Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fao Henry Irving

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Why haven't you replied to any of the e-mails sent to you regarding the Stewards action with the "Duncan Frame RIP" flag.

I look forward to your comments.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2006
    I have replied to all the e-mails I have recieved. I took the matter up with the club and have requested more information from the one person who did e-mail and who posted my e-mail up on Charlton Loyal.

If you are referring to the other person I think you are then I never recieved his e-mails as I blocked his address after previous personally abusive messages on other message boards and e-mails where he would not even use his real name. Supporters' Director or not I don't have to put up with that If I choose not to.
  • Options
    I read Charltonloyal everyday and cannot remember any post that says you replied. Just to make sure I've just gone through every post since the incident was reported. Who posted your reply?
  • Options
    Does this Thread represent the First Charlton Life Row ?

Fight Fight Fight Fight

(Sorry just kiddin guys..?!)
  • Options
    I don't read Charlton Loyal but one of my replies at least was posted on that site which I have no problem with, in fact I was pleased about it.

I had another e-mail from the same person on 18 Sept and to which I replied on 20th September.
    I have reproduced it here below.

"D***,

I have spoken to the club and asked what had happened. None of stewards reported any incident with a flag which they should have done if they refused permission.

The policy is that as long as banners are not offensive, which this one clearly wasn't, blocking an exit or covering advertising then they are allowed. A steward should tell people this and suggest that they hang the banner at the back of the stand or request guidance. It seems from what you are saying that this didn't happen or that there was a misunderstanding. I read what you say about the club but they are really not that heartless or petty to deliberately prevent such a banner being put up.

If you have any more details about when the incident happened, where exactly in the ground it was and who it was who denied permission to put up the banner I will pass that on to the head steward to investigate further.

Yours

Ben Hayes
    Supporters' Director"

AS I say I have not recieved a reply to this e-mail or any other e-mails on the subject of the flag.
  • Options
    I apologise to you. But Charlton will not get another penny from me until there is an offcial apology. The Steward in question, if he/she is found, should be severly reprimanded.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    Apology accepted. I'm just happy to be able to clarify the situation.

If someone can give me more details about the steward than I can have it looked it into and if it is felt necessary then they will dealt with.

If the family want to bring the flag to a game (and I realise that they may feel the time has passed) I will attempt to make sure that happens without any further problems