Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Curbs On Our Situation

On SSN

He's not surprised by sacking. When it was suggested that they need someone long term who needs the Club he hinted at a bit of resentment that all evidence of past achievements have been "eradicated". He indicated that he had heard pictures of past glories had been taken down.

Was pushed as to whether he would take the job and wouldn't answer this directly as he said "the Chairman makes the decision as to who he wants and he looks at the sort of manager he wants and it seems to be someone from his old clubs". He certainly didn't rule himself out.

Comments

• Options
    Have the pictures of "past achievements" really been taken down ? It's not my recollection during my few and brief visits to the Board Room and environs.
  • Options
    You could tell by the interview he would jump at the chance to come back. However I'm not sure he realises the Owner is a such a prick.
  • Options
    Someone needs to put a curb on our situation
  • Options
    Get him back!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps a few thousand e mails to KM might remind her of Curbs availability.
  • Options
    Cant see Curbs coming back as Director or part-owner - he knows how much he'd have to dip in his pocket.!
    Can see him coming back as Director of Football, supremo of player signings etc. - as part of new Varney consortium/fan takeover when we are in L2, when Douche gets bored with us.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
  • Options

If that's true about the pictures, I find that very sad and another arrogant act by, presumably, Pinocchio.

Still lots of pictures of 'past glories' scattered around the ground
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

If that's true about the pictures, I find that very sad and another arrogant act by, presumably, Pinocchio.

Can't see why he'd make it up though. Maybe it's just the ones that he remembers being around, sure he had a wander about when he was at The Valley a few weeks back
  • Options
    can't see it myself about the pictures, after all we play a video montage on the big screen of past glories including a couple of CP who RD sacked
  • Options
    WSS said:

cafc999 said:

Can't see why he'd make it up though. Maybe it's just the ones that he remembers being around, sure he had a wander about when he was at The Valley a few weeks back
    According to the above he says "I heard" not "I saw" so he is neither making it up nor 100% sure.

Either way - build a bonfire
  • Options

It would be completely negligent if AC is not approached by the club. Of all the British managers currently available he is easily best fit for Charlton. He would have the support of the vast vast majority of supporters and we know that he works very effectively with what he has available. The players would have instant respect. A better option than any of the foreign managers that will be considered.

He was available when Peeters was sacked and announced his availability, the arrogance of the present regime simply dismissed this and will continue to in the future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We know he won't be. But we also know it will end in tears if the owner wants a continental coach. If he revises his plan, and realises a manager might work better in England, then it is hard to see who would be a better fit than Curbs. Yes, he has been out of the management game a long time, but he won’t have forgotten how to do things.
  • Options
    Curbs was at the ground for Fulham game. Maybe some pictures have been moved around but because they were not where he remembers he assumed they had been completely removed.
  • Options
    He could be our next Alan Curbishley. Get him back, get promoted, name two stands after him.

Our problem is that RD is TOO rich. If he had less cash he would be less willing to gamble his money on untried no-ones and we would, strangely, be doing much better!
  • Options
    They would never appoint Curbs because that would be sensible. This lot enjoy being perceived as incompetent, clueless chumps. Their appointment of managers has been a reoccurring disaster, and if I were Katrien or Roland I'd be embarrassed to even mention the subject of managers to the press or the fans. You'd think that they might be interested in trying to redeem themselves, but no, they just want to look even more stupid.
  • Options
    In some strange parallel universe where Curbs was appointed, how many fans do you think would turn up for his first home game in charge?
  • Options

In some strange parallel universe where Curbs was appointed, how many fans do you think would turn up for his first home game in charge?

20k +
  • Options
    Oh yes 400 mile round trip I would any other manager eh no