Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Rufus Sacked by Charlton?

Rufus on brink of sack by Charlton after multi-million-pound 'ponzi' scheme fraud The Telegraph 15:50

Comments

• Options
    On Telegraph website if anyone can do the link thingy
  • Options
    Thanks Beds
  • Options
    Thats a shame if true, he seemed to be enjoying it when i spoke to him last week

I honestly don't give shit if he i guilty or not I think he's a legend!
  • Options
    WSS said:

Thats a shame if true, he seemed to be enjoying it when i spoke to him last week

Bet you'd feel different if he ripped you or your family off.
    Maybe so but he hasn't and i'm far to busy to start thinking about the ifs, buts and maybes.
  • Options

Should be suspended until the end of criminal investigations rather than sacked imo. If he's found guilty then sack him fine, don't think you should sack anyone who has a run in with the law until they're proven guilty.

I guess the bankruptcy order is enough though, given the comments of the registrar. It's very sad, though, for all concerned.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    :(

When are we going to have some Charlton-related good news for a change?!
  • Options

WSS said:

Maybe so but he hasn't and i'm far to busy to start thinking about the ifs, buts and maybes.
    I never let anything stop me thinking about buts
  • Options
    It's a shame because without a job he will not be able to pay all those people their money back.
    ;-)
  • Options
    WSS said:

Hear Hear or is it Here Here?
  • Options

WSS said:

You cannot be that busy if you are on this site!
  • Options
    Talal said:

WSS said:

I never let anything stop me thinking about buts
    That should be spelt with two t's.
  • Options
    Sad if true, at the ripe old age of 31, he was my hero growing up.
  • Options
    What message does it send out to the kids at the academy. "Your coach is a tea leaf".
    Great role model.
  • Options
    Very saddened by this. That's all.
  • Options
    Disgraced former Premier League defender Richard Rufus was on the brink of being sacked by Charlton Athletic on Wednesday after being found to have masterminded a multi-million-pound “criminal” fraud.

Telegraph Sport has learnt Rufus will be told to resign or be fired as academy coach and ambassador for Charlton Athletic Community Trust less than a week after a High Court judge ruled he conned victims out of almost £9m and pocketed more than £3m from a £16m “Ponzi” scheme.

The 40-year-old, once voted Charlton’s greatest ever defender, was branded a “rogue” and a “dishonest character” for orchestrating a scam involving almost 100 unsuspecting investors – including family, friends and congregations of churches he attended.

He could face criminal charges after being hit with a 15-year bankruptcy restriction order by Registrar Clive Jones in a civil trial last week.

The Insolvency Service described the case as “one of the worst” it had encountered, comparing it to a £32m scam that in 2012 saw a City trader jailed for 13 years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he was a priest
  • Options
    did even realise he was working for us !
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Chunes said:

Pastor, Financial Adviser, Football Coach, you name it he does it.
  • Options
    Why didn't he just go off and run a pub
  • Options

Chunes said:

Pastor, Financial Adviser, Football Coach, you name it he does it.
    And a cab driver

http://www.forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55498/richard-rufus-new-role/p1
  • Options
    The club cannot just ignore the scale of his dishonesty. What message does leaving him at the Academy give to the kids?
  • Options
    If we don't sack him and he subsequently faces criminal action, it could be pretty embarrassing for the academy.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

'God is my only judge' sounds like the title of one of the more low-rent spaghetti Westerns.

Sadly for a CAFC legend,
    Richard may find this is not the case.
    Very sad.