Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Karel Fraeye has got to be close to losing interim tag at Charlton Athletic- SLP

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=114642&headline=Karel Fraeye has got to be close to losing interim tag at Charlton Athletic&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2015

"It will be interesting to see how six points added to the club’s total - and just as pertinently the climb out of the bottom three - changes the mood for the Ipswich game.

The Sky-televised encounter is set to see the black and white campaign given an airing to the wider general public, but positive performances and results managed to dissipate growing discontent last season.

But those back-to-back victories have been followed by the departure of Tony Watt to Cardiff. It’s another move by the club that will hardly win them universal positive PR."

Comments

• He's losing the Interim tag?

Does this mean he's set to be sacked if we don't get a result against Ipswich?
  • Jackson seems to given the fella his backing pretty vocally and assuming he's not being told to do so, then that's a good enough recommendation for me in reality (for now)
  • Jackson seems to given the fella his backing pretty vocally and assuming he's not being told to do so, then that's a good enough recommendation for me in reality (for now)

Who wouldn't back a manager who is playing them after their predecessor pretty much froze him out.
    Exactly.
  • It's just so frustrating that we haven't considered other options. I'm pleased with the 2 wins but I cant see it working long term.

Still, I'm sure Frayere's 8 months at the helm will have been 'the right decision' much like with all the other managers
  • Sponsored links:

• If we can get someone in who can guide the club through the yearly injury crisis then we'll be fine, instead at the moment we get a few injuries and fall to pieces, the manager gets sacked and a new man comes in just as the injuries are disappearing and is able to pull it all together
  • It's all about confusion. You don't know what to think. After five years of this, you will be brainwashed into thinking it is all normal. It will change again soon; it's the nature of the beast.

Who wouldn't back a manager who is playing them after their predecessor pretty much froze him out.
    When did Luzon freeze out Jackson or am I missing something?

He was already missing for Luzon's first matches because of an earlier injury and came back against Brentford, he barely lasted the half and was forced off through injury which kept him out for the rest of the season.

Fair enough he was on the bench against Queens Park Rangers at the start of the season but we won so Jackson (nor the fans) cant really complain yet he subsequently got picked and played against Peterborough...

Again he was due to play against Crystal Palace in the League Cup and was injured just beforehand, made his comeback getting a place on the bench against Fulham and came on because he wasnt 100% fit, now correct me if I'm wrong but since that match he's played every match?
    Ok fair point if I'm mistaken I retract it. Point still remains that KF got the gig after being deemed lower in the pecking order than riga, peeters and luzon and doesn't appear to have done anything of note since being here with riga to justify hus appointment at the exclusion of any other manager outside the network.

Really hope he does well as he's our manager and probably a nice fella and don't begrudge him but I question the judgement of his employers based on their hitherto shoddy record in this department.

He would though, after publicly slating Luzon and now finding himself with a cemented Captain's spot in the team. It's just going to keep happening, KF has had it all for him, knowledge of the squad, day to day faces, training facilities and the league, as he knew he was to get the job.. so he's had it to start well with. Then a few injuries, or sales and round the crazy roundabout we go again.

It's so crazy, that it's predictable.
    I have more respect for JJ than to think that he would be speaking favourably about KF simply because he has put him back into the team or, even more damning, in order to increase his chances of continuing to be selected.
  • KHA said:

Jackson seems to given the fella his backing pretty vocally and assuming he's not being told to do so, then that's a good enough recommendation for me in reality (for now)

He would though, after publicly slating Luzon and now finding himself with a cemented Captain's spot in the team. It's just going to keep happening, KF has had it all for him, knowledge of the squad, day to day faces, training facilities and the league, as he knew he was to get the job.. so he's had it to start well with. Then a few injuries, or sales and round the crazy roundabout we go again.

I have more respect for JJ than to think that he would be speaking favourably about KF simply because he has put him back into the team or, even more damning, in order to increase his chances of continuing to be selected.
    I respect JJ and think he's a fantastic talisman of a player for us however I wouldn't expect him to damage his own career in some form of misguided love for the club.

