Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt to join Cardiff on loan (EDIT: Joined Until 16th January, Perm Deal Rumoured)

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievable. Although I do believe it.
  • Options
    On the face of it odd, but he hasn't been performing recently for whatever reason. If he goes and it allows us to bring in a temporary replacement, hopefully a better one, then maybe but if the replacement was Vaz Te only then it's a bad move.
  • Options
    If this is a with a view to a permanent deal type loan then I I think we're giving up on him way too soon, especially as we still only have Mak and Reza who are in any way experienced and even close to fully fit.

If it's a chance for him to get fit and in a bit of form in someone else's team I'm okay with that, but Cardiff seems a weird choice of team to send him to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Were finally starting to get a squad together and fit again and these fuckwits want to dismantle it again.
  • Options
    How much of that wonderful £9 million did they spend on Watt and Vetokele but yet they want to loan them both out. Clueless
  • Options
    There will be some movement in before the window closes on Thursday.
  • Options
    Everyone club wise sees to like him across social media.

Doesn't add up
  • Options
    This does suggest that his presence in and around the squad is unsettling. He had a great start to the season but in our recent slump he was not showing signs of giving too much of a toss.

• Options
    Joke surely. On his day he is a world beater
  • Options
    Haven't got a clue.Com!
  • Options
    Another of the (few) players who is genuinely enjoyable to watch, shipped out to a champ rival. Weird.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On his day Tony Watt is the first player on the teamsheet. That said 'his day' hasn't come for a long time, probably not since the QPR game so I can see why he would be loaned out to be honest. On current form he's probably slipped behind Makienok, Reza, Lookman and Vaz Te. Granted that recent run of results nobody came out shining but Watt in particular should have been contributing more.

I wouldn't want to see it be a long term loan or a loan-to-perm view but maybe a short term loan might give him the kick up the backside he needs.
  • Options
    Is there another reason for this I wonder? Just thinking of his previous reputation and that the winless streak started straight after he had a falling out with Luzon and was left on the bench until half time. Has he has a negative impact on the team?

Just a thought?

• Options
    What the actual f***
  • Options
    He's not playing at the moment and If he scores a few on loan for Cardiff he will be worth more in the summer. I'm sure that will be Roland's motive for this move. He'll want to get back what he paid Celtic for him when he owned SL if he does want to move him on. Plus with all the 'fraud' accusations flying around about the watt signing RD is probably keen to get watt off the books asap before that matter develops to a more serious level. If watt was to return to form with us then Liege will continue to kick up a fuss so this maybe Rolands way of dealing with that problem.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

There will be some movement in before the window closes on Thursday.

Guess or training ground talk ?
  • Options
    Another in a long line of baffling decisions. Not quite up there with Morrison and Kermogant though