Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How much of this is down to the players?

However much we all whinge about RD, KM and our inept managers surely the players have to take a large share of the blame. How many of them are performing to their potential?
Sounds like we put in another shocking performance today and it's starting to look like the players are not even competing. As other posters have said our possession is abysmal and we're creating next to nothing.
This team look worse than the Blackpool side of last season.

Comments

• Options
    Yes the players need to step up, but maybe they need a bit of inspiration? Some of these players have endured poor manager after poor manager and a succession of poor decisions by RD and KM. Maybe they are just totally demoralised.

It's all very well people asking them to snap out of it, but clearly they are being affected by the complete shambles that's going on behind the scenes. This club is a mess from the top down, it must be tough to find the positivity they need to go out and get the required results.
  • Options
    Each and every player needs to look after number one and their own careers, and I bet they do.
  • Options
    Our performances are typified by Solly who has gone from fringes of Olympic call up to someone you wouldn't pick for your pub side.
  • Options
    As I mentioned in the post match thread, nobody is exempt and that includes the players. Going by the sound of today, every single one of them are disgusting excuses for footballers.
  • Options
    All the scummy Belgians fault. Yes the players are shit but our squad is so thin they cant even be dropped or rested for a few games.

ROLAND OUT
    KATRIEN OUT
    KAREL OUT
  • Options
    While the players are not completely faultless, all our energy should be focused on the person who has turned this club into this mess and his accomplices.
  • Options
    I think the term is "rudderless"
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Absolutely no team morale or commitment to Charlton. They come and go so regularly that they do not build any loyalty or desire to play for the shirt. They are simply a group of individuals with zero affinity to our great club.

KF could do a lot worse than getting someone from The Valley party along to give these players a history lesson and really tell them what this club means to its fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just saw the goals from today. The second one...Morgan Fox...holy shit I've not wanted to slap one of our players this much before. "Oh you've cut inside, eh? Guess you're not my problem anymore."
  • Options

KF could do a lot worse than getting someone from The Valley party along to give these players a history lesson and really tell them what this club means to its fans.

Great idea, anything which helps players feel connected to a club and supporters is well worth the time.
  • Options
    Potential? Quality in the league 3 of the French league or the Hungarian 4th division!

They're not up to it that much is clear. So whoever scouted them then subsequently paid a fee for them needs a career change!
  • Options

Great idea, anything which helps players feel connected to a club and supporters is well worth the time.
    I think Katrien is allergic to the Valley Party judging by her tantrum about this being mentioned at the player of the year.
  • Options
    Just posted in the after-match thread but my comments would have been applicable here as well. Can't be arsed to write it again.
  • Options
    Sounds like they are not fit enough according to Karel !So what was Guy doing at training
  • Options
    Well according to the players they are good enough
    So there you have it
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    They need a lift and normally a new manager provides that. But how can they get excited by a Belgian third div manager that they have never heard of. All that any of us want right now is something to cling on to, some hope, but there just isn't any whilst these clowns are running the circus.
  • Options
    I wonder if Solly's recent poor form is down to the fact he shouldn't be playing every week because of his injury? Last season he was playing Sat but missing the midweek game. Obviously he can't do that now as we don't have Gomez/anyone to cover him.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Just saw the goals from today. The second one...Morgan Fox...holy shit I've not wanted to slap one of our players this much before. "Oh you've cut inside, eh? Guess you're not my problem anymore."

He's absolute garbage but we shouldn't have gone into this season without another credible , experienced left back . Whether that's RD/ KM or Guy's fault, who knows ? The squad is woefully lacking in depth and more importantly character
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think Katrien is allergic to the Valley Party judging by her tantrum about this being mentioned at the player of the year.
    She's afraid of it. It's a reminder of exactly what the fans are capable of when united. Hence why she is so desperate to divide the fan base.
  • Options

She's afraid of it. It's a reminder of exactly what the fans are capable of when united. Hence why she is so desperate to divide the fan base.
    Indubitably
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    "Until they become conscious, they will never rebel"

Wise words
  • Options
    If we go down some players will leave but others will get stuck in League 1.
    It's their careers, so they better give it 100% because there are no guarantees anyone will sign them if we go down.

Whether it is Roland's mistakes, Guy's, Karel's or whoever the fact is they'll be the ones on the pitch and need to get some points quick.
  • Options
    An old managerial trick, treat the people different, favour some, annoy others. The ones you treated well, will make excuses for your mistakes, the others will not. They will argue with each other and while arguing, will leave you alone and not get together to attack you. You can get away with doing what you wish
  • Options
    I have no doubt the players have been affected by the various goings on. Bound to have a negative effect. However it seems to me the players lack fitness compared to the other teams in this league and I do wonder if this is the main reason for the number of injuries we have had??
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Sounds like they are not fit enough according to Karel !So what was Guy doing at training

What happened during the first international break after 5 matches ?

Ever since the Rotherham game the players have looked so Flat and tired ?
  • Options
    I lay all the blame on the 6 or so players we didn't add to the squad.................