Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Following recent meetings with supporters, Charlton's CEO provides fans with an update - From OS

Comments

• "Last week I outlined that our key strategic objective is to make Charlton a competitive Championship club with Premier League ambitions. Underpinning that objective our other targets include:
    - To be successful in our recruitment, retention and trading of players
    - To have a stable, financial policy which also is successful in growing our commercial base
    - To create a best-in-class Academy which regularly produces players for our first team
    - Creating a system of communications and interactions with all our fanbase which makes our supporters feel valued
    - Maintaining our remarkably successful presence in the local community via the Charlton Athletic Community Trust

OK, no metrics but small steps.
  • Nothing groundbreaking from her here.

To be successful in our recruitment, retention and trading of players - for RD's benefit.
    To have a stable, financial policy which also is successful in growing our commercial base - for RD's benefit.
    To create a best-in-class Academy which regularly produces players for our first team - for RD's benefit (sales).
    Creating a system of communications and interactions with all our fanbase which makes our supporters feel valued - Failed already.
    Maintaining our remarkably successful presence in the local community via the Charlton Athletic Community Trust - We were fine in that department.

Target 20k - for RD's benefit
    Strategic Development - again, for RD's benefit

All she's doing is re-spelling out the goals of which we don't, nor should any Football Club fan, like.
  • In other words "I want us to have money and good players".

Informative, that.
  • Like Henry says it would be good to have some of these targets quantified e.g. What does successful player recruitment look like?, and also to understand some of the 'how tos' (within the bounds of confidentiality of course).

But I feel more informed than I was a couple of weeks ago.
  • It's a start, surely.
  • edited November 2015
    I
    Greenie said:

I think RD has told her to sort it out, just a hunch. So I wonder how she is going to feel when the protests start at the Ipswich game outside the main stand, and inside the ground.
    Methinks she is living on borrowed time.

I would imagine she believes comms such as this will prevent the protests against Ipswich from going ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Meaningless words with nothing measurable or even a hint of a plan of how

This doesnt detract from what I thought of her, but doesnt change my opinion at all that she's completely clueless.

There is a small part of me (tinged with sadness) that is looking forward to her unprofessional reaction to the protest at Ipswich.
  • Carefully worded, I think - a lawyer's statement.

What has been said is more or less the same as ANY other Championship football club would say. Nothing out of the ordinary or unusual.

A small degree of admitting that not enough has been done for communication and huge focus on the way forward rather than any other admissions that things are less than perfect - which is more or less to be expected.

Still don't have any trust or faith in the senior management of the club. Given the just slightly more conciliatory tone compared to that in the meeting last week, I reckon we can expect a long game to be played out on this one.....
  • edited November 2015
    The CEO has dug herself so far down a hole she only had two options in my opnion to dig her way out of it.

1. Resign or

2. Communicate more with the fans instead of hiding away and hope the problem disappears.

She has gone for the latter and we will shall see if her words turn into actions. In the meantime more polite protests in and outside the ground from the 2% army. The protest has clearly rattled her.

Just like Fraeye, the next couple of games are key for her. If results go our way then maybe some of the fans will be content and she may be forgotten about. If they don't then her and Fraeye will come in for more of the same pressure.

Both could be gone before Christmas

• Or 'we are going to play the sort of music that will drive anybody over the age of 25 out of Crossbars. The club is looking to the future and by the time we achieve success none of that lot will still be alive so we might as well alienate them now'
  • Agree with you Bromleyjohn
  • Sponsored links:

• Have I missed something, have we got a new manager, Or are we still interviewing for one?
  • To be honest I quite like this statement that RD has written to KM and told her to forward onwards to the comms team to post on the website.

It is just fortunate that she picked up his email whilst busily deleting all those ones that the clubs fans had sent to her after she encouraged them to do so at the meeting.

Some of our fans like to PWR, Katrien likes to DWR.

(delete without reading).
  • Redrobo said:

Can we all now agree the Ipswich protest is now off?

110% on
  • < class="Quote" rel="jamescafc">I
    Greenie said:

I think RD has told her to sort it out, just a hunch. So I wonder how she is going to feel when the protests start at the Ipswich game outside the main stand, and inside the ground.
    Methinks she is living on borrowed time.

I would imagine she believes comms such as this will prevent the protests against Ipswich from going ahead.

Exactly, couldn't give a toss about the supporters before, but one demo plus a live game coming up Roland & it seems we have our very own road to Damascus.
    Hmm wonder how long this will last for ? Less than all of our head coaches individual stints no doubt.
  • edited November 2015
    Redrobo said:

Sorry Katrien you'll have to do better than that
  • J BLOCK said:

Redrobo said:

110% on
    110% of the 2%?