Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Petition to the FA

edited October 2015 in General Charlton
Kish has started a petition to the FA to investigate RD and his exciting dealings with Charlton Athletic. Among all the other initiatives, this is now up and running, so if anyone wants to sign up, please go to

https://www.change.org/p/the-football-association-the-fa-to-investigate-the-running-of-cafc-and-to-review-the-fit-and-proper-person-criteria

Comments

• Cheers Beds!
  • I'm not wanting to put the kybosh on anything but I do think you are barking up the wrong tree.
  • This is just as crazy as RD is. He might be many things but RD is not dodgy.
  • edited October 2015
    Just because there is a lot of dislike and confusion re RD methods doesnt make him unfit to run the club, I think people are starting to become slightly delusional. Reminds me of Grange Hill when they used to regularly protest about wearing school uniform, flipping heck Tucker! (Grange Hill also had a problematical RoLand if I remember correctly)
  • Signed. It can't do any harm. Brings it to the spotlight, which is what we need. If there's nothing there then nothing will be found.
  • Think you could've gone at something like this at a different angle. Firstly to actually look up what the rules regarding the fit and proper persons test which I'm confident RD doesn't break.

This right here is symbolic for a lot which has been suggested over the last couple of days. Just inane thoughts followed by hashing out a plan and posting it on here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

This is a terrible idea. I can't possibly criticise anyone who's pulled his finger out and organised something. But this is just plain daft.

Q: Is RD a "fit and proper person"?
    A: Yes

This achieves nothing, with the possible exception of tainting other campaigns it suggesting that are being worked on.

I'm reluctant to criticise anyone who has got off their backside and is trying another approach to put pressure on the owner to rethink his approach. However, unless there's something lurking in the background we've not heard about, I honestly can't see much value in this because RD will clearly pass any f&p test.
  • edited October 2015
    Chizz said:

This is a terrible idea. I can't possibly criticise anyone who's pulled his finger out and organised something. But this is just plain daft.

This achieves nothing, with the possible exception of tainting other campaigns it suggesting that are being worked on.

Apart from anything else, in case it has escaped anyone's notice, we are not in the Premier League. So, it's the Football League's fit and proper test, not the FA's and outside the FA's ambit.

So utterly pointless. In any event, unless they've introduced a new sanity test, he would pass with flying colours.
  • edited October 2015
    cafcfan said:

Chizz said:

Apart from anything else, in case it has escaped anyone's notice, we are not in the Premier League. So, it's the Football League's fit and proper test, not the FA's and outside the FA's ambit.

So utterly pointless. In any event, unless they've introduced a new sanity test, he would pass with flying colours.
    People really should get their facts straight first shouldn't they ?

I actually think it's more damaging to any action the wider support base choose to take in the near future as everything we come up with can now be dismissed as "they don't know what they're talking about - look at this petition they started" without discerning between the gentleman who came up with this and a wider group of Charlton fans.
  • RD would undoubtedly pass any FA review into his tenureship, however I have signed the petition as we have use every means avaliable to us to highlight our plight. You may think something a waste of time, but if it is legal and only one thing in multitude of others it is worth doing.
  • I stand corrected, I am quite often called a buffoon.
  • cfgs said:

I stand corrected, I am quite often called a buffoon.

Sorry, mate, not directed at you but at whoever set up the petition in the first place. They really should take it off-line.

Apart from anything else, the Football League DO review the F&P position of "relevant persons" at the start of each and every season, not just when a club is acquired or gets promoted from the Conference or relegated from the Premier.
  • Sponsored links:

• A fit and proper person in the fa/ premier league's eyes is normally to give the OK to someone who is as bent and crooked as they come but must be willing to spend millions to bring the best players to these shores thus sky rocketing said f.a and premier league coffers due to increased punter spending to watch them.
    Roland definitely falls foul in one of those requirements.
  • cafcfan said:

cfgs said:

RD would undoubtedly pass any FA review into his tenureship, however I have signed the petition as we have use every means avaliable to us to highlight our plight. You may think something a waste of time, but if it is legal and only one thing in multitude of others it is worth doing.

It isn't worth doing. It is buffoonery. It's the wrong organisation and what has changed since he last time he passed the FOOTBALL LEAGUE'S F&P test?
    For the sake of disclosure, I only "Liked" this comment because of the magnificent use of the word "buffoonery". Great job!
  • What rubbish. I swear some people have nothing better to do with there time.
  • I love a good petition, especially to the FA who can't find their a*** with both hands and who's a chairman, Greg Dick, sat between our the wicked Witch and a clearly-asleep Richard Murray at our last home game.

Don't get me wrong, I commend the efforts but the fit and proper persons test is run by the Football League and the FA have little jurisdiction over them and even if they did they wouldn't do anything about it anyway, mainly because most of them are as corrupt as.
  • Signed it. It questions whether or not the "fit and proper person" criteria is fit for purpose. The fact is that Roland passes the criteria with flying colours, which means it is worthy of scrutiny.
  • edited October 2015
    Roland Duchatelet is an Enigma, But is he a Massimo Cellino ?
    Not in a million years.
  • Halix said:

Just because there is a lot of dislike and confusion re RD methods doesnt make him unfit to run the club, I think people are starting to become slightly delusional. Reminds me of Grange Hill when they used to regularly protest about wearing school uniform, flipping heck Tucker! (Grange Hill also had a problematical RoLand if I remember correctly)

I think gripper was a bigger threat than Ro Land!
  • edited October 2015
  • Isn't it two questions anyway?

Is he fit?

Is he proper?

You never know he might fail on both :open_mouth:
  • edited October 2015
    Loco said:

Isn't it two questions anyway?

Is he fit?

Is he proper?

You never know he might fail on both :open_mouth:

No, it's one question. So, it's more like gin & tonic than chalk & cheese. In fact, the Football League call it a "disqualifying condition" it's just the rest of world that calls it fit & proper.

But within that there is a whole series of criteria. Like, for example, being banned by another sport's governing body, or a professional association, bankruptcy, unspent convictions for a range of (but not all) criminal offences.

So, it's peculiar, but being a convicted flasher who was in receipt of a six month sentence would not preclude him from being F&P but if he had a banning order for running on the pitch or had touted a ticket for a football match, he'd be out on his ear.
    Still, the way the regulations are crafted, there is no way, whatsoever, that RD could be chucked out by the Football League upon the known facts about him.
    In a nutshell, being mad, bad, unpleasant, incompetent, smelly, tight, a drunk, wearing the same underpants for months on end, liking Marmite and salad cream on toast, or merely being a poor decision maker when it comes to footballers and managers will not get one banned from football.
    Indeed, if the regs were so crafted, there would be almost nobody left working in the industry, which is why they aren't.
    Edited to add: by way of illustration, just Google Blackpool, Oyston, and rape.