Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Birmingham 0 Charlton 1 Post match comments

edited November 2015 in General Charlton
Never in doubt :-)

To be fair I did fancy us for a point. Just a tad happy.

Comments

• Yes, brilliant result. Jacko does it again.
  • EVERYWHERE WE GO
  • Very good 3 points!
  • Fantastic result!!
  • Uboat said:

PL54 said:

The best bit is that some people on here must be so upset by us winning

Wrong, but you're obviously excited at the thought that there might be.
    Not me
  • 7/2 a good pay out from the bookies and a clean sheet too boot, sounds like the youngsters did well, come on you addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• Well done all. Hats off to the Academy staff. Let's all give it a bit of time before we start calling Karel the new Brian.
  • beer time.
  • How was Vaz Te?
  • Get in! Great result at any time but especially when we haven't won away since Jesus was a carpenter.

Well done to the Skipper of course but sounds like THD did well. Will wait for reports from those that were there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2015
    Brilliant result. Didn't go, but this didn't sound like an away smash n grab a la Norwich.

Sounded a solid performance where we created well, were organised and disciplined.

Problem now is, do you bring Solly and Ba straight back in, or keep as is? Good problem for kazza to have. Yes I've nicknamed him kazza!
  • Great result. How long is Lookman's contract?
  • The diamond formation seems to suit us.....and still players out injured...I think Kashi would play well in this system as well, now onto the TV game next Saturday....can we hope for 3 wins on the spin?
  • Hopefully Lookman can look at the likes of Gomez and Poyet and think, maybe, the grass isn't always greener.
  • I'm not sure what's more of a shock, us winning away or Chelsea winning at home!

Seriously, this was always going to be close one, and by the sound of things a classic away performance got the points. Out of the bottom 3 now and 5 points clear of Bolton who look to be in terrible trouble on and off the pitch
  • vffvff
    edited November 2015
    seth plum said:

I have seen Lookman previously, and he is clearly impressive, but I had thought he looked too frail to step up just now.
    Jason Euell knows him a whole lot better than me and he has made his debut, and according to the Birmingham commentators was our best player. They referenced him much more than I usually hear opposition commentators reference one of our players, and were extremely fulsome in their praise. they also went on about the general gathering of scouts at St Andrews and said they'll all know about him now.
    Young growing players can be inconsistent, but can also be very good. I hope we can attract him to stay with a contract because he is like as not going to be another successful product of our academy, but at 17 the rules regarding contracts can play against us.

Great result today. Briliant to see a victory.

Need to sort Lookman's contract. Sounds like Holmes-Dennis had a great game as well. If Charlton can keep all their young stars, it would make for the basis of an excellent team that could challenge higher up the table.
  • Great result. Delighted for JJ as he gets his 50 up!