Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Karel Fraeye: "In football, every manager is an interim manager"

More nonsense.

Words fail me.

Someone else have a go.

Comments

• Options
    FFS
  • Options
    "beyond parody"
  • Options

"beyond parody"

Thanks Colin Callum
  • Options
    This club is doing an outstanding job of acting as if it is on a higher plain of thinking than everyone else whilst it burns around them and fans contemplate flying off in their droves.

Is the owner stupid? No, not in an academical sense. Is he sensationally arrogant? Good god yes.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

To be fair, and I'm one of the biggest critics of the current board, I think this comment is fairly accurate. Not many managers, especially on the contenant, survive more than 4-5 games without victory and sadly this type of attitude is creeping into the English game.

Yes we all know the point he is trying to allure too, we're not stupid, but they aren't appointed with the view that they are definitely only there in the short-term whereas Fraeye is. This is more misdirection from the lawyer, come on let's have some self-respect and not fall for it please?
  • Options
    I said that a few weeks ago, but it was a joke. Troubling that our manager is actually saying it out loud
  • Options
    I think 'beyond parody' is actually a brilliant statement for this latest bombshell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's funny that both our manager head coach and CEO are good at making a couple of shocking comments every time they speak in public. :(
  • Options
    I would comment but I'd probably be accused of condemning the comments because (a) He's Belgian and (b) He's been employed by a female.
  • Options
    What he means is he was already on the payroll
  • Options

Karel Fraeye: "In THE NETWORK, every manager is an interim manager"

Fixed it for him!
  • Options
    I know exactly what he is getting at .. look at the average tenure longevity of a football club manager at most levels of the professional/semi professional game .. the difference perhaps between an 'interim' and 'permanent' manager is the amount paid in compensation when the incumbent is sacked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2015
    "But some are more interim than others"
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Sorry, you are all wrong. All he meant is that no manager in the Championship ever gets to the end of his contract.

I am afraid that all your negativity is preventing you from interpreting the simplest of statements. You need to take a break from CL for a while.

Good managers do; then they get offered a new one.

All he meant was that despite the title of 'interim' he was actually appointed as manager in all but name without others being interviewed or considered. And due to him being present before Luzon was gone it shows there was crossover.

All he's doing is redefining his job title.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Redrobo said:

Sorry, you are all wrong. All he meant is that no manager in the Championship ever gets to the end of his contract.

I am afraid that all your negativity is preventing you from interpreting the simplest of statements. You need to take a break from CL for a while.

All he meant was that despite the title of 'interim' he was actually appointed as manager in all but name without others being interviewed or considered. And due to him being present before Luzon was gone it shows there was crossover.

And then when they fail they get sacked from that Contract... No Manager these days (Bar Riga who was only short-term anyway) will have their owner turn around in October and say; right I'm sacking you, that means that when your Contract is up in two years your gone.

Hell even Curbishley didnt get to see out the last year of his Contract with us!!
  • Options

Addicted said:

Redrobo said:

And then when they fail they get sacked from that Contract... No Manager these days (Bar Riga who was only short-term anyway) will have their owner turn around in October and say; right I'm sacking you, that means that when your Contract is up in two years your gone.

Hell even Curbishley didnt get to see out the last year of his Contract with us!!
    And do you think

a) KF is making the point above about football mangers in general and lamenting the fact that contracts dont get seen out in full

b) KF is discussing his own position and job title in reference to the fact he was appointed interim manager without a second thought to other candidates above belgian 3rd tier, and now is redefining that position as 'as permanent as any other manger in this league'
  • Options
    Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Redrobo said:

And do you think

a) KF is making the point above about football mangers in general and lamenting the fact that contracts dont get seen out in full

b) KF is discussing his own position and job title in reference to the fact he was appointed interim manager without a second thought to other candidates above belgian 3rd tier, and now is redefining that position as 'as permanent as any other manger in this league'
    Dunno... Don't waste my time micro-analysing everything that someone says
  • Options
    He's got that spot on but he could turn out a little less interim than he may think.
    On the other hand he might be more interim than we all think. Utter nonsense and it seems not a week gos
  • Options

Personally I think the journalist has asked a question along the lines of "You're the interim manager/coach, what does that mean?" and he's batted if off with quite a clever answer.

Wonder no more, press day audio is in this week's Charlton live podcast.
    http://bit.ly/1JtESM1
  • Options
    At most championship clubs, Karel Fraeye would have made the shortlist
    for the U11's but not certain if he would have got the job ?

He is correct in his Statement that all coaches/managers are interim and for that reason i would also say that was a good retort.