Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Donald Trump and his Mexican Wall.

Comments

• Options
    RedPanda said:

@palarsehater @ForeverAddickted I posted the link in this thread about the officers in London who came forward and said he was right but no one dared to comment on it, weird how the liberals pick and choose like that.

Here it is again FYI http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352406/Scotland-Yard-mocks-Trump-s-claims-London-police-terrified-Muslim-areas-officers-claim-tycoon-RIGHT.html

Find a source that isn't a peddler of far-right propaganda and mistruths and I'll humour you.
    Try reading it first or can you not stomach truths from Police officers on the ground in Muslim communities?
  • Options

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/625647/petition-Donald-Trump-extremists-we-let-in

just a little bit of racist right wing propaganda, or at least that's what its called by certain people thinking there more educated than other people, by the manner in which they speak to them, it doesn't make you right you just sound like a twat thats sulking because someone has a difference of opinion to you, yet they will bang on about free speech. all quite hypocritical to be honest.

Really ?

• Options
    It is indeed a good headline. 3 of the 4 named are excluded from entering the UK. The holocaust stuff at the bottom is however shocking if true.
  • Options

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/625647/petition-Donald-Trump-extremists-we-let-in

just a little bit of racist right wing propaganda, or at least that's what its called by certain people thinking there more educated than other people, by the manner in which they speak to them, it doesn't make you right you just sound like a twat thats sulking because someone has a difference of opinion to you, yet they will bang on about free speech. all quite hypocritical to be honest.

Really ?

really what?, i wasnt being specific to you just my opinion.
  • Options

Try reading it first or can you not stomach truths from Police officers on the ground in Muslim communities?

I won’t give the Mail any hits. Rather than paying respects, the next day they were revelling in the Paris attacks as it was a chance to blame refugees without evidence:

“This is the face of one of the Paris killers who allegedly sneaked into France by posing as a refugee as it emerged a woman may have been part of the eight-strong ISIS kamikaze terror squad … Serbian media claims Ahmed Almuhamed, 25, who was carrying a Syrian passport, allegedly blew himself up at the Bataclan concert hall, where at least 89 people were slaughtered on Friday”.

There was more. “It is believed two of the bombers were carrying Syrian passports and another may have had an Egyptian passport. At least two are believed to be French while several could also be Belgian … The disclosure that some may have entered Europe as migrants, which came amid claims of French intelligence failures, inevitably raised new security concerns about Europe's borders”.

http://zelo-street.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/mail-paris-refugee-spin-busted.html

That's not news but people take it as gospel. Why would I believe anything a paper like that says?

Regarding Trump, he's a bell end but he's free to talk about muslims and Mexicans and women that way. I don't think anyone on here would dispute that.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Very clever mate my version is better though it doesn't rhyme because I'm an uneducated far right supporter, but I've swapped daily mail for The Guardian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedPanda said:

RedPanda said:

Very clever mate my version is better though it doesn't rhyme because I'm an uneducated far right supporter, but I've swapped daily mail for The Guardian.
    I don’t read the Guardian either. Seems like you’re tarring groups of people with the same brush again.

Not everything is black and white. Not all left-wingers would sign an anti-Trump petition, not all right-wingers are racists, and not all muslims are evil and want to take over Europe.

Many people (or newspapers) take the worst in a group and use that as a stick to beat others with. The world’s a far more complex place than that.
    Spot on.

