Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Not sure who wrote that, but they can't watch Charlton or Cousins much. Described as a "playmaker" - really?
  • Options
    Cracking dog name choice
  • Options
    Still think he may come back. 
    I think that's the whole point of the interview. Praises the club, the fans and the manager in am an article mentioning that he's now a free agent. Bit like giving someone a "Super Like" on Tinder!

Didn't like the shop window comments though. Like Palace Hater says - even in this day and age, I don't think it's too much to ask that team success be the sole focus and motivator on a day like last Sunday.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

because getting yourself a new club is what the sole purpose of sunday was. 

actually annoyed me a little calling a player the night before to say you need to play well because you are in the biggest shop window, how about just playing well as you are a charlton player and that is who pays your wages
    This. That really bothers me it's not about shop window for players, it's about performing in a cup final for your team, fans & manager.

For this alone, I hope we go no where near him. Liked him during his time at CAFC because of his engine but gave him too much leeway because he was an academy boy and refused to accept he was not as good as what we claimed. Also, he thinks he is far better then what actually he is (Few of my son's friends are friends with him and they also say the same)

Very limited midfielder.
    Decent Fullback.
    Thats it.

• Options
    Think cousins would be great signings or him and us  bowyer would improve him and I thought he was good for before. 
  • Options
    likes nothing more than walking his French bulldog Louis in his spare time
    Typical, even proppa British bulldogs are being pushed out by foreign dogs. No doubt Jordan will say that they have better stick fetching technique, and that British bulldogs are overpriced, but can French bulldogs fetch sticks on a wet night in Stoke?
    Did he name his bulldog after Louis Mendez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

because getting yourself a new club is what the sole purpose of sunday was. 

actually annoyed me a little calling a player the night before to say you need to play well because you are in the biggest shop window, how about just playing well as you are a charlton player and that is who pays your wages
    This. That really bothers me it's not about shop window for players, it's about performing in a cup final for your team, fans & manager.

For this alone, I hope we go no where near him. Liked him during his time at CAFC because of his engine but gave him too much leeway because he was an academy boy and refused to accept he was not as good as what we claimed. Also, he thinks he is far better then what actually he is (Few of my son's friends are friends with him and they also say the same)

Very limited midfielder.
    Decent Fullback.
    Thats it.

This. Don’t want him at all.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Still think he may come back. 
    I think that's the whole point of the interview. Praises the club, the fans and the manager in am an article mentioning that he's now a free agent. Bit like giving someone a "Super Like" on Tinder!

Didn't like the shop window comments though. Like Palace Hater says - even in this day and age, I don't think it's too much to ask that team success be the sole focus and motivator on a day like last Sunday.

Yes, it is a bit wank, but that's how footballers think.  It's their job, and while well paid, not necessarily that secure.  A big cup final is like an actor's showreel to a footballer when they're up for free agency (otherwise known as unemployment).

• Options
    edited May 2019

If Patrick Bauer was looking for omens ahead of his match-winning moment at Wembley on Sunday, it came from an unlikely source on the eve of the game.

Former team-mate Jordan Cousins – a free agent after being released by QPR this summer – called to wish him luck and remind him that he was about to enter the biggest shop window of them all.

Cousins told the South London Press: “I spoke to Patrick the day before the game. Like me, there’s been speculation about his future and whether he’s going to stay at his club. I told him: ‘hey do well in this one tomorrow and it all opens up for you.’ We laughed about that, little realising just how right those words might be. It’s amazing how things turned out

does sound hilarious 

if he was thinking about coming back - ill pass better out there and he really isn't that good - hence why he is being let go by qpr who are hardly one of the top clubs in the championship

• Options
    A reasonable conversation for two out of contract players to have in my opinion.

I am interested in who these midfielders are that are both free and better though.
  • Options
    My qpr mate doesn't rate him at all. Said we're welcome to him. No thanks - no ball control or creativity. Don't want his return stifling Morgan or Maloney's development.
  • Options
    My qpr mate doesn't rate him at all. Said we're welcome to him. No thanks - no ball control or creativity. Don't want his return stifling Morgan or Maloney's development.
    Cousins wouldn't play in the same role as Morgan.

Bowyer evidently rates Morgan very highly. 

Albie will get plenty of opportunities .... but he's still a teenager and developing, and I doubt if Bowyer will overplay him.

I'm not sure about Maloney .... he still seems very lightweight but not doubting his ability.
    Not sure he'd play much this season in the Championship - maybe loaned out for experience?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a fan of his comment towards Bauer. Can see why that would wind people up.

He certainly isn't league1 like people are making out though. He had some tremendous performances for us in the champ and was our best midfielder by some way. I think people are forgetting how good his attitude was as well, I specifically remember him being played out of position on numerous occasions but still kept his head down and said he was happy just to play. He left cause we are/were a circus and we shouldn't forget how he performed for us despite all the uncertainty around the club.

If anyone can get him back on track it would be this club with Bowyer and Jacko. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him back here next season and think that would be a positive start to the signings 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Would have him back on a free all day long. We need bodies. 
  • Options
    Sounds like a come and get me plea to me.
  • Options
    Yep, I'd take him back as well. He was a good player for us, he's no Joe aribo but would defo get the job done
  • Options
    Yep, I'd take him back as well. He was a good player for us, he's no Joe aribo but would defo get the job done
    Not that sort of player. Decent in the air. Good tackler. Great engine.

Good at the base of a diamond.
  • Options
    Not that sort of player. Decent in the air. Good tackler. Great engine.

Good at the base of a diamond.
    I agree.

If his injuries have not decimated his mobility and stamina Cousins would be a very useful versatile addition to our squad. 

Pointless speculating though when owned by a headcase in Belgium who won't even sign up the management team that has just gained promotion!

• Options
    He's done eff all in the championship since he left us. If he was good enough for this league he wouldn't have been released.
  • Options
    Cousins, harriott and Holmes are all proven commodities in league one and all of them have not succeeded at this level.  That being said, given our budgetary issues, we need depth so while I wouldn’t sign them initially, I would continue to monitor in case there is a need eventually.