Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's worst ?

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
in your opinion for bringing the game into disrepute ?

a) Joey Barton baring his bum to a bunch of scousers who had been mercillessly taunting him all game

or

b) Zakora blatently cheating to win a penalty and ultimately the game.

Definately b in my opinion. If some fans can't see a bit of bum and not freak out they are very sad. Not as if he whipped his knob out is it. How can you streak at Wimbledon, baring all, and not even get a caution and yet Barton gets charged by the FA. In my opinion how is streaking any different to indecent exposure. It isn't. A man who flashes his bits by streaking at a major event is in effect a flasher but on a grander scale but seems to get away scot-free. Rant over.

Comments

• Options
    b without question.
  • Options
    definitely b, it is ruining the game when so many results are the result of cheating.

It is easy to stop. if the FA decided to bring perpetratiors to justice after the event through video evidence, the guilty could be given 3 match bans for blatant cheating. before long it would stop. I did read somewhere that they were trialling this in Italy, not sure if true.
  • Options
    Fully in agreement. The fa will claim their hands are tied by FIFA and they are unable to do anything about it.
  • Options
    b)

But it still annoys me that some footballers can not control their behaviour on or off the field. Particularly as they are meant to be role models. At the weekend, whilst walking the dog, I watched some kids playing football in Danson Park. They were playing the game exactly as they had seen it on TV - arguing with the refs every decision, pushing each other every time there was a tackle etc. I saw two yellow cards - a yellow card when I was playing at that age was unheard of.
  • Options
    Know what you mean 1905. Saw a kids match earlier this year that actually disgusted me when some of the things going on. Had to walk away.

Back to Barton, Evertonians do make me laugh. They are the worst in the country to give out the lib, yet as soon as they get something back they are the first to go to the police, flood the radio phone-ins etc.
  • Options
    It has to be b).

When I was a kid, I think only one of us ever got a yellow and he was disgraced by it - it just never happened. Although I will admit there were some reds for a bit of fisticuffs but it wasn't serious and these were few and far between. I am sure that is different somehow or am I just showing double standards?
  • Options
    when i was a kid, referees had books they could get out of their pockets and wave and leave everybody wondering whether the players name went in it or not, not coloured cards and you had refs like kirkpatrick, short, fat and bald, couldn't run, and always was a main talking point...mind you, in those days there were players like chopper harris and norman hunter and if the same rules as today were to apply they'd probably collect a red card before they'd even left the tunnel...still, funny how there were still a lot of skilfull players about even though the knee high sliding tackle was seen as de rigeur for any self respecting defender...
  • Options
    b), without question. Maybe Spurs should fine him themselves and set an example.