Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Director of Football?
    Like the guy Southampton have. Some said he had no future in football after he got sacked at premiership club.
  • Interesting to hear Vaz Te was mentioned by scouts 6-7 months ago. Frustrating how slow we now are to react when we get injuries.
  • Interesting insight. Always had a lot of time for Damian
  • Great minds Damien!

From his interview '“It is common sense that experienced players make a big difference. Hendo is a wonderful character and a really positive influence in the changing room.But Jacko and Alou Diarra deserve special mention as well. They make a big difference - not just on the pitch but around the training ground as well.

From my post match views V Birmingham;

'it is nice to be out of the bottom three and see the team playing with spirit under the leadership of JJ well supported by senior pros Diarra and Hendo.'

Over to you Colin :wink:
  • Not listening and utilising experience in and around the club.

Fancy that, who would of thought any organisation could be so stupid.
  • Did we really sign Rob Hulse!?! Genuinely can't remember!!

Yup and missed a really easy chance away at Wolves too

Yeh he did alright! seem to remember Finchy giving him pelters for missing a sitter away at Wolves and I defended him saying he was more of a target man than prolific scorer these days :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

“They need a sporting director or a director of football, whatever title you want to give, to oversee the whole picture,” he said. “From academy to the first team, first team to the board - a forward, progressive person football-wise who can help Katrien [Meire, chief executive] to take the club to where it should be.
    “I also think they need to be someone Charlton orientated.”

The name is on the tip of my tongue...oh what was his name?

P'raps

Piss off with your suggestion that we get Dowie!!
    And Pardew is waiting for the England job.
  • brilliant interview.
  • It sounds like Damian is very politely pointing the finger at Luzon.

He intimates that Luzon could have strengthened the team & better used himself, Jacko & Diarra.

Sounds about right.
  • So much stuff between the lines & very, very predictable. My feeling has always been that Dyer & Matthews were largely responsible for steering the ship through the choppy waters after CP's dismissal - probably with the help of some of the senior pros at the time. Peeters - who knows, I never took to him and sounds like many were the same. Luzon was a joke from day one, he got a classic dead cat bounce after the dismal and bitter end to Peeters. All of Luzons success came in the space of about 4 weeks when we literally played every Saturday and Tuesday. Once had time ti impose himself on the club in terms of training, man management & tactics the whole thing inevitably imploded - he was hopeless.
  • 'Guy voiced that opinion'

Opinions? Under Duchatelet? You can't have those Guy mate.
  • Good luck Damian. Very nice guy and excellent coach. Charlton would be a better club with him there!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Top man. Looks like his input under Luzon especially wasn't invited.
    I imagine his sense of job security has been an issue for the last two years which can't have been easy.
    So many leave, so many express regret at the way things are run.
    Such a shame watching the dismantlement.