Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fulham sack manager Kit Symons

BREAKING NEWS: Fulham sack manager Kit Symons. More reaction on ~\ssn

Curbs as "Interim"?

Comments

• Curbs and Powell reunited?
  • C_A_F_C said:

Curbs and Powell reunited?

possible
  • Id take symons here, thought he did alright at Fulham, got them playing nice attacking football
  • I really hope Curbs gets the job. In an ideal world I'd of course like him to come back to work for us, but I can't see it happen as long as Duchatelet owns the club. As I've said a couple of times before he's too good to be just a pundit so I always hope he gets back to management one day. Just look at Sam Allardyce, he is still working in the top flight, albeit at a bottom three club, so I don't see why Curbs won't be good enough to manage a Championship club. Not to mention that Curbs is, in my opinion, a better manager than Big Sam, and also a few years younger.
  • Much as I disliked watching Allardyce's team at West Ham, he is progressive around all things at a football club apart from creative intent on the pitch. Curbishley was never quite as creative in his transfer policy, but then he didn't leave a football club in a 100 million debt. That said I'd like to Curbishley do well at Fulham, it's a good fit for him.
  • I really hope Curbs gets the job. In an ideal world I'd of course like him to come back to work for us, but I can't see it happen as long as Duchatelet owns the club. As I've said a couple of times before he's too good to be just a pundit so I always hope he gets back to management one day. Just look at Sam Allardyce, he is still working in the top flight, albeit at a bottom three club, so I don't see why Curbs won't be good enough to manage a Championship club. Not to mention that Curbs is, in my opinion, a better manager than Big Sam, and also a few years younger.

Curbs is the logical choice, which is why he won't get it

a) Curbs was/is a great manager
    b) Curbs is a boring pundit :smiley:
  • I don't think that Kit Symons has ever looked convincing, although I thought Fulham had done ok this season in terms of consolidating their position after the trauma of Felix Magath last season.

The real problem for the owner, Shahid Khan, is that he bought the club at the top of the market and he's got no one to blame for that but himself.

I think that Curbs would be an excellent choice, although I suspect they'll go for someone who is perceived to be more 'exciting'.