Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euell Joins First Team Coaching Staff

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-jason-euell-interim-first-team-coach-2772158.aspx

Jason Euell has stepped up to join Charlton’s first-team coaching staff on a temporary basis, the club confirmed on Thursday afternoon.

The former Addicks player will take on a position as Interim First-Team Coach, working alongside Karel Fraeye and his assistant Wim De Corte who were placed in temporary charge on Sunday evening following Guy Luzon’s dismissal.

“I’m very appreciative of being asked to step up and be involved,” said Euell.

“I’m excited about the task ahead. I’ve been involved with the club for a long time and have become a fan myself so it’s an honour to take on a challenge with the first-team.”

“It’s a fresh start for everyone now,” he continued.

Comments

• Options
    This is sensible - for a change - if it doesn't work out he can go back to his job which he is doing well. If it does, all the better. We shall see.
  • Options
    Good luck Jason....but be wary of how 'they' treat long term employees and fans.
  • Options
    CTIGUK said:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-jason-euell-interim-first-team-coach-2772158.aspx

Jason Euell has stepped up to join Charlton’s first-team coaching staff on a temporary basis, as previously announced on Charlton Life and confirmed by the club on Thursday afternoon.

The former Addicks player will take on a position as Interim First-Team Coach, working alongside Karel Fraeye and his assistant Wim De Corte who were placed in temporary charge on Sunday evening following Guy Luzon’s dismissal.

“I’m very appreciative of being asked to step up and be involved,” said Euell.

“I’m excited about the task ahead. I’ve been involved with the club for a long time and have become a fan myself so it’s an honour to take on a challenge with the first-team.”

“It’s a fresh start for everyone now,” he continued.

Fixed that.

More twisted spin from the club and Olly Gr..

(only joking Olly!)
  • Options
    Hooray someone who understands the English game. Good lad Jason best of luck
  • Options
    He continues...“We want to get as many positives out of this week ahead of Middlesbrough on Saturday and try to get a result.

“Strangely, my first game will come against one of my former sides and I’m hoping that we can get a positive reaction from the boys so that we can give something back to those fans who will be making the long journey home on Saturday.”

Academy Manager Steve Avory and Professional Development Phase Coach (U17-U18), Simon Clark will coach and manage the development squad during this interim period.

Former Jamaica international Euell made a total of 171 appearances for Charlton during his playing days, scoring 39 goals, and will appear on the touchline for the first time alongside Fraeye and De Corte at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday where the Addicks take on Middlesbrough.

Meanwhile, the club will continue their process to find a permanent replacement for the position of Head Coach.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-jason-euell-interim-first-team-coach-2772158.aspx#hB3WO25Jy1eFCd27.99
  • Options
    A sensible move, while he'll probably be upset at the departure of Matthews especially, this is a good step up for Jason, and if it goes horribly wrong, he won't be the one getting the blame from the fans and wider world either!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    'Meanwhile, the club will continue their process to find a permanent replacement for the position of Head Coach'

maybe they are being serious about doing it properly this time what with all these interim positions
  • Options
    let's hope that he can get a response from the players .. I have the idea that he'll will prove to be, in the longer term, a VERY good coach/manager
  • Options

'Meanwhile, the club will continue their process to find a permanent replacement for the position of Head Coach'

maybe they are being serious about doing it properly this time what with all these interim positions

We'll see. I still think they are hoping that KF gets lucky so they don't have to bother.
    100%
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good luck Jason, don't let the buggers get you down.
  • Options
    With no disrespect meant to Euell, I'm also convinced that this is a way of pouring cold water over some of the more vocal support. People are far less likely to show dissent to the new man if they are introduced to the fans together at the Sheff Weds game.
  • Options
    Good luck Jason, but i hope you have a two way ticket back to
    The U21, if the losses continue.
  • Options
    Top man and has done a great job with the under21's. Best move the club has made under RD.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

He continues...“We want to get as many positives out of this week ahead of Middlesbrough on Saturday and try to get a result.

“Strangely, my first game will come against one of my former sides and I’m hoping that we can get a positive reaction from the boys so that we can give something back to those fans who will be making the long journey home on Saturday.”

Academy Manager Steve Avory and Professional Development Phase Coach (U17-U18), Simon Clark will coach and manage the development squad during this interim period.

Former Jamaica international Euell made a total of 171 appearances for Charlton during his playing days, scoring 39 goals, and will appear on the touchline for the first time alongside Fraeye and De Corte at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday where the Addicks take on Middlesbrough.

Meanwhile, the club will continue their process to find a permanent replacement for the position of Head Coach.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-jason-euell-interim-first-team-coach-2772158.aspx#hB3WO25Jy1eFCd27.99

So we still have sacked 3 and only brought 2 new people in. KM should be delighted with this cost cutting
  • Options
    Good luck Jase ,hope owner doesn't shite on you if it all goes wrong
  • Options

A sensible move, while he'll probably be upset at the departure of Matthews especially, this is a good step up for Jason, and if it goes horribly wrong, he won't be the one getting the blame from the fans and wider world either!

I do agree with this view. However the thing that worries me is that if (big if) it goes well he won't get the credit either and that scenario IMHO would probably be due to players responding to him. Enter Charlie Fry & SNAFU. Apologies for being cynical....
  • Options
    Good move and positive news, so unusual for this regime.

Maybe they are listening and learning at last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Good move and positive news, so unusual for this regime.

Maybe they are listening and learning at last.

Or maybe promoting Euell to the first team coaching set up is the easiest (and cheapest) option?
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Shrew said:

So we still have sacked 3 and only brought 2 new people in. KM should be delighted with this cost cutting
    1 new person brought in, 1 existing employee promoted - his payrise probably consists of unlimited tea and coffee (up to a maximum of two cups a day)

Good luck Jason. Whilst you certainly deserve to be there on merit, unfortunately I doubt that was the motivation for promoting you.
  • Options

Yeah, right. Searching for the man who already has the job. Good move for jason, but in these times, probably better to keep your head down. Ah well, I hope when the dust settles, he can go back to helping the youngsters, which he is doing magnificently.
  • Options
    This should feel like something worth celebrating given his dedication to learning his trade at U21 level. It feels more like throwing another layer of protection/panic move/someone under the bus whilst KM waits for RD to finish his dinner and decide what's next in our exciting ownership under him
  • Options
    As Jason Euell spent 11 Seasons in The Premier, he may be over qualified for the job, but Players need to step up to the plate.
    I would think that he would've more than 50% input in the team on Saturday.
  • Options
    Big Euelly fan. I guess you have to take these chances when they come your way, but I fear this will be a damaging move for him if he gets chucked of Roland Managerial Merry-go-round. None-the-less, happy to see him part of the team, lets hope it goes well for him.
  • Options
    A sensible move for a change!