Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton have appointed Karel Fraeye as Interim Head Coach

Comments

• Options
    At least with Riga, Peeters and Luzon they had reasonable experience and all had good starts with us. There was some hope that maybe it could work out.

Back in the summer it looked like there was some sort of plan, we made young long term signings and signed up JBG and Cousins on new deals.

Clearly he'll get the job should he get a decent result or two, if not at the very least he'll be part of a new coaching team alongside yet another Belgian based Head Coach.

The way it's going we could lose the next two games 5-0 and it wouldn't be that much of a shock if he was given the job permanently.

Even if he somehow turns out to be some sort of football genius (he won't) you know it won't last because no matter how good he is the squad will never be strong enough to keep it going. When he can't produce miracles RD will make another bizarre appointment and the whole thing will start all over again.
  • Options
    Riga, Peeters and Luzon ALL had experienced English coaches working with them, Matthew for all 3, plus Dyer for Riga, which Fraeye won't have.

Also, why wasn't Fraeye involved with either Peeters or Luzon? He didn't have to leave with Riga, it's not as if Riga took him with him to his other jobs.
  • Options
    well let's see how many of us show our disapproval and boycott matches, I doubt many will, we don't have the bottle!
  • Options
    We can only hope this appointment is a pre-curser to Riga coming back. It's the only hope..... And I'm clinging to it
  • Options
    Depressing doesn't even cover it.
  • Options
    Surely Murry must have some imput in all of this
  • Options
    Bloody awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

I am just lost for words. I can't stop thinking about the following facts:

- Hamme are twelfth in a regional league, the Belgian THIRD DIVISION
    - They have just lost a home game 0-4 so are probably in just a state as we are, but on a more tinpot level
    - These types of appointments have been deemed failures three times in a row by RD (hence why he keeps sacking them) so why is he trying it again - but this time on an even more extreme scale.

BELGIAN THIRD DIVISION. I just cannot get my head around this bollocks.

This feels like one of those April Fools Day pranks, like the time the club suggested a picture of a stunned fish to be our new logo that time. But this is actually happening.

I'm going to wake up in a minute

Exactly what I've been thinking about. The whole thing is beyond belief. RD must be running out of head coaches that he can choose from the network. The fact that they mentioned Fraeye holds a UEFA A coaching licence is a total embarrassment in itself – is there any club that boasts about what licence the newly appointed manager has? I never knew that was even a question.
  • Options

well let's see how many of us show our disapproval and boycott matches, I doubt many will, we don't have the bottle!

Well, mine started 3 games ago.........
  • Options
    Is that the new kit for next season?
  • Options

Let's not be so swift to pass judgement on Karel. I hope he can make a positive contribution. I suggest we direct our collective disdain for M Duchatelet via Katrien (and not get abusive to her).

Why should Meire not cop the earache?
  • Options
    End of the road for me. Admittedly I've hardly been over the last year or so.but this is the final straw for me. The next time I enter the valley will be when the Belgian circus have upped sticks. Absolutely gutted that our club has been ripped apart.

Just when you think this c*** can't take the piss anymore he goes and does it again. The joke is, it's going to get worse before it gets better.
  • Options
    Clearly it's only Interim until KM gets around to signing the papers for a fulltime basis. The list of decent managers out there with experience of this league is frightening. Those on here who question why everyone is so angry about this should take a brief nanosecond to look at the wider picture. Luzón got the push saturday. Within 12 hours, the SLP are announcing the caretaker replacement, who is going to give up his job in the Belgian third división to come over and take care. This just smells of sticking two fingers up at the fans. There is no logic whatsoever, apart from that the mismanagement of signings over the summer means that any stooge RD brings in will have the same problems Luzón had.
    I honestly find it hard to see how RD made so much money, as his recruitment abilities defy sense.
  • Options
    Everyone needs to calm down about the whole "why would they leave full time positions" thing. Clearly you haven't realised that the term "caretaker manager" has applied to all of our managers under RD ;-)
  • Options
    This is where I'm at ...

I am a long standing supporter since 1965. I have a season ticket. I will see this season out but if the missus asks me to go shopping, I will seriously consider it.

From now on, I will spent not a single penny more on refreshments, merchandise, Valley Gold or the Jackpot tickets. I will not be renewing my season ticket next season.

I feel that my association with Charlton is like a failing relationship. You've tried and tried and tried to make it work, to support and understand, and you want to give it another shot but you know deep down, you're falling out of love and drifting apart.

I'm at the point where I can't be bothered any more. Saturday was the turning point for me. I started watching the rugby at 4pm and left early so that I didn't miss too much of the second half.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me and the lad have season tickets but we won't be renewing or going to games after this farce unless a british manager with championship experience is placed in charge. RD clearly has no interest in the fans or their opinion .. their unpublished future business plans are built on the real estate value of the land and potential property development of the Valley site.
  • Options
    needless said:

Me and the lad have season tickets but we won't be renewing or going to games after this farce unless a british manager with championship experience is placed in charge. RD clearly has no interest in the fans or their opinion .. their unpublished future business plans are built on the real estate value of the land and potential property development of the Valley site.

There must be an hidden agenda by Duchatelet.

{His} actions speak louder than words.
  • Options
    Or inactions! Will be following Bromley FC during the "interim" regime....
  • Options

I'm even starting to hate Belgium chocolate...

Oh come now, there's no need to over-react. And you'll have to pry my belgian chocolate from my cold dead hands.
  • Options
    RD and KM have finally demonstrated that they do not care about CAFC supporters. This appointment is an insult to us- and the money we spend supporting CAFC. I believe we are fed lies. What are RDs motives? The club is collapsing and he makes decisions to make its decline quicker.
    I have a season ticket but will not be going until some sense is installed at the club. I will not renew next season.
    I will go if an organised protest is planned. I really hope all factions can get together and set up an effective organised protest.
  • Options
    At least we don't have to worry about work permits this time !
  • Options
    If you sit and make a list of all the baffling decisions over the last two years, this is at the top
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited October 2015
    se9addick said:

At least we don't have to worry about work permits this time !

The scary thing is, throughout all of this crap, I'd totally forgotten about that farce.
  • Options
    We need to organise some serious crowdfunding ladies and gentlemen...
  • Options
    How about we all support/go to games at another local club in the interim..if the Black and White theme is adopted then maybe Bromley FC ... they play (and play well as a team!) in those colours and are doing very nicely in their first season at National League level. Chants of "We're all going to Bromley" and a very noisy and slow conga style walk out during the next home game maybe ..... at least we could enjoy some local football, help out another club whilst this mess is sorted out. Come's at a cost though...Adults £10 a game if you show your Championship season ticket at the Hayes Lane turnstiles.... just a thought.