Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harry Lennon

Comments

• Who is making the decision's?
  • Wrong decision in my eyes, only ever good enough to be a 4th/5th choice
  • Think he just need a good manager/coach to improve his game before writing him off. Bowyer and JJ have already improved the defence since they took over. We're very good at writing players off in recent times and then they go off and perform elsewhere.
  • Think he just need a good manager/coach to improve his game before writing him off. Bowyer and JJ have already improved the defence since they took over. We're very good at writing players off in recent times and then they go off and perform elsewhere.

And has played at left back. If we are not getting JDS back, he's some sort of cover for Page.
  • We're in the third decision at least for another year, and he's a third division player.
  • I think he’s maybe championship sub/short term injury cover. Lost his way a bit but not as bad as people are making out here.
  • One less defender that we need to sign this summer and helps to keep some level of continuity within the squad which is what everyone has been asking for.
  • edited May 2018
    Probably on lowish wages, provides decent league one cover, young enough to still have a chance of further developing.

Personally the ideal would be that we get rid of Sarr and likely sell Konsa, use those funds and spare wages to bring in 2 more really decent guys to provide genuine competition to Pearce and Bauer, and Lennon is 5th choice and LB cover too.

As we have seen, both Pearce and Bauer pick up injuries so 5 CB’s is a decent number for us budget permitting and I am not aware of any at Youth level ready to step up.
  • On the other thread I bemoaned the loss of short term (1-2 month) loans with recall clauses, as what he desperately needs now is regular football to get back match fit. If he had been fit enough, it would have made sense to have loaned him out in January to a L2 side, and maybe brought in another RB on loan or a short term contract rather than using Konsa as RB cover.
  • Don't see a problem with keeping him on, you never know how he might improve in the next year under Bow/JJ (or whoever the fuck it will be) and i'd rather see us get even a small amount for him rather than have him leave for nothing after the time/effort spent on his development.

Nothing wrong with keeping him on as a rotation player for cup games and if he becomes surplus later on selling him on.
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

Who is making the decision's?

Harry Lennon by the looks of it!
  • sam3110 said:

Wrong decision in my eyes, only ever good enough to be a 4th/5th choice

But someone has to be 4th / 5th choice... thats our problem the last four years...

We've mainly gone with the approach of having the two that start and nobody to cover for injuries etc.
    not at CB we haven't. If Lennon is going to stay as 4th choice then I hope we get rid of Sarr. I would have preferred a new CB to compete with Pearce and Bauer, with Sarr as 4th and offloaded Lennon as IMO he is only ever going to be a mid table League 1 player and thought he would be better off somewhere like Gillingham or AFC
  • sam3110 said:

But someone has to be 4th / 5th choice... thats our problem the last four years...

We've mainly gone with the approach of having the two that start and nobody to cover for injuries etc.
    not at CB we haven't. If Lennon is going to stay as 4th choice then I hope we get rid of Sarr. I would have preferred a new CB to compete with Pearce and Bauer, with Sarr as 4th and offloaded Lennon as IMO he is only ever going to be a mid table League 1 player and thought he would be better off somewhere like Gillingham or AFC
    If we have a mid table league 1 player as our 4th choice in each position then we are doing very well imo...
  • Keeps his value if he's sold now.
  • sam3110 said:

If we have a mid table league 1 player as our 4th choice in each position then we are doing very well imo...
    true, but from what I have seen, Lennon isn't even there yet. I meant in the future he will be, I don't think he would get into many League 1 sides but him playing 4/5 games might not be the end of the world.

If we want to get out of this league, we cannot afford to have someone like Lennon playing anymore than the odd game.
  • Happy with that, still has time to get better, would probably do a job for most teams in the division and he's our 4/5th choice at centre back. What's not to like?
  • Provided this doesn't make a dent in the budget (if one even exists) then this is a decent move for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    seth plum said:

Lennon is a big powerful player. Meeting players like that playing against us has contributed to our failure. I can see why he is kept on, though goodness knows who at the club is making that kind of offer/decision.

And yet he got absolutely bullied consistently when he came into the first team. And our lack of strength isn't with Bauer, Pearce, or Sarr, plus we already have two left footed centerbacks.

Don't rate him as it stands. Only reason this makes sense is to try to get a fee for him. He could very well improve playing regularly in this league, but we will almost certainly not be providing that for him next season.
  • Had a couple of injuries so would like to see him get another year. He's one of our own and liked what I heard when Bowyer said he wanted to go to Rochdale with the team even though he was not in the squad. Congrats Harry.
  • The replies to our tweet are embarrassing and he’s obviously seen them. Dunno if I could be on social media as a pro.

• If Lennon was released, he would be snapped straight up by Gillingham, be their first choice CB and help to lead them to a comfortable mid table position.

We're in the same division. He's a great back up option for us at the very least.
  • The replies to our tweet are embarrassing and he’s obviously seen them. Dunno if I could be on social media as a pro.

Not on twitter but just read through some of those replies. Weird fans that post that shit !
  • dickplumb said:

Pedant alert:
    The decision's what?

Apologies Seth, I couldn't stop myself, and I should know better, being a fine exponent of the malapropism myself.
  • dickplumb said:

Bloody good question though. Surely not Duchatelet. We don't have a CEO (or do we? Perhaps they just haven't told us?)
    Not sure if we even have a manager now.
  • Good player and one of our own. Whats not to like?