Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johan Cruyff

Diagnosed with lung cancer.

Lost my mum in 3 months to this horrific disease. Good luck to him.

I read that he used to smoke at half time. The last thing my Mum said was that smoking was the biggest regret she had - it ended up killing her. Good luck to anyone trying to give it up. Especially if you are a parent, do it for your kids, so they dont lose you too young.

Comments

• It's very sad that he has cancer
    I remember reading that he smoked up to 100 cigarettes a day when he was manager of Barcelona. That's completely insane.
  • Never saw him without a fag when managing Barca. It's a stressful job and I'm sure many managers smoke in private, plenty of players do.
  • It's very sad that he has cancer
    I remember reading that he smoked up to 100 cigarettes a day when he was manager of Barcelona. That's completely insane.

Wow, assuming your awake 16 hours a day that's more than a cigarette every 10 minutes.

Good luck to him.
  • one of the worst cancers to cure but can be 'managed' if it's not too far advanced .. all the very best to him
  • edited October 2015
    saw him play in his pomp for Ajax against the goonershit--he was at his best but unfortunately The Arse won 3 nil.
    great enough to have a move named after him , i hope he can do the "Cryuff Turn" on his horrible illnes
  • Outside of Charlton, my favourite player when growing up.

Can only wish him all the best fighting this horrible disease.