Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Black to the Valley

Now the dust has settled after the Q & A at the Valley last week where does that leave the Spell it out in Black and White campaign?

Thanks to the hard work of many but especially @Addickted2TheReds the campaign has had some some small, early wins.

It was given extensive coverage in the local media and on Charlton Live, a number of fans picked up on it as black and white scarves were visable during the protest and elsewhere and leaftets were distrubuted at MK Dons and at The Valley before Sheffield Wednesday.

And even the CEO noticed it and mentioned "spelling it out in black and white" during her presentation, albeit it rather dismissively. but as Gandi said, "first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win"

It's a start and only that but Spell it out in Black and White is only a couple of weeks old and you rarely bring about significant change at the first attempt or within a few days.

The meeting didn't address our four aims fully even if it was a step forward. We're glad we got even that limited response but the fans deserve more. A lot more.

- We still want to see the proper business plan and strategy set out not just the vague objectives set out in the CEO's presentation

- We still want to see regular, constructive and two way communication between the board and fans. A one off meeting isn't enough and the format needs to change

- We still want to see the Target 20k working group set up. The CEO said this was going to happen but she also said this back in September 2014.

- And we still want to see the CEO and the staff following their own club charter and responding to letters and emails from fans within 48 hours, something very basic but which isn't happening regardless of what the CEO claims.

SO WHAT NOW?

We call on fans to continue protesting in any (legal and decent) way they choose but ask that they make wearing Black and White part of those protests. Wearing black and white is a quick and easy visual message to tell the club, other fans and the media that many of us, more than just 2% for sure, aren't happy with the way the club is being run.

Wear black and white scarves, shirts or whatever and buy black and white balloons to be released during the Ipswich game. Buy a few extra scarves and balloons to give out to other fans.

We hope that other supporters' groups will lend their resources to promote the campaign.

To co-opt a slogan from a previous campaign

LET'S GO BLACK TO THE VALLEY

Comments

• We are the 2%
  • "black to the Valley" is copyright @Addickted2TheReds
  • liking the Black and White theme but if it's to have an impact then we need to be providing the black and white balloons and even sourcing a bulk order of scarves to sell somehow to fans cheaply. Whether this can be achieved is another matter.
  • So is this the official approved protest on Saturday? Or is it the 10 minute walk out after the minutes silence? or is it in the car park? Too many protests so little time to protest.
  • Rothko said:

So is this the official approved protest on Saturday? Or is it the 10 minute walk out after the minutes silence? or is it in the car park? Too many protests so little time to protest.

totally 100% unofficial.

People can do all or any of those or none at all.

We're just calling on people to wear black and white and take black and white balloons
  • liking the Black and White theme but if it's to have an impact then we need to be providing the black and white balloons and even sourcing a bulk order of scarves to sell somehow to fans cheaply. Whether this can be achieved is another matter.

Just mug a Newcastle United fan on the way to the ground

I've been away from all things CAFC for a couple of days due to other things.

Today though I have been speaking to a few people and I hope to get things sorted in the near future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:

So is this the official approved protest on Saturday? Or is it the 10 minute walk out after the minutes silence? or is it in the car park? Too many protests so little time to protest.

2% official.
  • Have to agree with Daveaddick, majority of people watching at home won't know or care about why some of our fans are releasing black and white balloons
  • Have to agree with Daveaddick, majority of people watching at home won't know or care about why some of our fans are releasing black and white balloons

But you'd probably prompt a little conversation or a thought as to why let's say, QPR fans are wearing red and black scarve.. It does no harm, but it also shows you as a fanbase aren't afraid to not speak up; some fans, bless them, could have their teams drove into the ground and would still turn up wearing their same match day clothes and spend the same amount of money pre-match etc. We have to show a bit of control/indifference to the owners, even if this black and white campaign is a side to the bigger and more evasive actions, it's something.

I think in essence it doesn't really matter too much what the first steps are, it's about uniting the fans, then once we have a big crowd on-side you can start to march on together, if you don't start with a little step you won't go anywhere.

But you'd probably prompt a little conversation or a thought as to why let's say, QPR fans are wearing red and black scarve.. .
    not so sure ;-)

footyheadlines.com/2014/05/nike-queens-park-rangers-14-15-kits.html

But you'd probably prompt a little conversation or a thought as to why let's say, QPR fans are wearing red and black scarve.. .
    not so sure ;-)

footyheadlines.com/2014/05/nike-queens-park-rangers-14-15-kits.html

Knew there was a reason I shouldn't have used that one.... you get the drift ;-)
  • Sorry folks but I cannot do this to my Club. RD is too pig headed, and KM too bloody silly to understand, talking about 20K while THEY are pushing us down towards 9K.
  • Granpa said:

Sorry folks but I cannot do this to my Club. RD is too pig headed, and KM too bloody silly to understand, talking about 20K while THEY are pushing us down towards 9K.

What can't you do?
  • Sponsored links:

• I,ll be wearing a black and white scarf .
  • I reckon we'll end up with a black and white away kit next season (like the quaser/viglen kit)
  • Can @Glovepup play a bit of Back in Black by ACDC
  • Reminds me of aphoto that Steve Bridge once took of afan with a black and white face done in quarters travelling up to Manchester for a cup tie,

You could also paint your face up it does look very spooky but is very affective.
    Will try to find the photo.
  • So if black and white stands for more communication and dialogue from the owner and his CEO and regular cosy ups with the fans few. And the demonstrators at around 1000 demanding the resignation of KM selling up of RD and to have our Charlton back. We have two different agenda's. I am for the latter and hope that some of the black and whites also want rid of the belgiuns.
  • Kirk's joined.
  • Kirk's joined.

And Spock? ;-)
  • No ...Kirk on coronation Street.