Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sweden v Denmark play off

AS per the TV score caption, take the first 3 letters of Sweden and then first 3 letters of Denmark ... what do you get?
Then take remaining letters of Sweden and remaining letters of Denmark...what do you get?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2015
    wow.

did not know that.

more entertaining than the game at the moment.
  • Options
    Wouldn't work for the whole post,
  • Options
    Games got a bit livelier now
  • Options
    Bedtner just missed a sitter
  • Options
    Great finish from Sweden
  • Options
    Kasper with probably one of the best saves I've seen wow.
  • Options
    I think Agger should of gone there. Lucky boy.
  • Options
    2-1 defeat but I don't think the Danes are too unhappy with that. They dominated the last 20 minutes and got the away goal.

I reckon they will turn this around on Tuesday at Parken with 48,000 fans willing them on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had the pleasure of watching this on paper island today, so passionate yet so well natured! Will be rooting for the Danes in the second leg!
  • Options

2-1 defeat but I don't think the Danes are too unhappy with that. They dominated the last 20 minutes and got the away goal.

I reckon they will turn this around on Tuesday at Parken with 48,000 fans willing them on.

I didn't think they used the "away goals count double" thing in these playoffs? Happy to be corrected.
  • Options
    I find it slightly irritating that when Arsenal are on telly, they don't put "ARS" on the score box. Ridiculous. They put something like "ANL" which ironically, (and seems to have escaped the decision makers attention), looks a bit like "ANAL". :smiley:

This is the kind of wrapping in cotton wool that society doesn't need. Arsenal is not a swear word, so shortening it to ARS for this purpose is not offensive.
  • Options

I find it slightly irritating that when Arsenal are on telly, they don't put "ARS" on the score box. Ridiculous. They put something like "ANL" which ironically, (and seems to have escaped the decision makers attention), looks a bit like "ANAL". :smiley:

This is the kind of wrapping in cotton wool that society doesn't need. Arsenal is not a swear word, so shortening it to ARS for this purpose is not offensive.

I think you'll find that the most offensive word is "Arsenal"
  • Options
    edited November 2015

I didn't think they used the "away goals count double" thing in these playoffs? Happy to be corrected.
    They use the away goal to it's full extent. I.E no after extra time rubbish.

The football league play offs are the ones who don't use it at all.
  • Options
    Mixed feelings about this result... Want Denmark to Qualify as love the country, want Sweden to Qualify because of Ibrahimovic
  • Options

They use the away goal to it's full extent. I.E no after extra time rubbish.

The football league play offs are the ones who don't use it at all.
    Cheers stonewall. Didn't realise that.
  • Options

I was in a foreign pub recently and they had champions league on. I couldn't work out who was playing. The TV abbreviation was "ASR". I was sure it wasn't Arsenal but took me ages to work it out.

Roma, obviously.
  • Options

Actually, the first season NBC had the Premier here in the states, they did have 4 letter abbreviations on the score box. I remember watching a game of ARSE vs MANC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20 years ago this would have been European champions vs World Cup semi-finalists. Whole of Scandinavian football seems to have gone on a real decline
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

20 years ago this would have been European champions vs World Cup semi-finalists. Whole of Scandinavian football seems to have gone on a real decline

I dunno... Iceland arent doing too badly, good article by the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30012357
  • Options

Daddy_Pig said:

Iceland isn't in Scandanavia... Is it?
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Hmm... Good question... So Yes your right, but in a way, your also wrong lol!

While the term Scandinavia is commonly used for Denmark, Norway and Sweden, the term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).
  • Options

Daddy_Pig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

While the term Scandinavia is commonly used for Denmark, Norway and Sweden, the term the Nordic countries is used unambiguously for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, including their associated territories (Greenland, the Faroe Islands, and the Åland Islands).
    So Iceland is a Nordic country and not a part of Scandanavia? ;)
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Daddy_Pig said:

So Iceland is a Nordic country and not a part of Scandanavia? ;)
    Yet used to be part of Denmark which is a Scandinavian Country?

Stop taking my straws away from me ;)
  • Options
    Sweden, Norway and Denmark are all in the playoffs, so at least they haven't done as badly as say the Netherlands or Bulgaria.

• Options
    Same meat,diffrent gravy.
  • Options
    Denmark Sweden finished 2-2 meaning the Swedes go through 4-3 on aggregate. Catch the replays of Ibrahimovic's second goal from the freekick. It was world class.