Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Makienok

Comments

• Options
    Whatever strengths he brings (and on the last few showings I see none) even his most ardent fans would struggle to justify him replacing Lookman and as a result having to moving Te.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    When it comes to Makienok there is a real naivety on CL and lack of footballing understanding. Quite simply, at this level, he truly is not good enough. It's the classic "he is 25ft tall scenario so therefore he must be good"! Of course, offering such a gangly frame he should be expected to win the odd header, but come on, he really isn't good enough at this level! The fact that so many jump on the 'we love big mac' bandwagon is a real worry and a true indication that many on here really don't understand the game..... Sorry
  • Options
    BLOG: Makienok will prove his worth, when he’s on his game he’s unplayable and still Charlton's best striker:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14154725.Stop_judging_him_on_one_game__Simon_Makienok_is_Charlton_s_best_striker/
  • Options
    edited December 2015

BLOG: Makienok will prove his worth, when he’s on his game he’s unplayable and still Charlton's best striker:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/14154725.Stop_judging_him_on_one_game__Simon_Makienok_is_Charlton_s_best_striker/

I was expecting to find some insight in that article but it's just someone saying "come on, he's good" over and over again.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    I agree that he should be given a break. I completely get why the fans are disgruntled generally but he seems to give his all to me (against Ipswich he may even have been guilty of trying too hard) and doesn't deserve to be made a scapegoat. He's already has some good games and great moments for us.
  • Options

"Best striker" is probably a bit of a ballsy shout, maybe not far off now we've shipped Watt off. But completely agree with the sentiment anyway - and he's shown in his better games that he can be a handful.
  • Options
    Much less than 500 fans jeering him. A small but noisy few.
  • Options
    We are deep in the brown stuff, abusing players like big mak, fox and pope is not the answer. The abusers have paid their entrance fee, so will feel entitled to their opinion.
    Here is mine, it is not going to make them play better though is it, the exact opposite will be for them to get rid of the ball as quick as possible.

• Options

I agree that he should be given a break. I completely get why the fans are disgruntled generally but he seems to give his all to me (against Ipswich he may even have been guilty of trying too hard) and doesn't deserve to be made a scapegoat. He's already has some good games and great moments for us.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Guy behind me jeered him throughout. When he scored I just heard him mutter "bollocks". He was back to jeering once Forest had kicked off
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

The idiots are just idiots not got a clue .... Was they booing him against Sheff Wed when he was MOM and scored one and created one no course not

What baffles me is that cousins and Jackson get away Scot free tonight who were far worse then Simon M as ever been

When I went to Barnsley for the 6-0 game I was cheering from the rooftops.

When we lost 3-0 to Preston this season I was going potty.

What baffles me is the toilet that you post on here.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Guy behind me jeered him throughout. When he scored I just heard him mutter "bollocks". He was back to jeering once Forest had kicked off
    Guessing that guy would be one of the moronic Facebook page commenters.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    He will have shockers against certain types of defenders, but given our current squad, he should always start when fit as he gives defenders something to worry about. Vas Te and Reza play in front of defenders and never go past them. Mackienok doesn't go past defenders but gives them a physical battle. KF has played teams recently where our whole forward line doesn't try to beat the defender or battle with them. When opponents work out how easy it is to defend against us, they push forwards and invariably get a goal or two. Worrying defenders is important and Mackienok does make them work for all his limitations. I think in a good side, he could be very effective by the way.
  • Options
    Cheered rather than jeered but ultimately shouldnt be playing
  • Options

Whatever the shortcomings I don't agree with jeering players it hardly motivates them and gives the clubs supporters a bad reputation with other players. In the case of big Mak I agree he can be a handful and does hold up play OK, is he a good player? Not really but he does offer a different option and generally tries hard (Ipswich game excepted where all the toys went out of the pram) would he be my forst choice? No but he is what we have so lets get behind him.

Nail on the head.
  • Options
    Some like him, some don't.
    The most important thing is how the booing & ironic cheering affects not just Simon but the team as a whole.

What does it say to the other 10 players when they see not only a fellow player, but probably a bloke who they see as a mate getting stick from fans who expect him to win every header, to never misplace a single pass, to chase defenders down despite being up top alone...even when he scored on Saturday that wasn't enough? surely that makes the other lads even more nervous to know they are up against (some) fans who are incredibly quick to slate a player.

Madness.

Next time the chant 'support the team but not the regime' goes up. Think about it.
  • Options
    I think the sarcastic waheys do more harm than good yes, however if that was me it would only incite me to work harder and do better, kind of the like the instances we've slated and old player, and what does he do? Well you know the rest (Defoe etc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not my favourite and he has limitations, but he puts in the effort and clearly has the ability even if it is shown in fits and starts. That said, we simply have to get behind the players more than ever for two reasons. One is they are the ones who can get us out of this mess, despite Fraeye. The other is that wholehearted support of the team allied to strong opposition to the owners/manager will really underline the issue within the club, both to the board and the wider media.
  • Options

I think the sarcastic waheys do more harm than good yes, however if that was me it would only incite me to work harder and do better, kind of the like the instances we've slated and old player, and what does he do? Well you know the rest (Defoe etc).

or lose your head ala Ipswich?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

or lose your head ala Ipswich?
    As I said, if that was me.
  • Options
    I know it's not important as we've got Makienok for the season but with half the season gone now but would you;

(A) Take up the option of buying Simon in the Summer
    (B) Send him back to Palermo with a thanks, but no thanks post-it note attached to his forehead?
  • Options

I know it's not important as we've got Makienok for the season but with half the season gone now but would you;

(B) Send him back to Palermo with a thanks, but no thanks post-it note attached to his forehead?

Send him back to Italy with a note saying we will be taking the issue up with the courts, as under the trade description act we were promised a striker?
  • Options
    Send him back - we need a new squad.
  • Options

It would have to be (B) especially as his wages will be unaffordable in Div 3. (But the post-it note would have to be on his chest, I couldn't reach his forehead without spraining something.)
  • Options
    I like him so A. As long as it's more or less for free.
  • Options

I like him so A. As long as it's more or less for free.

The only reason I would consider keeping him on would be if I considered that his struggles this season have solely been down to adapting to British football, but sadly I think there's more to it than that
  • Options

I'd send a note of sympathy that they paid 3 million Euro's on him