Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK: Charlton 0-3 Ipswich ***well done Ademola***

many thanks to 102 Lifers from far and wide for your marks, here are the scintillating stats and before you ask:

since 2012 the worst home performance was Evina with 3.00 against Birmingham in 13/14 and the worst away performance was Wilson with 2.58 at Watford in 14/15 season

/>imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• OTT as in too high. Or OTT as in too low?
  • Were these stats running the season Of Llera away at colchester?
  • Too high IMO
  • Is there a typo in the Sub column for Reza as he came on in the 73rd minute?
  • Ott marking for Makienok in my opinion

Quite comfortably our worst player on a dreadful day. I'd say it's about right.
  • Is there a typo in the Sub column for Reza as he came on in the 73rd minute?

thanks FA he was on for 21 minutes and I have corrected my original copy, why 21? well he actually came on in the 78th minute as the minute by minute details do not allow for the extra 5 minutes played in the 1st half and they start the 2nd half at 45 minutes.
  • Great stats as ever.

The OPTA stats are interesting, poor passing and aerial duels won, but bizarrely the best tackle % of the season at 60%!
  • Great stats as ever.

The OPTA stats are interesting, poor passing and aerial duels won, but bizarrely the best tackle % of the season at 60%!

I noticed that too. Other than the stats you quote - statistically we played better than against Sheffield Weds!!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Great stats as ever.

I noticed that too. Other than the stats you quote - statistically we played better than against Sheffield Weds!!
    36 "crossings" as well, the highest of the season, which does back up the fact that we had a lot of possession and attacks, but that they came to nothing as Mak won nothing in the air!
  • As I said in my post match comments, we played well in the middle third of the pitch winning the ball back quickly and getting into chance creating positions. Final ball and lack of desire in both boxes let us down on the day. We've played a lot worse than this and, without the general disenfranchised air about the fans and if we hadn't been on a really bad run recently this match, in isolation, this performance would be viewed a lot differently.
  • I make it that Watt averaged 4.94 for his last ten matches with his top score being the first of those games when he achieved 6.42.

Hardly the return of a player we should be desperate to keep. And that applies whether or not he proves to be a success at Cardiff in the short term.
  • cafc-west said:

Great stats as ever.

This shows stats only tell half the story - and why you cant base player purchases on stats alone.
  • I make it that Watt averaged 4.94 for his last ten matches with his top score being the first of those games when he achieved 6.42.

Hardly the return of a player we should be desperate to keep. And that applies whether or not he proves to be a success at Cardiff in the short term.

that really is using selective stats as you missed his matches against QPR, Derby and Forest where he had good marks for each game, so please if you are going to use stats then do it fairly, his actual averages are:
    Highest: 8.16 against QPR
    Average: 5.49

that really is using selective stats as you missed his matches against QPR, Derby and Forest where he had good marks for each game, so please if you are going to use stats then do it fairly, his actual averages are:
    Highest: 8.16 against QPR
    Average: 5.49
    Disagree - it is indicative of a player who has consistently during his footballing career hit a high at some point but, when the going gets tough, fails to perform. That's ten games on the trot where he not only failed to score but supplied just one assist. And in case we need reminding he is a forward.

And even if we do take all of his matches this season, he only just creeps in to out top 20 players. Hardly one to lose too much sleep over especially if he is one of our highest paid players.
  • So what you are saying is it was a mistake to bring him in in the first place?
  • LoOkOuT said:

So what you are saying is it was a mistake to bring him in in the first place?

I'm saying that it was a gamble that hasn't paid off. Hindsight in that respect is everything but, given that he has reverted to type, freeing wages is now the priority.

Whether it was an "accounting exercise" bringing him in or whether we are now going to use the outgoings saved (or have been already used on Vaz Te) are other issues that the owner can answer better than any of us.
  • Addicted - How do you happen to know the wage structure at the club?
  • Agree with @Addick Addict but do think it was worth bringing Watt in as he played his part in our good run last season. Certainly won't be losing sleep over his departure even if he does start off well at Cardiff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any manager who gets tony watt playing well over a 10 game stretch deserves a manager of the season award or at the very least a huge bonus given the increased enjoyment of the fans and the gate receipts that would bring.

No manager has managed to do that.

He can be a real delight to watch, one you can't miss more of, and recently for us he has been extremely irritating to watch but you keep hoping.

I'm sad I may not see the brilliance from him again for us that can light up a weekend. I'm not sad I won't see him lazy arse around and run himself into defenders while shouting at the rest of the team like it's their fault he hasn't made it through.

Can't blame our managers too much here because no one else has got him going but oh I wish we did have some one who did.
  • Addicted - How do you happen to know the wage structure at the club?

And with that it all went quiet.
  • Why would I know that?