Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Makienok

Comments

• I like him so A. As long as it's more or less for free.

Agree.

I'd probably play him at centre back for the rest of the season though.
  • A if we stay up, B if we go down.
  • It's like buying a people carrier but when you get inside it's about as spacious as an MG.
  • If we do go down I'd be very surprised if we're not mostly left with our Youth Strikers:

Kennedy .. Umerah .. Ahearne-Grant .. Pigott (?) could well be our choices next season!!.. Hell I'd even want to see what Polish Pete can do in League One but he's out of Contract this summer and cant see him being given a new deal
  • sam3110 said:

A if we stay up, B if we go down.

This. Mak will come good.

• If we do go down I'd be very surprised if we're not mostly left with our Youth Strikers:

Kennedy .. Umerah .. Ahearne-Grant .. Pigott (?) could well be our choices next season!!.. Hell I'd even want to see what Polish Pete can do in League One but he's out of Contract this summer and cant see him being given a new deal

Pretty sure Pete is contracted till 2018.
  • I like him as a player and I think he should be starting now, but I wouldn't sign him for next season. He is a handful but I prefer strikers to score goals and there are far better link up players then him
  • I really wanted Simon to succeed at SE7, but lets be honest along with the majority of the squad he really isn't good enough, and what we really need is 11 new players to come in with some bollox and bite.
    I say post him back.
  • colin1961 said:

We look a far better team with him in it then out of it ...but once again the strikers are being picked out when the problem is the service ..... We don't have a box to box attacking mid who can make things happen and being the wideman into the game

Behave Colin, not really a great yardstick is it, we look a better team with me and the fat bastard that sits in front of me in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Very useful player to have in a good team. Poor player in a bad team. He's only ever going to be as good as the service he receives, which ATM is next to zero.

His lack of movement doesn't help though, as he's so static, he's much easier to mark
  • I'd keep him, he'll batter people in League One.

You are correct

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70751/updated-squad-list-january-2016
  • colin1961 said:

We look a far better team with him in it then out of it ...but once again the strikers are being picked out when the problem is the service ..... We don't have a box to box attacking mid who can make things happen and being the wideman into the game

Spot on - absolutely no link between midfield and attack at the moment. Harriott looked like he might be that man for the first 10/15 mins on Saturday but obviously things took a bit of a turn after that.

People said that about him in the Championship though, and he hasn't.

I certainly wouldn't pay much money for him. In a piss poor team - one of the worst in recent memory - he has still been unable to hold down a place. And there's a reason for that.
  • edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

I had to do a double take of your name there. The end is nigh.

Only person he's ever battered was the ref the other week and that was by accident.
  • He is Armitage Shanks and deserves the ironic cheers, he plays as if he has lead lined diving boots on.

Some good news on here at last!
  • I was convinced it was A but unless things change it may have to be B.
  • Sponsored links:

• He has the right attitude so it's A for me.
  • I'm not sure he does have the right attitude. Along with the likes of JBG, Vaz Te & Reza, he just hasn't looked up for the fight in recent games. Went straight down the tunnel at the end of the Huddersfield game without as much as a nod to the supporters who had just spent time & money to witness that crock of absolute shite. He doesn't put himself about enough, or make a real nuscience of himself which is exactly what his game needs to be.

Can you imagine how effective he would be if he had the attitude/workrate/determination of Kermorgant, for example?
  • Not really no.

He seems to be Peter Crouch with less natural confidence.

Doesn't help he has had no support. But really he should be twatting people off the ball and making it his not trying for the perfect touch.

If I was Riga I'd take the whole squad on a paratrooper training course right now. Build some intelligent muscling.
  • If we stay up B.
    If we go down B.

Can we put Reza and Sarr on the same plane. A BOGOF offer. Not buy one get one free, just Bogof somewhere else because the three of you are rubbish?
  • A 6ft7 footballer should be capable of least one of the following:

- Bullying opposition defenders
    - Heading the ball

• To be fair to him every time he gets even vaguely physical the ref gives a foul the other way.
  • edited January 2016
    Huskaris said:

To be fair to him every time he gets even vaguely physical the ref gives a foul the other way.

Partly true, but I wish he had just a tiny bit of grit and nous when competing for the ball.

Over the years, countless big lumpy forwards have turned up at The Valley and bullied our centre-halves into submission. Flippin' Emile Heskey (37) gave a masterclass a few weeks ago.
  • I'm not sure he does have the right attitude. Along with the likes of JBG, Vaz Te & Reza, he just hasn't looked up for the fight in recent games. Went straight down the tunnel at the end of the Huddersfield game without as much as a nod to the supporters who had just spent time & money to witness that crock of absolute shite. He doesn't put himself about enough, or make a real nuscience of himself which is exactly what his game needs to be.

Can you imagine how effective he would be if he had the attitude/workrate/determination of Kermorgant, for example?

And his ability.
  • He's gotta unless he's a cheapo on the wages front .. for a man his size and the tattooed hard man look, he's a pussy cat .. started off quite well but is now a bit of a joke .. having written that .. 'prove me wrong Simon, get with the programme and start doing what you're paid to do, score some goals !!'