The only sensible position in my opinion is to garner as much factual information as possible, evaluate and then draw your own conclusions to form your own opinion. I don't need any journalist, whether it be from The Mail, The Gruniad, The Times or Viz, to make up my mind for me on any given topic.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Trump is clearly an idiot but he shouldn't be banned from the UK. I'm not sure that most people signing that petition believe it either, they are making a point about how the British state is happy to allow in people with bigoted opinions if they fit certain profiles (and are rich). It's a stunt.
    I haven't been to Bow for about a year, but has it really changed that much? I had a few beers and stood outside a pub and no one said a word. It's not the same as walking down a street holding a can of lager, but still. I've been in Whitechapel and Stepney more recently and just don't recognise the picture of these being "no go areas" for white people (and they are far more Muslim than Bow was a year ago).
    I read the Daily Mail article and it does seem to be taking two different issues and trying to mix them up, can't imagine why. One is that police officers are told to not wear uniform/partial uniform when not on duty. Given what happened to Lee Rigby, that seems like a sensible precaution. I can see why some coppers would be annoyed at it and it fits in with the "health and safety gone made" narrative that the Daily Mail likes.
    And there are a handful of coppers speaking off the record saying there are places they are afraid to go. None of them sound particularly convincing to me, but I will concede there have always been some places that the police are reluctant to go - Broadwater Farm, parts of Brixton in the early 80s, spring to mind. But the reasons for all that were complex - and not related at all to Islamification. But I think this paints a dangerous picture of a monolithic Muslim culture and is in danger of being a self-fulfilling prophesy. The reason that police (and indeed non-police) can go anywhere in London is that the Jihadists are a tiny minority. Yes, they can probably mobilise some youths who want to have a go at the police - but this is actually true of any tendency and many areas: it wasn't that long ago that it was universally assumed about football fans as well. But painting everyone Muslim as "the enemy within" is just plain wrong and likely to be counterproductive.

The other thing about the Daily Mail article is that it takes the anonymous posts of five members of an online police forum and presents them as fact. There are several journalistic issues with that.

The part where the individual is named (comments from 2014, can't remember the bloke's name) speaks more about the police force as it is now (reactive rather than proactive, likely due to funding), than about hostility from communities.

If you want to name communities in the UK openly hostile to the police, then places like Derry/Londonderry and Armagh would be towards the top.
  • Options

The liberal response to Donald Trump's remarks really is beyond satire.

What happened to all the #JeSuisCharlie bs after the Charlie Hebdo attacks.

The same people that protested for freedom of speech then, when it was trendy, are now wanting Trump banned.

Hypocrites

I am a lefty, a Liberal and often read the Guardian. I am embarrassed by this petition and the puerile postering by knee jerk Liberals. It is a shame Bill Maher is on a break from his show until the New Year. He is a Liberal who never lets the wishy washy Liberals get away with their hypocritical responses just to make sure they don't offend the followers of what is essentially an evil death cult ideology simply because it is a World religion.

I was going to post some youtube videos of public beheadings in Saudi Arabia by the state in the name of this religion but decided they were just too gruesome. As an atheist I would be hacked to death in Pakistan and beheaded in Saudi Arabia.

How can people react with all this outrage to a politician advocating a policy to protect his country from attacks by people in the name of this religion but say nothing about the evil day-to-day practices of States who are our allies and have embassies in our country? Where are the petitions protesting against these countries?
  • Options
    edited December 2015

But what about all the radical muslim preachers here in the UK coming out with the exact opposite...?

Why aren't there petitions to get them banned from Britain?

If they are British citizens different action is required, if they are coming into the country from abroad, you will find they are banned.
    Shouldn't we be concentrating on those already here though...

We're happy to try and ban those from coming into the Country but they try because we're so soft, if we put more effort into problems already on our doorstep rather than potential issues, the radials might think twice
    Do you think we are not? Seriously. The Jim Davidsonesque position on political correctness makes all these wild assumptions about what isn't happening to make a popularist point - a bit like the European ruling on bent bananas. Debate at this low level encourages the likes of Trump.
  • Options
    Is that a genuine output from the Muslim Council of Britain?

Do they really think people are worried they might offend Muslims if they put up a Xmas tree? I am offended that they think I am worried about causing them offence by putting up a Xmas tree!

Semi serious point by the way!
  • Options
    I think they are making the point that they are not offended, because some ignorant people think they are.
  • Options
    A whole poster from them without using the word 'condemn'. Im impressed!
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited December 2015
    Why would anyone even consider posting a video of someone's murder on a general social forum?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2015
    IA said:

Why would anyone even consider posting a video of someone's murder on a general social forum?

