involvement with us

Hope MOTD do a decent tribute.

1.30pm tomorrow on BBC 5Live, an hour long special.
  • Very sad news, RIP Jimmy