If you get asked what you think of your boss you'd say "he's great - better than the last guy!"
  • It was never going to be anyone else we all knew that, us winning just makes it easier for them, but end of the day this guy has pulled out two seemingly hopeless games out the bag with a few tactical manouvers and fair play to him.
  • edited November 2015
    Of course it'll be made permanent. For all the talk about Roland needing to trust the person, the reality is the wages the network guys are on mean that it'll always be one of them that gets the job. I'd hazard a guess that there are players in this division earning more in a week than Luzon was on in a year.
  • Rob62 said:

Of course it'll be made permanent. For all the talk about Roland needing to trust the person, the reality is the wages these guys are on mean that it'll always be one of the network guys that gets the job.

So when Fraeye eventually goes then we get someone from Alcorcon or Ujpest ? Peters wasn't from the network which by the way is in real terms over.

• Rob62 said:

Of course it'll be made permanent. For all the talk about Roland needing to trust the person, the reality is the wages these guys are on mean that it'll always be one of the network guys that gets the job.

So when Fraeye eventually goes then we get someone from Alcorcon or Ujpest ? Peters wasn't from the network which by the way is in real terms over.

Once Fraeye goes they'll have to go outside the network for sure, they'll have used everyone up! And yes Bob Peeters wasn't part of the network, but I'd be pretty confident that he'd have been asking for a lot less than any British manager would.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob62 said:

Rob62 said:

Once Fraeye goes they'll have to go outside the network for sure, they'll have used everyone up! And yes Bob Peeters wasn't part of the network, but I'd be pretty confident that he'd have been asking for a lot less than any British manager would.
    So you've just changed your mind that " it will always be one of them " ?

• edited November 2015
    I think I'm going to wait at least 6/9 weeks before making up my mind about him. I don't think Duchatelet employs people "he trusts" because they are cheap, more because he is arrogant. To him we are all idiots with too much time on our hands, spoilt children that don't know how lucky we are.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just thinking .......

- and not least, the players giving their all in the last 2 matches.

Any player not giving their all every game regardless of the manager needs throwing in the Thames. Paid handsomely to do a job most of us would do for free so they can bloody well sulk on their own time.
  • I believe Fraeye is closer to Roland than any of the other managers he has appointed, including Riga and Luzon who both of course pitched up at Standard de Liege.
    The reason I believe this is because Fraeye and Didier (who I believe might well have been a stats bloke) were driving from Belgium, and then back again through the night, to report in person to Roland even when Chris Powell was still manager.
    There may be some truth in the post above that after Fraeye, then Roland will have run out of options, and may then have to go round again starting with Riga.
  • Oggy Red said:

Just thinking .......

When Jose Riga came in, Jacko said he was very impressed how Riga handled a very difficult situation after Chris Powell was sacked.

A key factor apparently, was Riga sitting down with the coaching staff and Jackson, and listening to how they thought the team could progress. People there immediately felt valued, and Riga was able to bring everybody quickly on board.

It seems the lesson hasn't been lost on Fraeye, because we're hearing the right comments coming from within
    - and not least, the players giving their all in the last 2 matches.

This is going back to the interview about "smiles on their faces" and "I spoke to the players and they said that we don't need any more players"
  • I hope he's only close to losing the title of 'Interim' because we've found an actual football manager and not him.
  • Addicted said:

KHA said:

Jackson seems to given the fella his backing pretty vocally and assuming he's not being told to do so, then that's a good enough recommendation for me in reality (for now)

I respect JJ and think he's a fantastic talisman of a player for us however I wouldn't expect him to damage his own career in some form of misguided love for the club.

If you get asked what you think of your boss you'd say "he's great - better than the last guy!"
    But he said more than that. At that meeting JJ explained that he talks to the players through him. Proper standards of communication and inclusive.
  • What if, and its a big if, Fraeye is the Messiah, and the next Chosen One, and we end up with one heck of a stonking manager.
    Then i think of lower league place in Belgian 3rd division.