For the same reason that graphic footage of the holocaust is often shown in schools and on public television.
  • Options
    Sharia Courts have decreed it is ok for people to celebrate Xmas in the UK. I think the Muslim Council needs to employ a firm of PR consultants.
  • Options
    The message the Muslim council of Britain provided, was saying that Muslims don't want to ban Christmas and wished people joy and happiness. The fact that some people can construe it in such a way as to take offence from it, is the best reason in the world why they needed to issue it. Unlike Trump, most Britains realise that IS does not represent muslims - they spend much of their time killing muslims if truth be known!
  • Options

The message the Muslim council of Britain provided, was saying that Muslims don't want to ban Christmas and wished people joy and happiness. The fact that some people can construe it in such a way as to take offence from it, is the best reason in the world why they needed to issue it. Unlike Trump, most Britains realise that IS does not represent muslims - they spend much of their time killing muslims if truth be known!

Typical right wingers looking for something to get offended about. Political incorrectness gone mad
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    It isn't right wingers - Cameron and many conservatives would echo my message I'm sure.
  • Options

The Belgiums/Belgians plague on this forum is spreading to other nations! :smile:
  • Options

It isn't right wingers - Cameron and many conservatives would echo my message I'm sure.

What?!? The conservatives are the right of centre party. How would them agreeing with something not make it right wing?
  • Options
    IA said:

rananegra said:

Trump is clearly an idiot but he shouldn't be banned from the UK. I'm not sure that most people signing that petition believe it either, they are making a point about how the British state is happy to allow in people with bigoted opinions if they fit certain profiles (and are rich). It's a stunt.
    I haven't been to Bow for about a year, but has it really changed that much? I had a few beers and stood outside a pub and no one said a word. It's not the same as walking down a street holding a can of lager, but still. I've been in Whitechapel and Stepney more recently and just don't recognise the picture of these being "no go areas" for white people (and they are far more Muslim than Bow was a year ago).
    I read the Daily Mail article and it does seem to be taking two different issues and trying to mix them up, can't imagine why. One is that police officers are told to not wear uniform/partial uniform when not on duty. Given what happened to Lee Rigby, that seems like a sensible precaution. I can see why some coppers would be annoyed at it and it fits in with the "health and safety gone made" narrative that the Daily Mail likes.
    And there are a handful of coppers speaking off the record saying there are places they are afraid to go. None of them sound particularly convincing to me, but I will concede there have always been some places that the police are reluctant to go - Broadwater Farm, parts of Brixton in the early 80s, spring to mind. But the reasons for all that were complex - and not related at all to Islamification. But I think this paints a dangerous picture of a monolithic Muslim culture and is in danger of being a self-fulfilling prophesy. The reason that police (and indeed non-police) can go anywhere in London is that the Jihadists are a tiny minority. Yes, they can probably mobilise some youths who want to have a go at the police - but this is actually true of any tendency and many areas: it wasn't that long ago that it was universally assumed about football fans as well. But painting everyone Muslim as "the enemy within" is just plain wrong and likely to be counterproductive.

The other thing about the Daily Mail article is that it takes the anonymous posts of five members of an online police forum and presents them as fact. There are several journalistic issues with that.

I'm always very suspicious of stuff the plod come out with. (That's partially because my sister is one.) There's often a hidden agenda. Remember the less than honest contribution from the federation and individual officers during the plebgate fiasco? (In this case it's probably trying to persuade their local inspector that it's not safe to wander around by yourself, so they can go mob-handed and end up with lots of nice extra overtime payments.)
  • Options

What?!? The conservatives are the right of centre party. How would them agreeing with something not make it right wing?
    The point I was making is not to tar all right wingers with the same brush.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

IA said:

rananegra said:

I'm always very suspicious of stuff the plod come out with. (That's partially because my sister is one.) There's often a hidden agenda. Remember the less than honest contribution from the federation and individual officers during the plebgate fiasco? (In this case it's probably trying to persuade their local inspector that it's not safe to wander around by yourself, so they can go mob-handed and end up with lots of nice extra overtime payments.)
    Perhaps.

But the anonymous postings on an online forum are (a) unlikely to affect your local inspector, and (b) not necessarily posted by police officers.