Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big Mac on Boro

Simon Makienok has revealed that there is a positive vibe amongst the first team ahead of Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough
Olly Groome reports

Simon Makienok has revealed that there is a positive vibe amongst the first team ahead of Saturday’s trip to Middlesbrough.

Following the weekend’s dismissal of former Head Coach Guy Luzon, the Addicks have brought in Interim Head Coach Karel Fraeye on a temporary basis to steady the shop after nine league games without a victory.

And Denmark international Makienok spoke of an encouraging first meeting with the Belgian, who previously spent time at The Valley as assistant to Jose Riga in 2014.

“Obviously, it’s been a different situation to come into on Monday,” said the striker.

“We had to talk about a lot of things, but now we must start from scratch and look forward.

“We spoke to the Head Coach about how we want to do things and we’ve used these few days to put the last few games behind us. We’ve done that now and he’s come in with a lot of energy and a lot of smiles.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-simon-makienok-karel-fraeye-middlesbrough-2770309.aspx#0YaBE5g3xRKYddxv.99

Comments

• edited October 2015
    OS bullshit

And wasn't it SM who was in a bar telling people Malky had got the job ?
  • GAAASP... He called him Head Coach, not Interim Head Coach!!

• Good to see the shop is to be steadied.
  • The first comment by anyone since Saturday...
  • The first comment by anyone since Saturday...

I didnt think they were allowed to speak with anyone?
  • and a bit more-:
    “One of the first things he told us was that if we’re going to turn this around, we need positive, smiling players and if we’re doing that and fighting for each other, then we can achieve it.

“He also came with his ideas of how to play and I think that was very positive as well. I think, personally, it’s the right thing to do in our situation.”

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-simon-makienok-karel-fraeye-middlesbrough-2770309.aspx#0YaBE5g3xRKYddxv.99
  • and a bit more-:
    “One of the first things he told us was that if we’re going to turn this around, we need positive, smiling players and if we’re doing that and fighting for each other, then we can achieve it.

“He also came with his ideas of how to play and I think that was very positive as well. I think, personally, it’s the right thing to do in our situation.”

Wonder how long KF will be smiling for when he sees the gestures from the fans @ Middlesbrough?
  • Glad someone from the club has finally said something
  • Makienok can hardly contain his enthusiasm in that video.
  • Sponsored links:

• and a bit more-:

Wonder how long KF will be smiling for when he sees the gestures from the fans @ Middlesbrough?
    From both of them?
  • “Keep supporting and keep coming,” insisted Makienok.

“I’ve been in situations like this at my former clubs and it helps so much when you’re in a bad period and you’re down. "

As much as I respect the positivity in one sense Simon, no you haven't. Maybe as a player losing a few games on the trot, but nothing near to what we as fans are putting up with.
  • edited October 2015

“Keep supporting and keep coming,” insisted Makienok.

“I’ve been in situations like this at my former clubs and it helps so much when you’re in a bad period and you’re down. "

As much as I respect the positivity in one sense Simon, no you haven't. Maybe as a player losing a few games on the trot, but nothing near to what we as fans are putting up with.

Simon started out with Herfølge BK and then with merged club HB Koge in 2009/10...

The Danish 1st Division club Herfølge Boldklub and bankrupt club Køge Boldklub decided in March 2009 to merge. The club played their first season as a merged club in the 2009–10 season of the Danish Superliga. The season ended in relegation.
  • Don't worry guys, if we all smile this weekend we are bound to win.
  • “Keep supporting and keep coming,” insisted Makienok.

Simon started out with Herfølge BK and then with merged club HB Koge in 2009/10...

The Danish 1st Division club Herfølge Boldklub and bankrupt club Køge Boldklub decided in March 2009 to merge. The club played their first season as a merged club in the 2009–10 season of the Danish Superliga. The season ended in relegation.
    So they merged and got relegated from the top tier of Denmark? I'm praying for something as good as that to happen to us, as long as it gets rid of RD! We are one of the favourites to be relegated from the second division in England anywho, oh and still be run by an owner who can run his experiment in that league - with no eyes on progress as a football club.
  • I'm glad someone has emerged from the bunker
  • Interview conducted with him tied to a chair and a spot light being pointed in his face by KM!!!

Similar style to JJ's "please come to the match" video before the Brentford game !
  • Reminds me of South Park the movie when certain members of the US army are strapped to side of fighter jets as "bomb and bullet shields".

Where is the CEO? Where is Fraeye?

A load of bollocks.
  • Reminds me of South Park the movie when certain members of the US army are strapped to side of fighter jets as "bomb and bullet shields".

Where is the CEO? Where is Fraeye?

A load of bollocks.

Hide behind the players, and at that one of the only players who isn't getting slated of late due to his work rate. Can see exactly why the club are doing it. The players are our weak point as supporters at the moment - because we feel connected to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Smiley happy people holding hands. Job done.
  • Doesn't sound like the new guy is interim at all by the sounds of that. ( but we knew that anyway)
  • Some of you lot are a joke!

The club interview a player who has positive things to say.. HOW DARE HE!

Good interview, keep them coming CAFC

Thanks Colin
  • Nothing from the owner, nothing from KM, nothing from the manager, only word on our new manager comes from a geezer on loan

As I said on Twitter. It is a shame many are thinking like this, but there are only two people to blame (and it's not the comms team).

• hope Simon Mak doesn't read CL. He is urging us to stick with the team as we all want the same thing, to win. Some hope mate.
  • As if he'd be allowed to say anything else
  • hope Simon Mak doesn't read CL. He is urging us to stick with the team as we all want the same thing, to win. Some hope mate.

You would think though they would choose a more bubbly character to get the network's message across - I suppose the rationale is that he is a "fan's favourite" - it doesn't really make very inspiring watching.