Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aldgate East

My offices are moving from The City to Aldgate.. Hearing a lot of negative stuff about the area..

What's it actually like?

Comments

• Options
    What sort of negative stuff?
  • Options
    I would say Aldgate's on the edge of the city. It's always seemed ok to me.
  • Options
    Pretty much the same place.
  • Options
    Good galleries, excellent cuisine, hipster markets, everything a chap like you could desire, surely
  • Options
    It's not as if it's a million miles away is it..?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Feel like I'm downgrading from Gaucho steak to a McDonald's hamburger chap.
  • Options
    Brick Lane!!!
  • Options
    2 words, Tubby Isaacs
  • Options
    So what negative stuff have you heard ?
  • Options
    I have my popcorn primed and ready
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two chalets has an office there
  • Options

So what negative stuff have you heard ?

Bit of a dump etc..
  • Options
    Some cracking boozers in Minories. Abbey bar, Mary Janes and The Minories pub. I know that's closer to Aldgate, but Aldgate East is only a couple of minutes away.
  • Options
    Good bar called Apples and Pears. Good food places. Easy transport links.
  • Options

Some cracking boozers in Minories. Abbey bar, Mary Janes and The Minories pub. I know that's closer to Aldgate, but Aldgate East is only a couple of minutes away.

Regular in Abbey and Janes, excellent nights them. Chucked out by Janes bouncers on my birthday :(
  • Options
    iamdan said:

cafc999 said:

You're upgrading from endless fibreglass halls of dead-eyed yuppie banter to charming homemade hipster chic and a modicum of actual culture. Embrace it
  • Options
    What was the club called oppo 1 America Square in Crosswall? Used to be Dianes think, closed now I'd thought
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Regular in Abbey and Janes, excellent nights them. Chucked out by Janes bouncers on my birthday :(
    Lol. Were you standing under the glass floor looking upwards? :wink:
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Chucked out by Janes bouncers on my birthday :(
    Oo err.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What was the club called oppo 1 America Square in Crosswall? Used to be Dianes think, closed now I'd thought

Think it's a Revolution vodka bar now Rob.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

iamdan said:

cafc999 said:

You're upgrading from endless fibreglass halls of dead-eyed yuppie banter to charming homemade hipster chic and a modicum of actual culture. Embrace it
    Not for me Clive
  • Options
    The roads around Aldgate are an absolute cluster-f******g nightmare at the moment!!
    That is all.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

iamdan said:

cafc999 said:

endless fibreglass halls of dead-eyed yuppie banter to charming homemade hipster chic
    You're starting to sound like your alter-ego 'girlfriend' :-)
  • Options
    Was it called Revolution? I remember going into that club on me jacks after a Christmas work do, show's how pissed I was I thought it was called Dianes (She was probably the bird I was boring the legs off pretending to be a stockbroker or sumin) .....

Also Minories, knew a couple of the door staff (Stilks etc) so we'd have a good go in there on a Thurdsday night an all.

I prefered the city on a Thursday or Friday night than the West End on a Saturday meself
  • Options
    Anyway, new girl has started and has a cracking set, I'll get some pictures of the new lassplace in due course.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Anyway, new girl has started and has a cracking set, I'll get some pictures of the new lassplace in due course.

Her name ain't Diane is it?
  • Options
    I thought it was called Charlie's ?
  • Options

Was it called Revolution? I remember going into that club on me jacks after a Christmas work do, show's how pissed I was I thought it was called Dianes (She was probably the bird I was boring the legs off pretending to be a stockbroker or sumin) .....

Also Minories, knew a couple of the door staff (Stilks etc) so we'd have a good go in there on a Thurdsday night an all.

I prefered the city on a Thursday or Friday night than the West End on a Saturday meself

Preferred Minsters to Minories probably because once I saw someone take a dump between two fruit machine one Friday night in Minories.
  • Options
    Minories back in the day was impossible not to pull on a Friday and a great start to the weekend. Minsters always seemed a bit more posey. Charlie's and City Ale and WineHouse were the other late night ones and were ok.