Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How has the situation at Charlton affected you?

The thing that has shocked me is the complete loss of passion and caring that I have around football. But then every now and then something happens that makes me seriously angry at what is happening.

My oldest son is 7. When he was born one of the first things I dreamed of was having father and son days at Charlton.

I have taken him so far to 4 games. 0-3, 1-3, 1-2 and 0-0. Living in Surrey in Chelsea heartland I was always up against it but I actually don't want to put him through it. The other kids at school laugh at him when he turns up in a Charlton shirt and he is desperate for me to take him to a proper game of football (in his words).

So the other kids at school don't laugh at him.

Broke my heart seeing my boy say that.

Trying to think what I can write that won't be flagged for being OTT.

Katrien, Roland.

JUST

F

OFF

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Do you lose sleep over this ?

Are your eating habits affected by this ?

Is your heart racing or palpitating as a result ?

Do you find yourself staring into nothingness wondering where it all went wrong ?

Find something else to worry about and / or call your GP.
  • I

The thing that has shocked me is the complete loss of passion and caring that I have around football. But then every now and then something happens that makes me seriously angry at what is happening.

My oldest son is 7. When he was born one of the first things I dreamed of was having father and son days at Charlton.

I have taken him so far to 4 games. 0-3, 1-3, 1-2 and 0-0. Living in Surrey in Chelsea heartland I was always up against it but I actually don't want to put him through it. The other kids at school laugh at him when he turns up in a Charlton shirt and he is desperate for me to take him to a proper game of football (in his words).

Katrien, Roland.

JUST

F

OFF

I can almost repeat this word for word the only difference being that my kids want to start watching Southend! They're excited about Southend getting a new ground. Ironically here in Rayleigh, Pigott is now a bloody hero! Turning on the Xmas lights even! There is no relationship between the club and the fans at Charlton. No ones really that angry anymore. No one is really upset. No one is surprised.....the majority just couldn't give a shit anymore?
  • Sad really, not angry just sad. I'll always love this club but right now i'm embarrassed to support them.
  • I've been saying to my mates when they ask who have Charlton got 'We shall be losing too' they then laugh at my so-called optimism, so at least we are all having some sort of humour along with it.
  • I keep telling my kids it's character building supporting Charlton at the moment, they are not impressed.

It's got to turn around at some point, hasn't it?
  • PL54 said:

Do you find yourself staring into nothingness wondering where it all went wrong ?

No I don't give a shit about the football. I do care about my kids.
  • PL54 said:

You disappoint. I was expecting:

Parking near the grounds a lot easier and the sofa has done wonders for my sciatica.

• PL54 said:

No I don't give a shit about the football. I do care about my kids.
    Get him a Liverpool shirt if it is that bad
  • It's terrible isn't it... we had one sniff at long term established "success" and we blew it... peaked at the 4-2 chelsea win that boxing day and since then have been on downward slide since...

I , as we all do I'm sure, know what its like to support Charlton at school and get ribbed for it., not nice...

It is still beyond me as to why the Belgian bought the club...

He cant have been that naive.

• oh... how's it affected me... it's made me very angry... and had me going into the deepest darkest aspects of my being with explicit imagination, based around torture.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wierdly, my youngest (14) has shown real interest in going home and away this season, sadly, I keep finding reasons (tonight, possible fog) not to bother - pissed off with it
  • I'd be very surprised if Douchebag is here next season. Since selling Liege, apart from Mitov there seems to be little interclub movement and we are certainly no flagship. I expect him to keep St Truiden and flog the rest, after offloading any players worth a fee in January. Expect we are on the market already.
  • I'd be very surprised if Douchebag is here next season. Since selling Liege, apart from Mitov there seems to be little interclub movement and we are certainly no flagship. I expect him to keep St Truiden and flog the rest, after offloading any players worth a fee in January. Expect we are on the market already.

I hope so ...

He'd get about $3.50 for us at the moment...
  • I feel resignation. It's a horrible feeling.
  • Hang on a minute guys, you obviously care as you are writing from the heart how you feel.
    Don't let them win!
    Charlton is a great family club, and I'm glad my boy doesn't support Man U, Chelsea etc.
    I know it's shit at the mo, but as we can see on charltonlife the fans won't put up with it much longer.
  • Wouldn't be bothered at all if it wasn't for foolishly buying our points on sporting index at the beginning of the season. 'Second favourites for relegation?! They must be barking...'

Started playing football on Saturdays instead as I know I'm not missing much, I'll still go to home/London-based midweek games. Would be nice to care though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't be bothered at all if it wasn't for foolishly buying our points on sporting index at the beginning of the season. 'Second favourites for relegation?! They must be barking...'

Started playing football on Saturdays instead as I know I'm not missing much, I'll still go to home/London-based midweek games. Would be nice to care though.

Me too with sporting index, did also sell Brentford at 3rd (I think) favourites.
  • The thing that has shocked me is the complete loss of passion and caring that I have around football. But then every now and then something happens that makes me seriously angry at what is happening.

Katrien, Roland.

JUST

F

OFF

This has always been a problem.
    I am 18 now and at uni so not watching Charlton atm.
    But I got my first season ticket in the last Premier League season and then had a season ticket for a further 8 years, I've seen some real shite in my time as a Charlton supporter and I dealt with it at school, infact being a Charlton fan still gets the occassional piss taken out of me.
    Just stick with it, he'll thank you for it one day.
  • I feel resignation. It's a horrible feeling.

You gonna resign from her? Oh Good!!! ;-)
  • I was lucky, in a way, I grew up with Charlton on the way up, play off final, champions 99/00 season and people with half a football brain respecting curbs and the way Charlton was run. That and my dad telling me about the back to the valley campaign and giving clear examples of why and how Charlton and the fans are special. I feel for those growing up now who don't have that. This club is swirling round the shitter.
  • edited November 2015

Wouldn't be bothered at all if it wasn't for foolishly buying our points on sporting index at the beginning of the season. 'Second favourites for relegation?! They must be barking...'

Me too with sporting index, did also sell Brentford at 3rd (I think) favourites.
    I sold Brentford too, when we had them at home it was only going one way.

• Nug said:

Expect I'll get pelters for this but writing was on the wall when Powell was sacked. Got lucky that Riga turned out to be decent although nothing is black and white and we'll never know if it was all down to him. But started losing interest last season even when we were doing okay, just don't feel a connection with the club. Didn't renew season ticket for 3 of us at the beginning of this season and looks like a wise decision in retrospect. Can't see them changing their ways, RD comes across as an arrogant egomaniac. KM is just his mouthpiece, nothing more, she makes no decisions, RM even less of a factor.

Can't argue with any of that.