Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Makienok

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

To be fair to him every time he gets even vaguely physical the ref gives a foul the other way.

Exactly the same as when we had Chris Iwelumo... So frustrating from Referees!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Huskaris said:

To be fair to him every time he gets even vaguely physical the ref gives a foul the other way.

I used to think the same with Chris Iwelumo. The refs constantly used to give fouls against him as well, when I could see nothing wrong.

Ha. I hadn't seen the above, when I posted, so it must be true !
  • Options
    Must just be one of those nights. As far as i'm aware he's not been starting in their league games so it's not as if he's been in great form
  • Options
    I'm sure this belongs in the jokes thread!
  • Options
    Has he shaved all his hair off? Always felt he put in a shift but the team werent a team set up to utilise his skills (or anyone elses).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not a fan of the stick but he was truly awful.

Agree with this. Stupid to boo him, but Christ, he was shite.
  • Options
    Maybe they did what we wernt able too. I. E put in some decent crosses.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    There's something I thought I'd never see in the flesh. Played really well tonight against a strong(ish) Bournemouth side, no Francis tonight @PragueAddick btw but he has been excellent whenever I've seen him for Bournemouth. Mak gave a real target man performance for PNE, caused their centre halfs problems throughout and put in a massive shift. Even did a bit of Tony Watt in the corner right at the end. Not a great game tbf but Preston were good for their win in the end.
  • Options
    Another confidence player we ruined. Thought he had the potential to be effective in the right set-up.
  • Options
    Can't stand him now. That late equaliser stopped me from winning £850.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simon all over SkySportsNews tonight.
    Charlton not featuring at all.
    He's the one laughing on the other side of his face!
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not surprising that two of his goals were headers.

The fact is, a large section of our support are dickheads who don't recognise what the problem actually is and instead they blame the player.

We were never set up in a way to get the best out of him. Gudmundsson on one side cutting in and no winger on the left, where were the crosses ever coming from? Not to mention the amount of hoofed balls up to him without any single Charlton player near him was embarrassing.

Add to the fact that others have said about players in the same situation or young and experienced players and coaches. We were doomed. And we all know who's fault that is.

They may actually use his strengths, stick crosses into the box and get players closer to him. By doing that, he's a good, effective player.

I wish him well and am happy to see him not only be the match winner, but score a hat trick against a Premier League side.

Your point about JBG is spot on.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not surprising that two of his goals were headers.

The fact is, a large section of our support are dickheads who don't recognise what the problem actually is and instead they blame the player.

We were never set up in a way to get the best out of him. Gudmundsson on one side cutting in and no winger on the left, where were the crosses ever coming from? Not to mention the amount of hoofed balls up to him without any single Charlton player near him was embarrassing.

Add to the fact that others have said about players in the same situation or young and experienced players and coaches. We were doomed. And we all know who's fault that is.

They may actually use his strengths, stick crosses into the box and get players closer to him. By doing that, he's a good, effective player.

I wish him well and am happy to see him not only be the match winner, but score a hat trick against a Premier League side.

Games like Ipswich at home when he didn't try at all did him no favours . I don't advocate booing our players and ironic cheering but without doubt he had about 3 good games for us ; 2 of them in August
  • Options
    Perhaps the other thing to bear in mind is that, like Igor, there were times when he was asked to play when carrying an injury.
  • Options

Simon all over SkySportsNews tonight.
    Charlton not featuring at all.
    He's the one laughing on the other side of his face!

- Hat-trick against a PL side
    - On SSN
    - gets to go home and score a hat-trick of his own with his actress wife:

But solace for us is we can belch on a forum about what a donkey he was for us. So needless to say we have the last laugh.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited September 2016
    Last season's team / squad weakness (apart from a pile of players, mistakenly picked from Thomas Drieson's stats model that didn't appear to take account of the fact that a pass rate in a European second division / reserve game does not equate with a pass rate in a competitive championship game) was a lack of wingers. Duchatelet did not want to put his hand in his pocket for Karl Henry or Bulot. Makienok needed decent wingers to create opportunities and that was seriously lacking in Charlton's team. Whilst not the best footballer in the world, the team set up didn't favour Makienok.
  • Options
    Big Mac was never my cup of tea, to many poor performances between good ones, but good luck to him.